• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Impressions Thread : And so the Nightly Hunt Begins

UrbanRats

Already confirmed
Not like sceja has much of anything else to show atm

I think Yosp said they cut a couple of games out of Gamescom, to keep something for TGS, so you never know.

I'm personally hoping for one of these to be Toyama's next game.. be it something new or a Gravity Daze sequel/port.

Being a Dark Souls fan for some reason I have not paid attention to this game. I should be killed. This game is looking really good. I hope they can do 60fps on the PS4. Even if they need to delay it for 60fps I would not care.

klee123

That exact location is in the trailer.

We also saw what presumably was an earlier version of it in that leaked TGS trailer.

Speaking of which, I really can't believe the visual upgrade this game has seen. If they'd have announced it at TGS, this would have been the most significant graphical progression I'd have ever seen in a game.

Yeah, the difference between the leaked trailer to the Gamescom trailer is practically a whole generation apart in terms of graphics.

My guess is that From didn't have the proper tools until last year, so they were working with last gen assets, but having Sony's support made it easier for them to upgrade.

Conezays

So has anyone come out and said this is 100 % a PS4 exclusive yet? (beyond the fair assumption that Sony's involvement suggests exclusivity). Wondering if the chances of Bloodborne coming to PC are above nil or not. A man can dream. Will still enjoy on PS4 regardless.

kasane

So has anyone come out and said this is 100 % a PS4 exclusive yet? (beyond the fair assumption that Sony's involvement suggests exclusivity). Wondering if the chances of Bloodborne coming to PC are above nil or not. A man can dream. Will still enjoy on PS4 regardless.
This shit again

Jp studio is co developing this

klee123

The game is a partnership between From and SCEJ and fully funded by Sony. The IP is owned by Sony and is published them as well.

With the way how Sony does things, unlike MS, there is 0% chance of it hitting PC let alone other non Sony consoles.

Conezays

The game is a partnership between From and SCEJ and fully funded by Sony. The IP is owned by Sony and is published them as well.

With the way how Sony does things, unlike MS, there is 0% chance of it hitting PC let alone other non Sony consoles.

Fair enough, I didn't think it was that likely myself, but never say never. Stoked for the game regardless. Impressed this will be out less than a year after Dark Souls II.

Waaaaaaaait. There's PvP and Coop?

WHSHAHAHAHAHWWIAHAVRJAUANEVE

HYPE! This I did NOT know!

They had been cagey about it until recently, primarily because it sounds like it works a little differently than before, but I think we can just assume this is a core feature that will always be present in From Soulslike games.

Never heard that quote about him wanting to create an atmosphere similar to ToL throughout the whole game. That was my favorite area in any of the Souls games, so that alone has me super hyped.

ced

image_bloodborne-26032-2994_0002.jpg

Look at this pic! How amazing is that?

Its incredible, I can't wait for this.

I-hate-u

Its a Sony first party game. MS could be a dick and snag Dark Souls 3 though because of Bloodborne. I would be mad as hell.

Owwari

Banned
Thinking about it, firearms are a godsend to the Souls formula (albeit more necessary on DS2 than the previous games).
Sometimes you just need that extra crowd control when enemies swarm you and you're stuck dodging for minutes with no openings at all, it's brilliant!

Ateron

I know the game is only 30fps, but despite a few complaints it looks very smooth. Maybe just the video compression but seems smoother than 30, at least in certain segments of Vaati's video.

Its incredible, I can't wait for this.

And this looks like a fucking painting. Coming from a dev not known for pushing cutting edge visuals, and this early in ps4 life cycle, is nothing short of amazing. I find it peculiar that 3 of the best looking games (in my eyes at least) come from 3 devs that weren't known for pushing the best visuals : From, SP and RAD (even though they really knocked it out of the park on the limited PSP hw, but had no experience with ps3 hardware).

Imagine DS3 in 2-3 years. Jesus.
Maybe U4 was really legit

I know the game is only 30fps, but despite a few complaints it looks very smooth. Maybe just the video compression but seems smoother than 30, at least in certain segments of Vaati's video.

And this looks like a fucking painting. Coming from a dev not known for pushing cutting edge visuals, and this early in ps4 life cycle, is nothing short of amazing. I find it peculiar that 3 of the best looking games (in my eyes at least) come from 3 devs that weren't known for pushing the best visuals : From, SP and RAD (even though they really knocked it out of the Park in PSP, but had no experience with ps3 hardware).

Yeah it's pretty crazy. No one was shocked at how good Shadow Fall looked cause it's Killzone. But then inFamous comes out and looks even better? Wut? Now a Fromsoft game? And a PSP dev? Sony's graphical talent is mind boggling. The PS4 has several exclusives in the running for best looking game ever.

Ateron

Yeah it's pretty crazy. No one was shocked at how good Shadow Fall looked cause it's Killzone. But then inFamous comes out and looks even better? Wut? Now a Fromsoft game? And a PSP dev? Sony's graphical talent is mind boggling. The PS4 has several exclusives in the running for best looking game ever.

That's why I'm starting to believe that naughty dog can manage to pull those visuals in real time. I never played DS for the visuals,never thought they were bad but nothing to write home about either..they were functional, backed by outstanding art direction. But bloodborne feels different. The visuals seem amazing, the lighting, the way his clothes move, everything down to the smallest detail. And that huge monster that looks like Manus? Maybe I'm being a bit naive/easy to please, but it looks almost CG quality to me.. Hgnn should refrain from watching these videos, gonna make the waiting even harder but I'm a sucker for this. When From/KojiPro show something my willpower to resist equals -1000 lol

Respawn

Banned

Holy Shit. It's exclusive. Not going to change.

Shame Shadow Fall caught as much shit as it did. Can't wait to see stellar graphics in this dark fantasy world. Hopefully Bloodborne fares better than KZ in the eyes of Sony haters. Not sure I can wade through endless pages of drivel cone release.

MavFan619

Banned
Shame Shadow Fall caught as much shit as it did. Can't wait to see stellar graphics in this dark fantasy world. Hopefully Bloodborne fares better than KZ in the eyes of Sony haters. Not sure I can wade through endless pages of drivel cone release.
They will instead harp on the fact that it will be 30fps. I mean I would love 60fps but game looks great (visually and to play) and I played 15fps Dark Souls on PS3 I'll manage.

And this looks like a fucking painting. Coming from a dev not known for pushing cutting edge visuals, and this early in ps4 life cycle, is nothing short of amazing. I find it peculiar that 3 of the best looking games (in my eyes at least) come from 3 devs that weren't known for pushing the best visuals : From, SP and RAD (even though they really knocked it out of the park on the limited PSP hw, but had no experience with ps3 hardware).

I think in a lot of ways the visuals were always there, they were just masked by low resolution. Go check out some of the 4K and 8K downsampled screencaps of Dark Souls 1 and 2 from PC threads. I don't know what it is about their games, but they scale incredibly well with resolution. Bloodborne does look like it has more objects on screen so that also adds to its visuals.

Shengar

Its a Sony first party game. MS could be a dick and snag Dark Souls 3 though because of Bloodborne. I would be mad as hell.

After they perfectly ruined the dubious ending of Dark Souls with 2, I don't think I will care for future Dark Souls unless they opt for a semi-restart (no more same item, shared lore, the similarity just in aesthetic, tone, gameplay, and general theme).

Don't worry you WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY IT ON PC!!!....through PS4 EMULATION!!!...in 10 years hopefully...

It looks awesome, but I'm curious what other environments there will be. Mainly because everything I've seen so far is creepy as fuck....and is it ever daytime in Bloodborne land?

the picture you quoted didn't look like it's nightime. that is probably daytime, just really cloudy blocking a lot of the sun.

Conezays

Not sure why my light-hearted question prompted such rage, but oh well. I'm a big fan of From's games and have a PS4/PC, so no worries on my end.

N.Domixis

Banned
Lost hype after I heard it wasn't hard. If someone has played it, did you notice any big changes in difficulty when compared to the previous souls games?

Not sure why my light-hearted question prompted such rage, but oh well. I'm a big fan of From's games and have a PS4/PC, so no worries on my end.
It's probably because you're the 1201930129302193th person asking that.
Lost hype after I heard it wasn't hard. If someone has played it, did you notice any big changes in difficulty when compared to the previous souls games?
The devs already said the demo was purposely easier.

Being a Dark Souls fan for some reason I have not paid attention to this game. I should be killed. This game is looking really good. I hope they can do 60fps on the PS4. Even if they need to delay it for 60fps I would not care.

I admire your optimism but it takes more than time to hit 60FPS. That said, I really wish they were too.

gotoadgo

It's well known the demo they showed was tuned down in difficulty so people could complete it. No one has any real information on just how hard it's going to be.

takriel

Any new infos about the release date frame? I really hope we get it as soon as possible, because it already looks pretty polished. February, anyone?

Shengar

“Miyazaki looks at the health gauge not as health. It’s your power of will to go on. And as that goes down you’re plunging into despair but in combat as you get hit. If you think about if you’re in that situation in real life, straight after it happens you can still get your hope back by landing your own attacks. But if you leave it for too long, you’re plunge into more and more despair. When your health reaches zero, that’s complete despair, but until that happens you’re still alive, and you can still go on and get your hope back. And it’s that hope and despair and power of will combined. He just doesn’t see a health gauge and that’s how it’s implemented in Bloodborne.”
Truly befitting the tile of "Legendary Big M".

Top Bottom