• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+++| ...and so the Nightly Hunt continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that your shrines will be reset, so you'll lose progress in any open chalice dungeon, but, you'll keep all the items you find in the dungeons (Chalices, Ritual Blood, Fetid items).

Basically, if you start a chalice dungeon, finish it before you NG+ or your progress in that chalice dungeon will need to be reset.

This isn't true. Open dungeons carry over to NG.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

ISee

ok. i have already mastered the first part (waiting for ranged, then overhead). unfortunately, he eventually gets into a zone where he just sort of marches at me endlessly and stops doing ranged attacks. at that point, he invariable crushes me. I'll try rolling towards his legs more... maybe that will stop him. i think maybe i try to roll behind him rather than towards legs, and it never does any good.

EdIT -- do i keep rolling till he's done? or just get near his legs and wait? get near his legs and slash? i'm getting smashed.

His last ~35% are definetly the hard part. It is hard to tell, most of the time I managed to roll inbetween his legs where his 'last' melee attack could not hit me. I am not saying it is save to stay there for long as he is going to try to stomp on you with his feet but most of the time it was enough for one quick hit.

Maybe this video is going to help you, the guy did it very similar to me.

Boss fight video

If nothing else helps you can always do the ranged dance for his last 35%. Equip throwing knifes, molotoves and bone marrow ash. Keep on doging, stay far away from him and throw or use a ranged attacks whenever possible. There are some windows between his attacks if you try to keep your distance.

Minamu

I believe that your shrines will be reset, so you'll lose progress in any open chalice dungeon, but, you'll keep all the items you find in the dungeons (Chalices, Ritual Blood, Fetid items).

Basically, if you start a chalice dungeon, finish it before you NG+ or your progress in that chalice dungeon will need to be reset.

This isn't true. Open dungeons carry over to NG.
Alright! I'll try at least one of them before the boss I think and double check each area for hidden stuff with a wiki befoer going over then. Almost at the soft cap for all stats, feels good ^^

Respect

Meanwhile my SL 120 character is getting a lot of matches in PvP! Thanks god finally!

Its clear how better the netcode runs now, there's a lot of ghost around now.

This is wonderful news. I would usually get decent pvp in the 50-60 range, but even that would hang up from time to time...but 100+ was a complete ghost town.

Putty

So tonight's progress had me level up to 75. Lots of items found, new gems increased my weapon damage by another 20+, 2 Blood Chunks away +8 on said weapon. got familiar with the area around One Reborn. Ready to have a pop at him/she/it.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Where do you guys stand on Eileen's quest
requiring you to ignore her advice to keep her friendly and get the full quest
?

Personally I dislike things like that, especially when these games have NPCs turn hostile so often. I assumed that actually doing it would keep the quest alive for later, rather than essentially killing it

First time I've been burned by not using a tutorial

I accidently killed her when trying to help her in the
fight against that hunter where FG hung out :p lol...
at least I've been Crow fashionista deep since then :D

Haven't regretted a thing, may let her live in NG+

npa189

Think I ran into a glitch, I summoned 2 people to help me somehow, is that supposed to be even possible? anyway, we mobbed on down the street to
The One Reborn
one guy cleared all the shit on the upper levels, and the two of us went to work on the boss. Then I was flattened like a pancake. At least I killed the darkbeast, but this was one of the most frustrating nights with bloodborne I've had.

Ferrio

Banned
Think I ran into a glitch, I summoned 2 people to help me somehow, is that supposed to be even possible? anyway, we mobbed on down the street to
The One Reborn
one guy cleared all the shit on the upper levels, and the two of us went to work on the boss. Then I was flattened like a pancake. At least I killed the darkbeast, but this was one of the most frustrating nights with bloodborne I've had.

Nope not a glitch, you can summon 2 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom