• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT| Now With Newcomers Guide Attached Below OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, but I'm the opposite where I'm obsessively trying to hoard them now for no discernible reason. I'm nearly topped off with both vials and bullets in storage, at around 80 or 90 lol. I buy vials semi-periodically, and the bullets I just don't use as often as I pick them up.

Yup same. When I encounter bosses the first time I usually don't use items the first few tries so I can learn some of their patterns before making a serious attempt at it

I'm doing it myself, I loved the Makoto sword from demonsouls and this is pretty much the same thing. Having guns hit a lot harder than other people expect will be fun too.

Will it even make a significant difference is my question. I'm focusing now on getting my stamina and vitality to 30 then I will figure out if I want to focus in bloodtinge or arcane.

Bloodtinge: Gun better (hopefully), and chikage.
Arcane: Holy sword, elemental damage, better weapons, flamethrower, better discovery

Arcane just seems better right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
quick question before I waste stuff? is the weapon upgrade mat system like the Souls games, where until +5 you can pretty much upgrade what you want because those mats you will get tons?

Ferrio

Banned
Will it even make a significant difference is my question. I'm focusing now on getting my stamina and vitality to 30 then I will figure out if I want to focus in bloodtinge or arcane.

Bloodtinge: Gun better (hopefully), and chikage.
Arcane: Holy sword, elemental damage, better weapons, flamethrower, better discovery

Arcane just seems better right now.

I'm crossing my fingers that bloodtinge helps for uhhh other stuff later on.

Cool!

Saw Spear is awesome btw. Has an Excellent Jumping Attack and R2. Also has some of the highest damage and fastest morph attack animations.

Kirkhammer has sweet spot mechanics. You need to make sure to learn how to land the hammer head dead on or youll just do greatly reduced splash damage.

Thats all I had to say lol

I shouldn't have said it sucks haha I just can't grasp how to make it effective. Not for me =3
The kirkhammer R1 L1 R1 whatever combo is amazing.

Did I screw up picking the Cane? I'm well on my way to the fourth boss but I feel so neutered in comparison to people using the compact-ax-blade-thing in any video I see. I'm fairly certain it's not my strength either, will I be able to buy/find one? Or am I better off spending 20,000 souls on the
Sword?

Dresden

Liking my Ludwig's converted to fire damage. Scales well with Arcane, though I hope to find a gem that converts it to actual arcane damage soon.

Also found like 3 'spells' so far. They're items you toggle - found a knockback or a fear of some sort, a weapon buff, and a weird tentacle thing that you fire. Each uses up bullets.

Okay, I'm in The Hunter's Dream for the first time and I have no idea how to get out. It wouldn't let me talk to the sleeping old man in the wheelchair so, desperately, I hit him and he disappeared. Am I fucked? Is it like Demon's Souls where he's aggro'd forever now? Should I restart?

Okay, I'm in The Hunter's Dream for the first time and I have no idea how to get out. It wouldn't let me talk to the sleeping old man in the wheelchair so, desperately, I hit him and he disappeared. Am I fucked? Is it like Demon's Souls where he's aggro'd forever now? Should I restart?
Interact with the gravestone near the steps.

addyb

Easy way to beat

Just nailed Gascoigne in about 90 seconds and didn't get hit once.

As soon as the fight starts immediately go right where there is a small tree surrounded by some gravestones. Lock on and transform weapon to its large form (I'm rocking the Axe) then just make sure he's always on the opposite side and do a charge attack to smash him. Rinse and repeat even when he's at his second stage. Although this time only do the charged attack after he's finished the animation for his.

When he transforms to the 3rd part keep behind the same spot, lock on and spam molotovs at him. He does break the gravestones but by the time he's done that you should only need one more hit. Took me 3 molotovs

Liking my Ludwig's converted to fire damage. Scales well with Arcane, though I hope to find a gem that converts it to actual arcane damage soon.

Also found like 3 'spells' so far. They're items you toggle - found a knockback or a fear of some sort, a weapon buff, and a weird tentacle thing that you fire. Each uses up bullets.

Do you use fire paper or do you have a gem to make it convert to fire? I also want to know if you have the gem in it does it look like it is on fire as well.

Might be going arcane

I'm crossing my fingers that bloodtinge helps for uhhh other stuff later on.

For some reason, I doubt it my friend :(. I think that From made Chikage Bloodtinge scale to make sure it wasn't OP

My friend has a problem regarding a certain npc. In
Old yorham. The gatlin gun guy

The npc died but it happened from a fall, and now the loot is stuck in mid air. Is he fucked?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Currently at the first boss. Found a super-satisfying shortcut from the start of the area to the boss. Along the way, I found a
sewer tunnel
with an ominous-looking
boar
at the end of it, but I backed off before I could provoke it, making a mental note to come back later. Also found a
music box
and used insight I found
in the sewers
and leveled up six times. You can level up before the first boss... Hopefully it'll help.

for the
pig
in the sewer, if you wait until you are heading towards father Gascogne (
you'll go across a bridge near an elevator), then just after the bridge there is a ladder down. That gets you into the far end of the tunnel. You can get the pig to run towards you and Attack it from the side tunnel in relative safety

joe2187

Banned
After killing
the witch
...im kind of at a loss to head next.

Should I go down
to where the invisible giant is? can I even kill him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom