• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Update (1.03) available

Wonder if it fixes that weird sound bug in Old Yarnham. Also that bug I kept experiencing in the Chalice Dungeons where my character would become immobilised. Still persists in NG+.

How is it useless now? if you want to be able to have two shots available you can either make some blood bullets or equip a rune that increases the QS bullets that you can carry.

It's 33% worse as you can now only fire it twice Max. Before you could get three.

However I wouldn't say its useless. Specced right,2 shots can make it a good boss finisher still.

Lemondish

Ugh, I wish they were able to fix the rest mode issue in a way that didn't essentially turn off suspend/resume. That's actually really disappointing.

It's the patch that fixes load times, but also adds load times lol

Donos

Ugh, I wish they were able to fix the rest mode issue in a way that didn't essentially turn off suspend/resume. That's actually really disappointing.

It's the patch that fixes load times, but also adds load times lol

Only thing they could have done is to make a "true" supsend/resume for offline play and keep the "jump to main menue" for online.

test_account

XP-39C²
When I thought I had seen everything, I see spoiler tagged load times.
If you're referring to my post, i wrote in my post that i did it to not spoil later in-game locations:

I put spoilers since it mention many location later in the game.

The loading times arent a secret of course hehe :p :) It was much easier to just use two spoiler tags on everything instead of using like 34 spoiler tags to just hide the locations.

I think the intent was to not spoil every location in the game lol
They're spoiler tagged not to spoil area names in the game
Indeed =)

zoobzone

It takes me less than 9 seconds to load Hunter's Dream, I'm very impressed.

Coming back from Dark Souls II on PS4, wow Bloodborne looks just gorgeous.

DOWN

Banned
The maintenance interrupted my second to last boss and I beat it minutes before the update

And I don't want to play it again

nib95

Banned
The Canon change is absolute bullshit. Now it's basically a useless 1 shot weapon where you're forced to use blood bullets, which isn't exactly always ideal. It now has the handicap of wasted time in using blood bullets, followed by having to waste and use a blood vial (taking up even more time), to only then firing the damn thing for a second time. What utter stupidity. For a weapon that doesn't even do much more damage than a maxed out gem'd up Ludwig. It's not as if there's a guarantee your shot will even land. Not to mention without a Rune, it now fires only two shots instead of 4. It's essentially half as effective.

Whoever green lit this change is an idiot.

Soriku

Anyone test Chalice Dungeons? In 1.02, warping to a CD took a long time, but respawning after death was really fast.

cslesce

bravo

90.gif

Did a quick test of SSD load times...

Hunter's Dream loading stayed roughly the same @ ~9s.

Central Yharnam loading went from 29 to 25s.

Death @ Central Yharnam loading went from 32s to 14s.

Cathedral Ward loading went from 32s to 28s.

Great Bridge loading went from 26s to 23s.

Death @ Great Bridge went from 29s to 14s.

Seems like they drastically improved death loading times and shaved a few seconds off loading times when you first load into an area.

Audioboxer

Did a quick test of SSD load times...

Hunter's Dream loading stayed roughly the same @ ~9s.

Central Yharnam loading went from 29 to 25s.

Death @ Central Yharnam loading went from 32s to 14s.

Cathedral Ward loading went from 32s to 28s.

Great Bridge loading went from 26s to 23s.

Death @ Great Bridge went from 29s to 14s.

Seems like they drastically improved death loading times and shaved a few seconds off loading times when you first load into an area.

Good. Death loading times were the worst... considering you can die a lot.

PigzFly

Guess they fix it :(

I was planning in making an alt do it for fun, but oh well.

There was a note up on the wall, so either that note was there pre-patch or they made it more difficult to make the jump. I only tested it for 10 minutes and couldn't get up there.

How so? I heard that the game would glitch out if you used that glitch first, then went back to fight some of the other bosses, or at least
Vicar Amelia.

I never had any problems.

test_account

XP-39C²
I never had any problems.
Some guy in the official thread said that the moon dissapeared when beating
Vicar Amelia
after using the glitch, and i think he said that he couldnt continue after that. Although i never followed up on that conversation though, so maybe he found a way to progress regardless.

Cleve

The load times are massively improved.

I hope with the success of BB sony will be providing some technical support for From games in the future. I love From's design choices, but from a technical standpoint they are really could use the help.

PigzFly

Some guy in the official thread said that the moon dissapeared when beating
Vicar Amelia
after using the glitch, and i think he said that he couldnt continue after that. Although i never followed up on that conversation though, so maybe he found a way to progress regardless.

Ahh weird. Just a few hours ago I took down
Amelia
and then
the Witches
and also
Martyr Logarius
and haven't noticed any problems at all. This was post-patch, but on a character that did the skip and echo glitch pre-patch.

Top Bottom