• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon is on sale ($9.99 Digital)

For gold members only. That's unfortunate, I own a physical copy, but would have picked it up digitally as well just for convenience at 10 bucks.

cbrun44

Bought! I remember buying a physical copy of this for around nine bucks clearance at a local Best Buy. Never played it and ultimately sold it. Looking forward to it as Lost Odyssey was my favorite game of that generation.

I want to get it because I've always wanted to play it, but having a gold subscription, I'm hesitant to buy it because I can see it be part of Games with Gold months from now.

Justinh

This is the beginning
Here's where it all gets started

Damn you, you monster.

I won't be able to sleep tonight now. I'll just be lying here on my couch staring at the ceiling, and humming all night.

Love the game. Bought it a couple weeks after it debuted on the digital store for 20 since I was waiting for a sale. I don't feel too bad about it.

Unison

I have Gold, but when I try to buy it from the Xbox One store, it looks like it wants to charge my card....

It says Microsoft Account Balances cannot be used in this purchase channel.

What does that mean?

I just entered a $25 gift card code on my Xbox console and I have a balance but I can't use it here?

What is up with that?

GHG

I have Gold, but when I try to buy it from the Xbox One store, it looks like it wants to charge my card....

It says Microsoft Account Balances cannot be used in this purchase channel.

What does that mean?

I just entered a $25 gift card code on my Xbox console and I have a balance but I can't use it here?

What is up with that?

I don't think you can use gift card balances for BC games.

If you can I'd like to know how because I'd get this if so.

Unison

I don't think you can use gift card balances for BC games.

If you can I'd like to know how because I'd get this if so.

I tried using the Xbox One Console, Xbox.com and Microsoft.com stores to buy it...

All wanted to use a credit card, but for some reason the store on my 360 let me pay with my account credit.

Either I'm very stupid or it's just horrible that that isn't integrated across platforms.

dickroach

no way I can bring myself to buy this, even though I want to. I'm still only like halfway through Lost Odyssey. -_-

graywolf323

I tried using the Xbox One Console, Xbox.com and Microsoft.com stores to buy it...

All wanted to use a credit card, but for some reason the store on my 360 let me pay with my account credit.

Either I'm very stupid or it's just horrible that that isn't integrated across platforms.

the ONLY way you can buy 360 games with store credit is by using an actual Xbox 360 console

it's stupid but that's how they (still) have it set up

LOUD915

Its an incredibly boring slog that doesn't have a compelling storyline or characters.

I wouldn't play through it again if you paid me.

Theorry

Its an incredibly boring slog that doesn't have a compelling storyline or characters.

I wouldn't play through it again if you paid me.

giphy.gif

There was no hard mode back when I finished it

Lucky you. I actually bought the game especially because of people in this forum gushing over how awesome it was in hard mode.

But I found it a bit too hard, at least until I found out how to grind efficiently at some point in disc 2.

Chinbo37

I've never played it but a friend of mine asked for rpg recommendation for 360 a couple years ago and I told him to get this.

He got the platinum and said it was a crazy amount of grinding.

Kill3r7

Lost Odyssey is the better of the two. Blue Dragon is a solid although at times boring JRPG. I think I used the rubberband trick to help with the grinding. It also made me realize that Achievements and Trophies are a complete waste of time.

Top Bottom