• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint is remastering a handheld game for a current-gen console (seemingly PS4?)

Agent X

Assuming this is GR, Sony is practically giving away any real reason to buy a Vita. First Tearaway and now this, whatever it may be, is telling consumers that there is no reason to buy a vita because all of its best exclusives are being put on better hardware. Also pretty much confirms that the Vita won't get a Tearaway sequel or a GR sequel assuming this is what it is.

Regarding Gravity Rush, see post # 419 above.

The Tearaway situation is a little different, since the PS4 game is somewhat altered and not an exact conversion, but much of the same logic applies. There are no "lost sales" for the Vita due to the announcement of that game coming out next year.

If gravity rush is released tomorrow on ps4 it would bomb. Lets not forget how well the last scej did on home consoles

No it wouldn't. I'm willing to bet this type of game could garner a larger western fan base than one in Japan. Putting it on PS4 instead of PSV is the right decision.

Freeman

Banned
If they all are cross-buy I don't think Vita owners will be unhappy. It would also work somewhat as an incentive to get a Vita as a PS4 companion.

I got a Vita to play game on the go with good controls, not necessarily exclusive games.

Valkyria

Banned
No it wouldn't. I'm willing to bet this type of game could garner a larger western fan base than one in Japan. Putting it on PS4 instead of PSV is the right decision.

As a 60$ game? It would bomb, the console demographic has shifted too much from the ps2 days.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Gravity Rush? wouldn't it lose its appeal? it's not like you can rotate your tv, it would be awkward to play just using the controller and the screen not moving with it.

Agent X

Gravity Rush? wouldn't it lose its appeal? it's not like you can rotate your tv, it would be awkward to play just using the controller and the screen not moving with it.

It would be perfectly playable with a Dual Shock 4, which has both a touch pad and motion sensors. Even a Dual Shock 3 would work, perhaps using L2/R2 or L3/R3 in place of the touch screen.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So I guess we should all be happy if Nintendo goes third party, right?

I wouldn't, I'm just going by your logic "a system bombed => there's no problem if everything is ported to more successful systems"
I would be happy if Nintendo went third party! Not having to buy a Wii U would make me happy.

Ramrock

Banned
'Classic' and 'Vita'? I mean seriously, this has to be an older IP. Which means it has to be WipEout 2048!
Old IP = classic

sn00zer

Honestly i cant wait for anything from Bluepoint....they are phenomenal at porting games...hell Id go on to say PSABR on Vita is better than the console version

Nasbin

I'm sad it (almost certainly) isn't Wipeout, but then again I'd be sad if it wasn't Gravity Rush either.

So it's gonna be Killzone.

Top Bottom