• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint is remastering a handheld game for a current-gen console (seemingly PS4?)

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Gravity Rush seems like it would be a waste of Bluepoints talent and I have a hard time believing would recover the porting cost.

Games like UC:GA and KZ:M could easily make back the budget cost which is why I am guessing that is what is being done.

Shin-Ra

14901653608_3b291dc530_o.png
15065233746_2b9f9d628d_o.png

14901653838_8f651b2c1a_o.png
14901545999_b51d6d4341_o.png

15065233666_674e293a31_o.png
14901594830_6d572b6417_o.png

@1080p60 (at least)4xMSAA, 16xAF, improved draw distance and some modelling, texture improvements.

-- Model features which were once represented in texture as geometry
Reading this I immediately thought of some of the flat, gold detailing on Kat's costume which wouldn't be that difficult to replicate in 3D.

Garraboa

They can take Uncharted, Killzone, Gravity Rush. Hell, even Freedon Wars and Oreshika. But they WONT TAKE CRASH AND SPYRO FROM MY VITA!

Shin-Ra

-- Increasing texture resolutions through proper algorithmic techniques or by repainting textures
I'm not sure if any of Bluepoint's remasters to date have done this.

HexaDrive have for Okami HD and Wind Waker HD.

wilflare

If Sony are wasting Bluepoint's time with B-tier Uncharted or D-tier Killzone I think I'll actually be upset.

Mercenary D-Zone? man, which aspect of the game caused you to feel that way?
---

sigh I don't get it
people go "Vita has no games"
but no it actually has Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary, Gravity Rush and more

people clamor "HA! Give me all these exclusives then!"
what? why not just buy a Vita (and a $399 accessory for the Vita)

Anung

Un Rama
Heard some great things about Killzone: Mercenary so wouldn't mind that. Gravity Rush would also be awesome :D

They do new/upgraded assets in-house, but the nitty gritty is handled elsewhere. FFX was Virtuos in China I believe.

I definitely didn't know that. But i'd still be surprised if BP were working on Type-0. With it being announced and shown it seems like that would be something that they could confirm that they're working on.

I don't think anything Team Siren's made so far can be classified as AAA.

Well, GD started out as a PS3 game and was moved to the Vita. So the budget would probably be in the AAA territory for a handheld after all of that.

SerTapTap

I kind of don't see Gravity rush being the remaster. Feel like there's going to something similarly done like Tearaway with it.

Aside from the incredibly awful "touch the screen to slide" (which could have easily been a button press on a console with more buttons) I don't see why Gravity Rush would need retooling on the level of Tearaway. Gravity Rush used Vita controls because it ran out of traditional ones, Tearaway made Vita controls into something magical, huge difference.

ohlawd

k my predictions

Vita: Soul Sacrifice Delta
3DS: Kingdom Hearts: 3D

I mean, it doesn't specifify which platform so it could be one of these two handhelds. I'm ignoring the "acclaimed" part.

Unless its a budget title I can't see it being KH3D. They've been offering too much value with the 1.5 and 2.5 Remixes that this on its own would be kind of weird. I feel like they'd just wrap KH3D's story up the same way they did Days and ReCoded and bundle it in with KH3.

So... Bravely Default? Is the sequel currently slated for 3DS only or have they not specified a platform? It would be weird if Bravely Default came to PS4 when the sequel launches on 3DS.

Ravage

I hope it's either Soul Sacrifice Delta or Freedom Wars with CrossPlay. These games would really benefit from a larger multiplayer community.

prwxv3

Unless its a budget title I can't see it being KH3D. They've been offering too much value with the 1.5 and 2.5 Remixes that this on its own would be kind of weird. I feel like they'd just wrap KH3D's story up the same way they did Days and ReCoded and bundle it in with KH3.

So... Bravely Default? Is the sequel currently slated for 3DS only or have they not specified a platform? It would be weird if Bravely Default came to PS4 when the sequel launches on 3DS.

Dont underestimate SE. They are porting a PSP game to the Xbone/PS4

Top Bottom