• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint is remastering a handheld game for a current-gen console (seemingly PS4?)

tanooki27

I actually think Gravity Rush even though Gravity Rush may not sell as much it would be way more important because it sets up that audience for the sequel. If priced right a Gravity Rush port on PS4 could be big success in more ways than one.

Now I am imaging the OST remixed for 5.1 on my nice home theater system....drools.

it was a hell of a fun game, I hope you're right.

how bout this - they release a port of GR PS4 on PS+ and make an announcement for GR2 on the same day. that'd be the shit.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Watch it be Bluepoint doing FF Type-0 HD. With which I would have no problem. Perhaps with some higher poly models/higher resolution textures from R&D1.

Valkyria

Banned
I know right? Your Gravity Rush download or cartridge will cease to work because there is another option for people to play this game.

No rationale person supports companies, especially companies that just provide entertainment. They're a vehicle that provides games, that's it. Get rid of the emotional attachment and realize porting this does nothing but give other people an option to play a game they had no desire to play on another platform.

Two things:

1) I'm not only taking about the first game, I'm including GR2.
2) Expending my hard earned money on a platform is supporting a company, don't know your definition of supporting a company.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
If it was Uncharted golden abyss, would it not specify it as part of a collection? If it was one game like Gravity Rush, it would be the greatest thing of all time.

Hopefully its that to lay the groundwork for GR2 PS4. It all fits with the conference coming and if they announce Gravity Days 2 for PS4

It'll probably be Gravity Rush. Mixed feelings towards that to be honest. The Vita will be deprived of yet another one of its excellent exclusives, rendering the system even more insignificant in the process. On the other hand, it's a whole lot more exposure for a game that I love to bits, now playable at 1080p with super crisp visuals all over my big ass television screen and that soundtrack blaring out of the speakers... hnnnng. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't buy and play it again in an instant on the PS4.

GR as a franchise would have its prospects improved drastically by appearing on the PS4, and that's really what I should care about above all else, but holy shit are Sony throwing the Vita under a bus. I bet they won't even try for that Minecraft bundle, even though it makes so much sense.

Card Boy

Banned
Gimme either Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Killzone Mercenary or Soul Sacrifice Delta on PS4.

The less reasons to own a Indiestation the better. Glad Tearaway is coming aswell.

Prelude.

Gimme either Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Killzone Mercenary or Soul Sacrifice Delta only PS4.

The less reasons to own a Indiestation the better. Glad Tearaway is coming aswell .
Wasn't that the PS4? My YouTube comments shitposting isn't up-to-date.

Its so nice to see so many people interested in Gravity Rush now that its not on the Vita anymore. I've heard it is a fantastic game and can't wait to get into the series.

Shinta

Banned
I really didn't expect this many people to be anticipating Gravity Rush on here.

I thought it wasn't that popular. It's like one of my favorite games ever made. I'd adore a PS4 version of 1 and 2.

Apath

Gravity Rush believe

I hope it's not Uncharted since the Vita one was the worst of the series
I liked it more than Uncharted 1 actually. What really brought it down was the quick-time event boss battles that were extremely frustrating to do on a touch screen as well as the gimmick puzzles that served as nothing more than a tech demo for the Vita's features.

Seriously hope it turns out to be Wipeout 2048 though. That game deserves more sales, and more than that, deserves to be seen in 1080P 60FPS.

It'll probably be Gravity Rush. Mixed feelings towards that to be honest. The Vita will be deprived of yet another one of its excellent exclusives, rendering the system even more insignificant in the process. On the other hand, it's a whole lot more exposure for a game that I love to bits, now playable at 1080p with super crisp visuals all over my big ass television screen and that soundtrack blaring out of the speakers... hnnnng. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't buy and play it again in an instant on the PS4.

GR as a franchise would have its prospects improved drastically by appearing on the PS4, and that's really what I should care about above all else, but holy shit are Sony throwing the Vita under a bus. I bet they won't even try for that Minecraft bundle, even though it makes so much sense.

No one is buying a vita to play Gravity Rush at this point. In fact no one can even buy a Vita at US retailers now. The franchise deserves better, and I love love love my Vita.

MrHoot

Gimme either Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Killzone Mercenary or Soul Sacrifice Delta on PS4.

The less reasons to own a Indiestation the better. Glad Tearaway is coming aswell.

Ironically, the PS4 is way more of an indie/port station that the vita for now.

RK128

But they will land on the Portstation though, so more ports for you :D!

....Joking aside, it bites the Vita is losing games that, well, USE its features but they will find stronger homes on PS4. And lets face it, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, and Soul Sacrifice are the big three new IP's that deserve a larger audience and exposure (though the later one is Sony's own falut for not advertising the Vita X(), so if landing on the PS4 will do that for those series, then so be it :).

Besides, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be excited to see Tearaway, Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice running at 1080p with 60FPS :D.

MrHoot

More seriously, whatever gets ported for the ps4 is technically good for the franchise, but speaks ill of Sony's support for a part of it's audience. They keep saying they want to support the vita, and have people saying how awesome it is and oh my why is nobody buying one. But they say that while metaphorically holding a pillow over the vita's and it's fanbase's mouth

Why are so many people saying Golden Abyss? Even if there is an Uncharted collection coming, the story in that game isn't canon. And it wasn't highly acclaimed. I think the better choice would be Gravity Rush. Hopefully we'll find out what's going on with that series during TGS.

Where did you hear this? Got a link please? Not that I particularly care about the story in an of itself or relative to the other games, but I see nothing amiss with it to the extent that it needs to be declared as outside of Drake's canon.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
More seriously, whatever gets ported for the ps4 is technically good for the franchise, but speaks ill of Sony's support for a part of it's audience. They keep saying they want to support the vita, and have people saying how awesome it is and oh my why is nobody buying one. But they say that while metaphorically holding a pillow over the vita's and it's fanbase's mouth

I've been as vocal a Vita lover as anyone (sans Smokey Dave...) and even I've accepted what's going on. Tearaway and Gravity Rush are two great games and they deserve to live on, even if the Vita is all but dead.

I will say this, GR will look amazing in a higher resolution.

MrHoot

I've been as vocal a Vita lover as anyone (sans Smokey Dave...) and even I've accepted what's going on. Tearaway and Gravity Rush are two great games and they deserve to live on, even if the Vita is all but dead.

Id' be okay for a ps4+vita release of gravity rush 2 though.

Although I don' see how everyone came to the conclusion that it's gravity rush ? It's not exactly "highly acclaimed AAA". It's enjoyed by a lot of vita owners but outside than that I don't think it got a lot of particular praise. And I don't really see it as AAA. It was a small game.

My bet would be something like Killzone M, Uncharted, maybe wipeout (that would be cool as hell). I can't really picture a western company picking up a game from Japan studio
EDIT: Stand corrected tho, they did do it for SotC + Ico. So who knows

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I think Killzone Mercenary would be a good choice. I enjoyed it more than Shadowfall, and I really liked Shadowfall. Mercenary on PS4 would be excellent.

Personally, I prefer Gravity Rush as a Vita exclusive, bit it would be amazing on PS4 as well, and I'd certainly double dip.

Square Enix outsourced Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster. There's nothing saying this isn't Type-0.

There's nothing saying it's not a Sony game either, but they don't exactly have a tonne of highly acclaimed handheld games.

Ehhh maybe but the new interviews with Tabata says they're doing Type-0 with the same engine as XV so I'd imagine it's being done in-house. Plus if they were going to outsource it, i'd bet they just go back to Virtuos (who did the FFX remaster)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Id' be okay for a ps4+vita release of gravity rush 2 though.

Although I don' see how everyone came to the conclusion that it's gravity rush ? It's not exactly "highly acclaimed AAA". It's enjoyed by a lot of vita owners but outside than that I don't think it got a lot of particular praise. And I don't really see it as AAA. It was a small game.

My bet would be something like Killzone M, Uncharted, maybe wipeout (that would be cool as hell). I can't really picture a western company picking up a game from Japan studio
EDIT: Stand corrected tho, they did do it for SotC + Ico. So who knows

Yeah I guess we all just unilaterally decided it'll be GR. It very well could be any of the games you mentioned, though (and 4 player local Wipeout 2048 would be soooo nice on PS4.)

Bloodrage

Banned
I really hope it's not Uncharted: Golden Abyss or Killzone Mercenaries. I'd be happy with Gravity Rush or Persona 4 Golden.

katkombat

Banned
I know right? Your Gravity Rush download or cartridge will cease to work because there is another option for people to play this game.

No rationale person supports companies, especially companies that just provide entertainment. They're a vehicle that provides games, that's it. Get rid of the emotional attachment and realize porting this does nothing but give other people an option to play a game they had no desire to play on another platform.

Well said

Top Bottom