• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boardwalk Empire - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Short interview: Five Minutes with Boardwalk Empire's Michael Stuhlbarg
Michael Stuhlbarg is what actors call an actor's actor. The Julliard trained Cali native cut his teeth in the US theatre world before The Coen Brothers handed him his breakout film role in their existential black comedy A Serious Man, for which Stuhlbarg was nominated for a Golden Globe award. But academy voters weren't the only ones who noticed. Stuhlbarg's performance caught the eye of former Sopranos scribe Terrence Winter who cast the actor as the real life New York crime boss Arnold Rothstein in his award winning HBO crime drama Boardwalk Empire. Pedestrian caught up with Stuhlbarg to discuss the enduring fascination with gangsters, the challenges of playing a historical figure and the perks of portraying a pool shark.

A few pictures from the S3 premiere party earlier this week.
Eh8yo.jpg

XBF0s.jpg

F2mme.jpg

XW3lW.jpg

VizZ5.jpg

o3xtg.jpg

yaTd6.jpg

nNGjk.jpg

8xLGY.jpg

izjqS.jpg
The S3 OT is more or less done. I'll put it up on Monday. We're just a little more than a week away from the premiere!

Dany

Banned
A few pictures from the S3 premiere party earlier this week.The S3 OT is more or less done. I'll put it up on Monday. We're just a little more than a week away from the premiere!
That backdrop doesn't fit the show, :p

So pumped for season 3. No jimmy is gonna hurt but there are still a bunch of side characters I like.

Fjordson

Lucky Luciano looks straight goofy in that shot compared to the boss he is in the show.
Lmfao. Rothstein a little also.

I think they're incredible in the show, though. I could watch an entire series centered around them and Meyer Lansky in New York.

Socreges

Banned
Here's hoping Chianese's character gets fleshed out more. I feel like they're planning a lot more for him, but just left him in the background to begin with.

And one of the guys above looks like he's got to be Chris Moltasanti's brother...

I'm rewatching "Under God's Power She Flourishes" - Jimmy hits for the full Oedipal cycle. :O Chilling final speech from Gillian "One day soon, he won't be a little boy anymore. It happens, just like that." Yikes.

Powerhouse scene between Nucky and Margaret towards the end, and Van Alden's bail out is fantastic.

Mickey Doyle is an underrated character and the actor does a great job. He's a cockroach that takes so much abuse from everyone, but he's still around.

Dany

Banned
Glad to see Shannon is becoming a star, or is rising at least. He deserves it, his presence steals every scene he's in.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Glad to see Shannon is becoming a star, or is rising at least. He deserves it, his presence steals every scene he's in.
Just watched Take Shelter last night. Very good to see him in another role, but it was hard to shake the feeling that he was van Alden for most of the movie.

FWIW, enjoyed Take Shelter, but requires an open mind on the ending. Just fair warning.

Puddles

Banned
I just started this show, and I'm really loving it so far.

That's the last post I'll make in this thread until I'm caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom