• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BoJack Horseman - Season 3 Date Announcement (July 22nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess Who

Banned
I never followed Mad Men, sooooo... Sorry? I guess?

Haha, not trying to rag on you, it's just that Mad Men's opening features the main character jumping out of a skyscraper window, so the running joke was the whole show is leading up to that actually happening.

One has to wonder how much further Bojack can sink after the events ending Season 2. Such utter ruin he has left behind him since about S2E8 onwards.
I'm so excited to watch it happen.

daveo42

Banned
I'm gonna need to rewatch seasons 1 and 2 in prep for this. One of the absolute biggest surprises to come from Netflix.

I can't wait for July 22 to come so I can feel really badly about myself!

It's a Friday, so a good day to take off of work, feel horrible all day, drink way too much and then spend the weekend recovering from a terrible hangover and general sadness.

PSqueak

Banned
The whole show is a flashback that takes place before the party in the opening credits where he backs off the balcony and falls to his death.

He falls from the same level the pool is on, and we never actually see him hit the water, it just flashes to white and he's in the pool.

I'm not being serious.

Of course you aren't
Since the Opening is dynamic and changes as the plot develops, this can't be the case anyways.

Struct09

How does Netflix usually releases BoJack? One per week or the whole season?

Outside of something like Chelsea does Netflix ever do weekly releases of their original content? Pretty sure it will be the whole season all at once.

One has to wonder how much further Bojack can sink after the events ending Season 2. Such utter ruin he has left behind him since about S2E8 onwards.
I'm so excited to watch it happen.

It ended on a high note though IIRC so we don't know which direction the season is going to go, I'm personally hoping for some redemption but I doubt it.

It ended on a high note though IIRC so we don't know which direction the season is going to go, I'm personally hoping for some redemption but I doubt it.

112949-Ramsay-Snow-gif-if-you-think-t-FDZX.gif

Guess Who

Banned

Just judging by interviews with the creator and his thoughts on people I absolutely think the end-goal of the show is for Bojack to become a better person. The show has always had a very human, optimistic philosophy on life even when it's dwelling in the most depressing subject matter. I think that "you gotta do it every day" bit from the end of season two is the most obvious representation of that. It's hard work, and you will fall on your face a few times, and you have to be truly committed to it, but you can change and improve.

I think a cynical dark ending to the series would be very antithetical to everything else it's built up.

Just judging by interviews with the creator and his thoughts on people I absolutely think the end-goal of the show is for Bojack to become a better person. The show has always had a very human, optimistic philosophy on life even when it's dwelling in the most depressing subject matter. I think that "you gotta do it every day" bit from the end of season two is the most obvious representation of that. It's hard work, and you will fall on your face a few times, and you have to be truly committed to it, but you can change and improve.

I think a cynical dark ending to the series would be very antithetical to everything else it's built up.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the show end on a somewhat optimistic note with some sort of redemption and hope, but I sure as hell don't expect the ride to be very smooth.

I just posted the gif because it was so fitting for his post. The same conversation has happened many times for Game of Thrones.

Bojack tried the whole positive outlook/workout every day thing at the start of S2. He immediately realizes he can't function that way and it begins the slow trainwreck that was his movie career.

I guess the finale dovetails with that but there's been little sign that BoJack is going to start treating people better. Everyone close to him has already said they've given up on expecting him to be a good person. Todd said it explicitly in season 1. Mr Peanutbutter explicitly calls him out on it on live TV.

If BoJack actually gets better, it will be temporary. The show generally saves its best moments for when BoJack makes another terrible choice and you get a momentary glimpse of that terrible sum crushing him, and the unflinching look at the collateral damage from his awful behavior.

Pretty sure the next thing BoJack's going to ruin is Princess Caroline's new agency.

BoJack is gonna go through a lot more shit. Because his whole life has been avoiding the mountains of demons and bodies he's walked over to get where he was at for the start of S1. You can't become a better person without dealing with this festering wound you've ignored for your entire life.

It's why the fact that he has people in his life who genuinely care about him right now is so anathema to him.

But yeah, he's gonna end the series as a better person than he began it. That's the important thing.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
They better not change the opening or especially the end credits music

Back in the '90s, I was in a very famous TV shooooooow
I'm Bojack the horse (Bojack!), Bojack the horse, don't act like you don't knooooow
And I'm tryin' to hold on to my past
It's been so long, I - don't think I'm gonna last.
I guess I'll just try an' make you understand:
that I'm more horse than a man.
Or I'm more man than a horse?
Bojack!

OH SNAP!

Totally forgot to finish Season 2, and now it will be just in time to watch 3. Man I love this show, the comedy + overall darkness of the show is amazing

Lace

I'm fucking pumped. This show has only improved with each episode. If they can keep up the quality of season 2 I'll be very happy.

I feel like this series is going to end with Bojack killing himself or something along those lines. Its got steadily darker as the show has gone on.

I don't think so. While dark, the show is ultimately positive. The hill metaphor is going to be what the show is ultimately about. Bojack can get out of his negative spiral, little by little, each day. But he has to work on it every day.

Geist-

Wooo, can't wait for this. Bojack is one of the best things Netflix has ever done. I had the opening as my ringtone since the first season.

I'm Bojack the horse (Bojack!), Bojack the horse, don't act like you don't knooooow
Bojack!

Greatest ending theme ever?

Nightbird

Bojack!

I still want a 2 or 3 Minute version of this. It's just so damn good

Geist-

Bojack!

This is one of the best ending themes out there, but people really don't give enough credit to Patrick Carney for the opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikpc1BN4nN8

This show is the best. I never expected the show to be that good when I first started watching. Will Arnett as Bojack was the best casting decision ever.

Catvoca

Banned
Can't wait to feel like shit and dead inside while watching another season of this masterpiece! Seriously, season 2 had some of the most devastating stuff on TV, be it Bojack breaking down on Mr Peanubutter's show, him breaking up with his girlfriend ("You didn't know me. Then you fell in love with me. And you know me"), Diane realizing she can't win as a woman speaking against sexism, or of course the whole stuff with the teenage daughter. I'm excited to see what new lows Bojack and co. can hit this season.

So looking forward to this. One of my favorite shows around. I feel like I can relate ... to the depression, anyway -- not the huge amounts of disposable income.

Yeah. I'm not trying to blow my own horn here or anything (really, I'm not), but for as long as I've known him, Raphael has written realistic stuff but with very positive outcomes. I think I can safely say that, even though BoJack might get deeper and darker, Raphael isn't interested in shitty endings. He's more interested in human stories. So I guess more than anything, I'm trying to reassure you that, at least from everything I know, BoJack isn't going to become a shitshow at the end simply because it's about a bad person and/or depression.

exfatal

Oh nice binged watched this show really liked it especially the last scene with him trying to work out, and that goat
i think
tells him that line about how to keep at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom