• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bomberman 64 (Wii U Virtual Console) out in NA tomorrow

RedToad64

Via Nintendo's website.

Prepare to have a blast!

The evil Altair is using the Omni Cube to drain the energy from Planet Bomber. With the aid of a mysterious helper, you must defeat Altair, and restore peace to Planet Bomber. In the Adventure mode, guide Bomberman through twenty-four areas of perilous conflict. Battle Altair's sinister allies, destroy their bases, and put an end to the insane attack. The multi-player Battle mode offers endless explosive action!

I'm not sure who decided to put out all of the N64 Wii U Virtual Console games in 2017.

Madao

at least this one wasn't on VC previously.

was it out in JP and EU already or is it an actual release on time?

kadotsu

Banned
If you beat the story mode, Bomberman 64 is a nice little adventure game. If you beat the Rainbow Castle you have played one of the best Puzzle games of all time.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Stopped buying wii u vc games after I was disappointed with how they handled mario 64, hopefully they'll improve emulation on switch.

Occam

Will you be able to play those VC games on Switch or do you have to repurchase them again (and again and again)?

man, dropping all these bombs in the vicinity of the Switch launch

I'll show myself out now

Have fond memories of renting this game when I was a kid. I'd mostly given up on Wii U VC, but I might go for this nonetheless.

edit: holy shit, you too, BorkBork?

RedToad64

I honestly wasn't much of a fan for this game, but I'm happy that more people will be able to experience it.

Will you be able to play those VC games on Switch or do you have to repurchase them again (and again and again)?
Nintendo has not detailed this yet.

leroidys

This is great news. Looked at buying a 64 the other day just to play this game, but they're like $100 now.

Wii U continues to secretly have a superb, if not expansive VC library.

poodaddy

Buying it for sure. That's a nostalgic game for the wife and I, gonna be a blast. Nice to see that Nintendo's still supporting the Wii U.

Makonero

I really really love Bomberman 64's multiplayer mode. But I don't think I can justify buying a Wii U virtual console game right now. Bring it to Switch!

Jawmuncher

I swear if bomberman gets into smash and not snake, I'll riot. If konami is coming back they better get a twofer deal like capcom.

Praying this catalogue is brought over to the Switch vaguely soon. N64 games are much more enticing to me on a handheld

RedToad64

I can never recall which one is which between this and bomberman hero, but I think hero is the one I wanted.
Bomberman Hero is more like a 3D platformer that you throw bombs. Bomberman 64 is kind of in the classic style, but the camera can be rotated all the way around.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
what a weird game when it came out
didn't really quash the 3d platformer itch Mario 64 had given me, and the multiplayer had the dna but not the spirit of what made bomberman good.

I vaguely remember the hidden stuff being pretty devious.

Anyone have the hudson controller than unlocked shit in the game?

Yukinari

They finally do it and its during the last year of a dead console.

Pretty sure i still want to buy it. Bring on Second Attack.

Calm Mind

what a weird game when it came out
didn't really quash the 3d platformer itch Mario 64 had given me, and the multiplayer had the dna but not the spirit of what made bomberman good.

I vaguely remember the hidden stuff being pretty devious.

Anyone have the hudson controller than unlocked shit in the game?

All those gold cards were a bitch to complete but it was so rewarding once you did them all. The parade theme still goes to this day.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Wishful thinking when reading this thread title and somehow thought this was coming to Switch. Ah well. Makes me wish I still had my Wii U.

Producer

nice. I hear n64 wii u vc isnt that hot though. How much input lag does it have? Or what else is wrong with it.

RedToad64

nice. I hear n64 wii u vc isnt that hot though. How much input lag does it have? Or what else is wrong with it.
There is a minimal amount of input latency. I believe newer N64 VC releases have almost fixed this, so it isn't too bad. The games also have a dark filter placed over them to reduce epilepsy issues.

Other than that, they are the exact same games but with the frame rate sometimes improved.

It has a filter on it that makes games blurrier and darker for whatever reason, so you have to mess around with your TV settings every time you play if you want an acceptable image. If you like playing on the Gamepad there's no getting around it.

Glass Joe

What is a loaded question, Alex?

As of now, there is NO VC on Switch. I'm fairly certain you already know that. When it does roll around, Nintendo's Reggie has simply stated that people's questions are being heard.

You could transfer VC games from Wii to Wii U for free, by the way. and then pay a fraction of the price to "upgrade" to the Wii U version with gamepad play and miiverse. The current suspicion is that if you own a VC game on 3DS or Wii U, you pay an upgrade fee for added features on Switch, such as online play.

"Repurchasing again (and again and again) implies paying full price over and over, therefore I question the intent of your post. Because that was never the case anyway.

Top Bottom