• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bomberman 64 (Wii U Virtual Console) out in NA tomorrow

The best bomberman game has returned 😎😎😎😎
Loved the single player and loved the multiplayer
Man if they enhanced this on switch with online multiplayer I'd go nuts
I'm holding off on the Switch until later this year, but I'd buy it the moment this is announced.

Mrbob

Will we get any sort of deal/discount from (Switch) VC games that we already own on the Wii U, or are we starting from scratch (AGAIN!) on the Switch?
No one knows but Nintendo hasnt done anything to give them the benefit of the doubt. Better to wait for Switch than get burned.

Been waiting for this for years and it not only happens on a dead console but with that nasty-ass filter.

Lost my cartridge forever ago so I'm really bummed. :(

poodaddy

No one knows but Nintendo hasnt done anything to give them the benefit of the doubt. Better to wait for Switch than get burned.

I just wanted to point out that how wrong that was. Games you bought on the Wii e shop were heavily discounted on the Wii U e shop, so I'd imagine that similar policies will follow suit. I suppose we'll see though.

I just wanted to point out that how wrong that was. Games you bought on the Wii e shop were heavily discounted on the Wii U e shop, so I'd imagine that similar policies will follow suit. I suppose we'll see though.

Yup.

NES: 80% off
SNES: ~80.75% off
N64: 80% off
TG-16: 50% off

Huh, according to this video the filter doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as shown in the screenshots/trailer...

Are they any good videos displaying the input lag for Wii U VC? I didn't notice it for both EarthBound games and F-Zero but I heard it's especially bad for N64 games.

This game has a great soundtrack with very catchy compositions.

Preach. Green Garden theme is super nostalgic for me.

Kevin

This is my favorite Bomberman game. Hope it comes to Switch eventually. I have a Wii U but it's not even hooked up currently now that I have a Switch.

Dreavus

I really love this game. One of the classics for me.

Never got every golden card, but I played for hours searching for them.

I particularly like the first world. Plays like a simple set of intro levels, but when you crack the surface and get inside the ruins it's on a whole other level. Some of those bouncing puzzles were crazy.

RobRSG

I wanted gamepad integration to play it without using my TV, that was my dream ever since I got my Wii U.

You can inject it in VC via Loadiine or through Retroarch SNES9x.

Seems your dream is not that hard to be achieved, you just can't buy it.

Make sure you have a SNES cartridge before messing with injection or emulation.

Peltz

All those gold cards were a bitch to complete but it was so rewarding once you did them all. The parade theme still goes to this day.

I got all the gold cards but never got the gold cards in the Rainbow Palace that opens up after collecting the gold cards in the main levels. Those were EXTRA hard.

Dreavus

Don't sleep on The 2nd Attack

I wouldn't mind that game coming out too. I was only able to rent it a couple times but otherwise it was super hard to find.

A friend and I were really into the sidekick evolution stuff but never had much of a chance to dig into it. Co-op was sweet.

So, I caved last night. Noticed the filter immediately, but it's not as terrible as other N64 games (*cough* Paper Mario *cough*). I didn't really notice any input lag, but again, I don't have the original cartridge to compare.

Other than that...you could say it's a real nostalgia bomb. The multiplayer physics of "juggling" bombs/Bombermans are hilariously fun, and I'd forgotten all about the power-ups/stage hazards! (Sinking pyramid, agh!)

SO glad this has held up!

So I heard this used the controller pak for saving, so can you just use save states with this on Wii U, or have they emulated the controller pak saves somehow?

Edit: apparently people on miiverse are saying no controller pak support. Kinda dumb, but better to have the game than not at all I guess :(

Top Bottom