• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darias

I have a fair amount of family around there... Just called, they didn't even know about it when it broke on Neogaf.

Thanks OP et al. for first hand reporting.

Wag

OK folks, watching it on local news, WBZ here in Boston burbs.

Supposedly this happened outside of Marathon Sports by the finish line near viewing stands, they just rolled raw footage for a minute and cut the video because it was too bloody, missing limbs and whatnot.

Some people are thinking it might be related to the shit infrastructure in the city. Something similar happened in the North End while I lived there, an explosion rocked the underground electrical system and launched a few manhole covers into people.

Damn. Awful news :( What kind of arsehole would do this.

Some people are thinking it might be related to the shit infrastructure in the city. Something similar happened in the North End while I lived there, an explosion rocked the underground electrical system and launched a few manhole covers into people.

Could be but the timing and location makes it unlikely imo.

Hoping that this was just a gas explosion or some type of accident.

Have to say though, it's not looking likely at the moment.

Horrible for those people either way :(

oktarb

In one of the first pics posted here you can see a kids stroller on it side. Broke my heart to even think that this is happening to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom