• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonus Round: E3 2012 Preview [Up: Part 5: Thrid Parties Again]

Satterfield is not as bad as everyone says he is. He does have screw-ups here and there and there are things he has said that I don't agree with but he his not a biased fanboy in anyway.

I'm not saying he is a fanboy. I just can't stand how unknowledgable and ignorant he can be. His voice also doesn't help either...lol.

Him and Patcher together makes me wanna put a pistol to my temple.

TheOddOne

Satterfield is not as bad as everyone says he is. He does have screw-ups here and there and there are things he has said that I don't agree with but he his not a biased fanboy in anyway.
Every prediction he has done for MS has either not panned out or he has been proven wrong.

DeVeAn

Yea, I feel like Xbox 360 was the "that's what I have so get that one" console this generation. Most of the exclusives were far and few between. The only thing they did for me that was awesome was LIVE. Now it's more money and full of ads.

TripOpt55

Pretty boring episode. Just not a lot of games to talk about with MS right now I think. Looking forward to the other two though.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Its an interesting thing to consider that with CoD and Halo going pretty much head-to-head this year, what would happen to the relationship between Activision and MS should one or the other underperform to any significant degree.

Best bit for me was the LOL-worthy Kinect discussion in the second part. Mainly because I feel my skepticism about its (lack of) suitability as gaming peripheral has been completely vindicated two years post launch.

Big takeaway: Sess is the man.

saladine1

So, according to Pachter MS E3 will be mostly about non gaming stuff?

Fucking let down if true. I can't stand all this media and dashboard shit.

Its gonna be a dull E3 though.

The blow-out for Wii U should make this E3 one of the more entertaining shows in years. New hardware makes the big three's execs viscous. Reggie will be hyping the Wii U, Jack Tretton and Aaron Greenburg will insinuate that it's a toy while they pimp Move and Kinect. We'll have hilarious new quotables and gifs from all big three. We got a taste of this with the 3DS and Vita at previous E3s, but this is going to be the real deal.

Oh, and new games too. Microsoft must have some new surprise games. Twisted Pixel will announce something. I just hope it's not all Kinect...

Raide

So, according to Pachter MS E3 will be mostly about non gaming stuff?

Fucking let down if true. I can't stand all this media and dashboard shit.

They will have games. Halo, CoD, GTA and there are bound to be a few more announced but I am sure this is their last E3 for talking about the 360. Get that Pricedrop and/or Kinect bundle out to people, have a massive Christmas, start prepping for 720 next year while the 360 still sells.

The blow-out for Wii U should make this E3 one of the more entertaining shows in years. New hardware makes the big three's execs viscous. Reggie will be hyping the Wii U, Jack Tretton and Aaron Greenburg will insinuate that it's a toy while they pimp Move and Kinect. We'll have hilarious new quotables and gifs from all big three. We got a taste of this with the 3DS and Vita at previous E3s, but this is going to be the real deal.

Oh, and new games too. Microsoft must have some new surprise games. Twisted Pixel will announce something. I just hope it's not all Kinect...

I guess I'm just being cynical. Microsoft will be Entertainment/Media. Sony will all be about the Vita and Nintendo the Wii U.

I have subscription TV and the Internet so all the media I need/want, not really bothered about handled gaming and as for the Wii U, I'll get one down the line just to play 1st party titles like I always end up doing with Nintendo systems.

But that's just me.

UrbanRats

They will have games. Halo, CoD, GTA and there are bound to be a few more announced but I am sure this is their last E3 for talking about the 360. Get that Pricedrop and/or Kinect bundle out to people, have a massive Christmas, start prepping for 720 next year while the 360 still sells.

I don't want Kinect, so i hope they'll go for a price drop. :\

I guess I'm just being cynical. Microsoft will be Entertainment/Media. Sony will all be about the Vita and Nintendo the Wii U.

I have subscription TV and the Internet so all the media I need/want, not really bothered about handled gaming and as for the Wii U, I'll get one down the line just to play 1st party titles like I always end up doing with Nintendo systems.

But that's just me.

I doubt Sony will focus that much on the Vita, the PS3 has a much more interesting upcoming lineup to talk about and most of the Vita's potential support (not likely in my opinion, but possible) would be from Japan which has been less and less involved with e3 recently.

plc268

I must be jaded, because I'm not excited at all about E3 anymore. Microsoft only wants to push multimedia + kinect.

Nintendo is doing their own thing, and except for a few of their first party titles, very little is interesting.

And sony? On paper, they should be blowing everyone out every year because they consistently show exclusives that would be interesting to the average gamer here at neogaf, but for some reason it's not enough. And vita.. eh.

Of course, more halo, cod, gta, etc. All games I'll probably want to buy, but I hope that there'll be some legitimate new surprises, like new promising IPs or resurrecting more classic titles that haven't seen the light of day for years.

B.O.O.M

I doubt Sony will focus that much on the Vita, the PS3 has a much more interesting upcoming lineup to talk about and most of the Vita's potential support (not likely in my opinion, but possible) would be from Japan which has been less and less involved with e3 recently.

I agree. While I think their main focus will be on Vita (as it should) they will have a lot to show ps3 gamers as well. TLOU and GOW:A gameplay videos alone makes it worth it

I wonder what Sucker Punch is working on.

Microsoft can proclaim all they want that they won't announce a new xbox at E3.

But really? They're just going to let Nintendo have two E3s of revealing new hardware?

IMHO, that doesn't make much sense. You normally want to get your hardware announced so that it lessens the desire of the competition. The tactic may not necessarily work all that well, but there's no downside.

Even if it's just a tease, I think both Sony and Microsoft need to announce hardware. Developers from all the major studios are now known to be working on next-gen projects and many of them don't want to wait to announce their games.

Raide

But really? They're just going to let Nintendo have two E3s of revealing new hardware?

IMHO, that doesn't make much sense. You normally want to get your hardware announced so that it lessens the desire of the competition. The tactic may not necessarily work all that well, but there's no downside.

Even if it's just a tease, I think both Sony and Microsoft need to announce hardware. Developers from all the major studios are now known to be working on next-gen projects and many of them don't want to wait to announce their games.

They could do the same as Nintendo did. Announce hardware but don't actually show anything apart from Tech demos, then next E3 do the full show.

I personally think they will start hinting but if they just talk more Media and stuff for the 360, those core gamers are going to be left wondering where MS is heading next.

Portugeezer

I like how the always start with the shittest thing. MS is going to be shit this year. I bet they will talk about Wii U last.

See you in a few weeks then.

UberTag

Clearly the only reason they're doing this is because they perceive Nintendo is only releasing equivalent tech hardware to X360/PS3 and not anything they need to worry about their existing hardware not being able to compete favorably with. If they thought for a second Nintendo was delivering anything more and that their existing customer base was threatened they'd be singing a different tune.

B.O.O.M

Clearly the only reason they're doing this is because they perceive Nintendo is only releasing equivalent tech hardware to X360/PS3 and not anything they need to worry about their existing hardware not being able to compete favorably with. If they thought for a second Nintendo was delivering anything more and that their existing customer base was threatened they'd be singing a different tune.

100% this. Well said

MS will tease their next gen tech without explicitly saying so I feel. They will show one short trailer saying something like "Here is a little taste of what Xbox fans can expect in the future." Xbox 3 will not be announced there.

Petrichor

MS will tease their next gen tech without explicitly saying so I feel. They will show one short trailer saying something like "Here is a little taste of what Xbox fans can expect in the future." Xbox 3 will not be announced there.

Something like this I reckon. They might even announce specific titles for 2013, with no platform stated, but are quite clearly running on next gen tech.

This is an arrogant view for them to take, if true.

Nintendo's Wii was a monstrous success for the first part of the gen, and much of Xbox's recent success has come from Kinect (which was modeled after Nintendo).

The Wii U will probably take considerable market share from them this holiday season.

well it's no surprise you couldn't even write a coherent post. Satterfield is the worst. He has shitty opinions.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Pachter says that in a console environment he'd much rather control a dashboard with a tablet over something like connect.

Slowly but surely he's jumping aboard the WiiU train ;)

Bwahaha, so MS told Pachter straight up "Don't expect many games". Well that's nice.

Ya Im sure Patcher would let everyone know Microsoft's plan for E3 and spill the beans now.

Definetly when Microsoft is watching and they for sure won't let a analyst just spill the beans on the conference. Or else this would be Patchers last invite to Microsoft preview event.

You can bet there will be reveals and suprises to come.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
B.O.O.M said:
Shane: sony keeps on rolling out exclusives year after year but can't make a dent on the competition

I think this just shows how stagnant the AAA market has become over the course of this generation.

Top Bottom