• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonus Round: E3 2012 Preview [Up: Part 5: Thrid Parties Again]

theBishop

Banned
Since we are moving towards streaming and video on demand, having a tablet controller working with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and the tons of other services it could be that multimedia center.

That's not what I'm talking about. Microsoft has been talking about "IPTV" for nearly a decade. They want to be the interface between you and your cable service, not the gamut of known-quantity streaming services.

antonz

Im really hoping Netflix Wii U version is closer to the Wii design than the others. Wii version is so much better

hatchx

Banned
Since we are moving towards streaming and video on demand, having a tablet controller working with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and the tons of other services it could be that multimedia center.

Their excuse is that households already have a DVD and Blu-Ray player, but I don't have one that can stream to a tablet.

The fact remains, I don't own a DVD player. I have a PS3. So long as Nintendo doesn't include it in their system, I'll need another device to play them. ie; a PS4 to play DVDs/Blu-Rays.

It's a convenience thing, and I'd happily pay an extra 100 bucks to have it included in the same box.

Globox_82

Banned
Pachter really needs to go away. He is like this old used girlfriend that repeats same crap over and over and over again. I mean come on, he is on every other episode, saying same freaking crap, answering on same freaking questions.
Adam tried but doesn't fit here. Shane....no comment. Guy at the end was okey.
They always seem so negative.
Just wait for next week when they are all so emo about Sony. Ignore all the exclusives and just repeat how PS3 doesn't sell (even if it is 3-4 million behind the xbox WW)

Their excuse is that households already have a DVD and Blu-Ray player, but I don't have one that can stream to a tablet.

The fact remains, I don't own a DVD player. I have a PS3. So long as Nintendo doesn't include it in their system, I'll need another device to play them. ie; a PS4 to play DVDs/Blu-Rays.

It's a convenience thing, and I'd happily pay an extra 100 bucks to have it included in the same box.
I see where your coming from.

He also said that everything they showed last year was terrible. Why they even have him on the panel for this segment is beyond me.
It was pretty bad last year.

elcranky

Banned
I think that Kinect can have great gaming applications, but not as the SOLE control method. Use it in addition to the controller and it opens up some interesting opportunities. But it looks like Microsoft isn't interested in letting that happen and wants Kinect control to be an all-or-nothing proposal. Which is a shame.

Kinect currently has several SUPERIOR game experiences. Dance central, obviously, Child of Eden, and Fruit Ninja are all as good as anything for any machine or controller. Volleyball, table tennis and several of the fitness programs are also very solid experiences.

You do realize that ESPN is possibly the most significant E3 announcement of all time right?

Kinect currently has several SUPERIOR game experiences. Dance central, obviously, Child of Eden, and Fruit Ninja are all as good as anything for any machine or controller. Volleyball, table tennis and several of the fitness programs are also very solid experiences.

Viral marketers are usually a little less obvious than this.

Wildesy

Interesting comments about Sony planning to get the PS4 out the door before Microsoft's offering. Aren't Sony only just starting to make money on the PS3 after selling it at a loss for so long? And they always go on about the 10 year life cycle or whatever, I assumed they'd be trying to get as much life out of the PS3 as possible. I guess they want to avoid coming into the market a year late again though, which is probably a wise decision.

Also I have that exact shirt Keighley is wearing, it's way too tight though so I've never worn it. Just thought you guys would like to know...

You do realize that ESPN is possibly the most significant E3 announcement of all time right?

zjuku.gif

Eh, there is some truth to this. Dance Central is the superior dancing game interface because with Kinect it tracks your whole body and you don't have to hold anything. I'll even defend Kinect Sports bowling as superior to Wii Bowling because of the interface. If you want to take a step to the right on the lane, you take a step to the right. You want to bowl left handed you grab a ball with your left hand.

So yes, Kinect is the superior interface for dancing games, fitness games, and relatively shallow sports games. It is not the superior interface for anything I'd play on a regular basis or for more than ten minutes, though.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
MS E3 2010 ending: Xbox Slim reveal.
MS E3 2011 ending: Halo Reclaimer Trilogy reveal.

Seems the best stuff is at the end.

hmmm, curious i never liked MS 2010, or 2011 but their final reveals were indeed always impressive......i wonder what this years "big" reveal will be.

Im actually hoping its something from the Leap or Soho teams, cuz i want it to be something we have never seen...a new IP would be perfect to steal the show(or atleast some thunder), from the we already knew what was coming shows.

Antioch

lol Michael thinks Halo 4 will only sell 8 million.

Don't forget that the market has changed since Halo 3, COD is now the dominant FPS series and this will undoubtedly impact on Halo sales. It will probably sell around 8 million, possibly exceed it, but it's not a bad prediction all things considered.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Finally got around to catching it at home, and honestly makes me want to go to sleep and never wake up.

I've had to sit through 2 years of terrible Microsoft E3s knowing that 2012 would be my release. Yet even after this fucking unbearably long gen, I have to wait another fucking year for new hardware.

I just...I don't want to ever make a thread in Gaming, but I'd be so interested in seeing how hardcore gamers are being absolutely raped by the business model. It is absolutely infuriating and there is no stopping it, it seems. And no console is desperate enough to reach out to the hardcore.

Take me back to 1992. Now.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Did they reveal anything interesting like the Microsoft E3 service focus last episode or was it basically "Wow God of War, PlayStation All-Stars, and The Last Of Us will be awesome!" with no mention of new information?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Did they reveal anything interesting like the Microsoft E3 service focus last episode or was it basically "Wow God of War, PlayStation All-Stars, and The Last Of Us will be awesome!" with no mention of new information?

I'm having problems loading the second part of Sony's Preview, and in the first part they don't even mention GoW or The Last of US. It's pretty much all Vita talk and the PS3 mistakes Sony needs to not repeat.

But Pachter said he got an NDA'd meeting with Sony about what they are gonna announced. If he's not lying, Pachter knows everything or most of what the Conference is gonna be like. (Which I find weird.)

M.D

Pachter says what he saw in the pre-e3 event (under NDA, obviously) was very gamer focused

TheOddOne

Hey, Sony did partner with them for the exclusive "reveals" of those games.

pachter mentions that jack tretton told him that the no used games rumours are anti-consumer, he is against it. He says he isn't sure what Japan thinks but he says used games are good.

Saty

Pachter predicts Holiday 2013 PS4 launch. Announcement at CES\GDC. It won't block anti-used games.

Pachter asked Treton about his personal view about the next Playstation blocking used-games. Treton answered he's totally against it. Although i'm not sure how applicable it is. It's Treton's 'personal view' -- does he have a say if the PS4 will or will not allow used games?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well for once Pachter seems to clearly being in the know, so I'm gonna go with him and neither MS or Sony will announce OR tease their new consoles this year.

Top Bottom