• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonus Round: E3 2012 Preview [Up: Part 5: Thrid Parties Again]

This year the make or break thing for Sony's e3 will be if they can give the Vita a megaton.

It needs a price drop or a mega exclusive.

Something like GTA or Final Fantasy something. Those GTA games on psp sold pretty well. I think people liked em.

For ps3 they have been doing everything right the last few years in terms of 1th and 3rd party games.

A price drop to 199 wouldn't hurt.

A new UI to replace the XMB has been over due but if it hasn't happened by now it wont happen until we see a new console.... well unless Jeff_ rigby is to be believed in whoch case a new UI and a slimmer slim could be in the works but I havent been keeping up with his stuff so maybe thats changed.

More video services.. MS is on fire right now with that stuff. They probably have a lot of the recent stuff tied to a exclusive deal as is the MS way but there are still a few things they could get on the ps3. Where the hell are the youtube/facebook/other social media crap apps ? the browser sucks and always will suck. The vita has a facebook app for god sake.

Also lol Shane bring up the 10 year cycle. 10 year life cycle never meant 10 years of ps3 before the ps4 you fucking idiot.

pachter mentions that jack tretton told him that the no used games rumours are anti-consumer, he is against it. He says he isn't sure what Japan thinks but he says used games are good.
i also liked his point about how it's great for consumers coming into the gen late.
So Shane Satterfield does not know what the '10 year cycle' means either. :/
i'm amazed people are so confused when it comes to that phrase.

smr00

Banned
This year the make or break thing for Sony's e3 will be if they can give the Vita a megaton.

It needs a price drop or a mega exclusive.

Something like GTA or Final Fantasy something. Those GTA games on psp sold pretty well. I think people liked em.

For ps3 they have been doing everything right the last few years in terms of 1th and 3rd party games.

A price drop to 199 wouldn't hurt.

A new UI to replace the XMB has been over due but if it hasn't happened by now it wont happen until we see a new console.... well unless Jeff_ rigby is to be believed in whoch case a new UI and a slimmer slim could be in the works but I havent been keeping up with his stuff so maybe thats changed.

More video services.. MS is on fire right now with that stuff. They probably have a lot of the recent stuff tied to a exclusive deal as is the MS way but there are still a few things they could get on the ps3. Where the hell are the youtube/facebook/other social media crap apps ? the browser sucks and always will suck. The vita has a facebook app for god sake.

Also lol Shane bring up the 10 year cycle. 10 year life cycle never meant 10 years of ps3 before the ps4 you fucking idiot.
They desperately need a price drop.

Personally i wouldn't pay a penny over $150 for it, $250 is just fucking stupid.

Also props for the pact for pointing out how fucking stupid the non-used games rumor is.. still can't believe people are still worried about that dumbass rumor.

part 2 ain't working for me.

Not sure if GT loves Sony or not... but I do recall last year they had a month long Uncharted 3 bonus round, and U3 won GOTY for w/e that's worth ;)

Shane's talk about vita and ps3 cannibalizing each other on sales is an interesting point.

I'm not one to pick up multiple copies of the same game, and a large chunk of vita software is ps3 ports.

jbug617

Banned
part 2 ain't working for me.

Not sure if GT loves Sony or not... but I do recall last year they had a month long Uncharted 3 bonus round, and U3 won GOTY for w/e that's worth ;)

Shane's talk about vita and ps3 cannibalizing each other on sales is an interesting point.

I'm not one to pick up multiple copies of the same game, and a large chunk of vita software is ps3 ports.

That is why they should bundle the eligible games for $80 just like they did for MLB

Man I cant see MS letting Sony come out the gate first with next gen, MS is extremely aggressive so I think they will reveal before.

Trevelyan

Banned
I'd be pretty surprised if The Last Of Us came out this year.

I think they need at least 1 core game this holiday season, and it will be in dev for 3 years by the time this holiday rolls around. And I also doubt they would move it Spring of next year since I assume that's what GoWA, The Last Guardian and Quantic Dream's game will come out.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'd be pretty surprised if The Last Of Us came out this year.

The game has been quite long in developement right? It pretty much started alongside U3. I think they are shooting for 2012 holiday season. I read somewhere that ND got burned pretty hard by setting a harddate for U3 and that they won't make that mistake again.

Petrichor

Huh?

Hmm I doubt it as well , we still dont know anything about the multiplayer.

There aren't any entries in succesful, established franchises. The Last of Us is probably their biggest hope of an AAA hit (assuming it releases); but do new IPs (especially exclusive ones) tend to do well this late into a generation?

jbug617

Banned
I don't think Sony would launch a new console next year with a possibility of having TLOU, GOWA, Quantic Dream new game, TLG next year.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Pachter said Agent was announced in 2006. But I remember it being in 2009?
Because I remember watching that E3 and I only started watching those in 2009.

Probably confusing it with "The Agency"?

Edit:
Sony announces PS3-exclusive Rockstar franchise in 2007
E3 2009 announces the franchise "Agent" at the conference

Top Bottom