• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonus Round: E3 2012 Preview [Up: Part 5: Thrid Parties Again]

Pachter thinks agent will be out this year?

if Pachter actually knew Agent was coming this year he would probably be under NDA and wouldnt tell anyone.

Funny enough Pach probably knows everything thats gonna happen at e3 a few weeks before hand but he cant say anything so its probably best to just write off any of his predictions as him just dicking around and just take general stuff from him like that Sony will be more gamer focused and MS more services focused.

Smo21

They really need to fix the mobile version of gametrailers. Can't view this from my iPhone even on their mobile site.

The entirety of Nintendo's DS first party lineup does not constitute 'a few exceptions'.

Hmm? Ignoring casual games (note that I said "core output") and titles that haven't been released in the US, it mostly - not entirely, but mostly - consists of well-established preexisting IP.

Conor 419

Banned
Hmm? Ignoring casual games (note that I said "core output") and titles that haven't been released in the US, it mostly - not entirely, but mostly - consists of well-established preexisting IP.

I did note that you said 'core output', but I choose to then ignore it because why should we be limiting Nintendo's efforts to the hardcore?

- Also, why are we removing the fact Nintendo use their main IP's. Does that make Galaxy any less innovative?

I did note that you said 'core output', but I choose to then ignore it because why should we be limiting Nintendo's efforts to the hardcore?

Because GT is a site primarily by and for enthusiast/core gamers, and it's not reasonable to expect Keighley et al. to be bullish about casual titles, regardless of which first party is putting them out.

Conor 419

Banned
Which is why I disagreed with him.

We're talking about whether Sony have a better first party output than Nintendo, not whether they have a better first party output relative to Geoff Keighley.

JB1981

I have not watched this preview yet but I was thinking it doesn't seem like SONY has any 1st party exclusives this year at all. Like nothing ... Guess that means a PS4 is around the corner

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Which is why I disagreed with him.

We're talking about whether Sony have a better first party output than Nintendo, not whether they have a better first party output relative to Geoff Keighley.
But that's exactly what we're talking about.

You're specifically talking about the statement made by Geoff Keighley that said:
"I really do think that they have the best kind of first-party group out there."

So you're disagreeing with the way he feels. Shane seems to agree based on his response, so do a few posters in this thread.

Clearly you disagree. So what if he thinks Sony's is better?
You think you're going to convince someone that has equal or more access to games than you do of what he thinks is better? That's ludicrous.

Osietra

Banned
Guys. I wrote a poem about Garnett and Geoff, but I'm quite nervy here goes:
"Lee and that other guy,
Naked wrestling".

It's always the naked wrestling bit that gets my friend who reads the words.

Words are kindof like a power.

Huff

Banned
Yeah..that's always an adorable claim.. *snicker*

When Sony can turn-around a flailing handheld with the power of their first-party titles and a price drop, then I'll entertain that notion.

Sony fans think their 1st party is better.

Nintendo fans think their 1st party is better.

Shocker

Conor 419

Banned
But that's exactly what we're talking about.

You're specifically talking about the statement made by Geoff Keighley that said:
"I really do think that they have the best kind of first-party group out there."

So you're disagreeing with the way he feels. Shane seems to agree based on his response, so do a few posters in this thread.

Clearly you disagree. So what if he thinks Sony's is better?
You think you're going to convince someone that has equal or more access to games than you do of what he thinks is better? That's ludicrous.

Why can we restrict first party output to just 'the hardcore' audience? Surely that's equally, if not more ludicrous?

1-D_FTW

nope

if your talking about this year report.

it was due to tv business, floods psn hacks and
PS4 r&d

He was talking about cumulative loses from this gen. And PS3 was an unmitigated disaster. It basically gave away all the money the gaming division made during the PSX and PS2 era.

benny_a

Why can we restrict first party output to just 'the hardcore' audience? Surely that's equally, if not more ludicrous?
Based on my reading of what Father_Brain said is that he tried to interpret what Geoff said.
And because everything is from the perspective of how Geoff feels and what is known about Geoff is that the casual angle can be ignored for his personal preferences.

Knowing only of him from GTTV, Bonus Round and podcasts he seems to like games that are classified as "core".
Just so Nintendo doesn't feel alone: Microsoft's first party titles Star Wars Kinect and Kinect Sports is going to get Geoff less excited than a new Uncharted, for example.

Can't wait to see what they all have to say about Nintendo.

Adam Sessler will supremely overrate the importance of launch lineup games and talk about how Nintendo's current issues come from abandoning the core gamer while never mentioning their recent poor casual output, Pachter will troll.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nothing too pretty. You'd need someone like John Davison for that.

What about the NY Times guy? Or heck, Adam isn't a Nintendo hater. Shane it's kind of mixed. And Geoff loves Reggie.

I don't see how this could go wrong. :p

Pachter is gonna have a blast, though.

Agh, when is gametrailers gonna fix their damn player?

2QHn7.png

Grr...

MYE

Can't wait to see what they all have to say about Nintendo.

Nothing positive. Which means nintendo will win the generation again.

If they praise the Wii U though, its game over for nintendo.
But i doubt it, Pachter saying sony doesnt care about nintendo was pretty hilarious preview of things to come.

TripOpt55

I think I'd rather watch four forum members sit and try and predict what kind of titles we might see. We know Sony's first party studios. Why not take a look at when their last titles came out and what has a possibility of being announced. Unless they all have an idea already and are under NDA. I just think these Bonus Rounds seem kind of boring every year because they don't really guess any games. Like Sessler was saying maybe they will focus on the Vita since they are announcing PS3 games beforehand, but he didn't take a guess at what would be announced or even what he'd like to see. Maybe I am looking for something else from these than what is intended.

You know, they didn't say anything interesting at all.
Yep and that's the main problem with most Bonus Rounds. The interesting ones are those which feature developers. Te best one of all had Jaffe, Leving and Howard. Now that was worthwhile stuff.

Penguin

Now I wanna know whatever Pachter saw on the Vita that got him excited.

Wait, so L.A. Noire was 2006? oO Or was it both on the same year?

Damn time flies fast.

I wouldn't put much stock into it
Remember he said something similar about MS last year, and it mostly turned out to be Kinect features.

benny_a

I wouldn't put much stock into it
Remember he said something similar about MS last year, and it mostly turned out to be Kinect features.
To be fair to him, he was excited for Natal before they finalized the design.

It was sold to him as flicking your fingers and pinching the same way you'd do on a tablet and not the gross motor skills that are now required to navigate the interface.

And now he specifically said it's a game that excited him on Vita. All I know of his taste is that he likes Fallout and money.
So it's either a fallout-type game or Gran Turismo because that's guaranteed money in the global market. ;-P

What about the NY Times guy? Or heck, Adam isn't a Nintendo hater. Shane it's kind of mixed. And Geoff loves Reggie.

I don't see how this could go wrong. :p

Pachter is gonna have a blast, though.

wonder how many min in before Wii HD joke.

The NFC stuff could be a potential gamechanger after seeing how well skylanders did.

sleepykyo

I have not watched this preview yet but I was thinking it doesn't seem like SONY has any 1st party exclusives this year at all. Like nothing ... Guess that means a PS4 is around the corner

God of War Ascension and the Last of Us? Actually that does seem kind of low for Sony.

Sony's exclusive line up for the Christmas run in is the most family targeted they've ever had.

I reckon there is one more PS3 game to be announced for Xmas-ish if The Last Guardian doesn't make it.

Metallix87

I was surprised by how much he gushed about Sony's first-party exclusive lineup, when to me, it doesn't seem spectacular whatsoever. God of War: Ascension, The Last of Us, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, LittleBigPlanet Racing, and maybe The Last Guardian for PS3, and I'm sure one or two of those will be 2013. For Vita? Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Sound Shapes, maybe a new God of War? I'm sorry, but nothing here seems very exciting, all things considered.

Top Bottom