• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonus Round: E3 2012 Preview [Up: Part 5: Thrid Parties Again]

What big vita game would that be, guess it has to be western.

Although it was my first time seeing footage of the new god of war (looked good but I dont think fans were that angry...), to say they are glad in multiplayer games then seem to indicate psn isnt addicting enough to keep playing multiplayer games on is odd. It is too late to be trying to find ways to get people on psn over their xbox 360's now.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't think Sony would launch a new console next year with a possibility of having TLOU, GOWA, Quantic Dream new game, TLG next year.

Why not?

The Last of Us and God of War: Ascension should be out in the first half of the year, and the other two aren't really notable sellers.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION

I'm guessing it's a GTA game, but a Vita version of Skyrim (possibly with DLC included and some Vita-specific additions, like using the touchscreen etc) would seriously make me run out and buy a Vita, even if it's a technical downgrade compared to the console versions. :)

Pachter said Agent was announced in 2006. But I remember it being in 2009?

Because I remember watching that E3 and I only started watching those in 2009.

Probably confusing it with "The Agency"?

According to Wikipedia, Rockstar announced that they were working on an exclusive PS3 titles in July 2007. That game was later revealed to be Agent in 2009. So they may have been "working" on it since 2006-2007.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Interesting question: Will Kaz Hirai show up?

Probably not a big deal as far as the general market is concerned, but it would send a message to the core audience as to how much importance Sony as a conglomerate is placing on the Playstation brand.

Petrichor

"by all accounts, the ps3 is a failure". LOL

isn't the main reason why sony is in trouble is because of tv+tech? Not gaming?

Relative to the PS1 and the PS2, the PS3 is a disaster.

They wen't from essentially owning the market to just scraping into second place (and losing a lot of money in the process)

spats

Probably not a big deal as far as the general market is concerned, but it would send a message to the core audience as to how much importance Sony as a conglomerate is placing on the Playstation brand.

Yep.

Also, I like Kaz and would love to see him on stage.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Andrew House will replace him at E3 most probably. But for the PS4 reveal, he may be there.

Relative to the PS1 and the PS2, the PS3 is a disaster.

They wen't from essentially owning the market to just scraping into second place (and losing a lot of money in the process)

post comeback with the slim, i cant agree. but I think they recovered well. something sliding into 2nd isn't what I'd class a disaster.

a hiccup perhaps.

All this Agent talk, plus the agent cover (and no GTAV's) on the R* social club is suspicious.

I don't think Pachter would have brought up Agent like that on the bonus round if it really was covered in his E3 NDA meeting with Sony. I think he's just jokin about it.

sony =/= ps3.

I'd think you'd find that the 6 billion dollar loss isn't PS3.

PS3 has lost sony around 5-6 billion dollars but it's impossible to tell how much exactly due to PS2 and PSP profits masking the massive PS3 losses. And even with the PS2 and PSP profits the game unit is billions and billions in the hole in the PS3 era.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
House or Yoshida. I'd like to see Yoshida do the whole conference, actually. No offense to Tretton, but Yoshida is much more cool and calm on stage.
I dunno, I find Tretton hilarious. He handled the PSN hack situation well by taking a light-hearted dig at journos last year. Since it's SCEA, its going to be Tretton and House.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I'm guessing it's a GTA game, but a Vita version of Skyrim (possibly with DLC included and some Vita-specific additions, like using the touchscreen etc) would seriously make me run out and buy a Vita, even if it's a technical downgrade compared to the console versions. :)

Yes,it could be an awesome game on a portable system. Especially considering PS Vita is more than capable of pushing out something clearly superior to Morrowind on Xbox (and not only draw distance wise which would be an obvious improvement to add), which is a very nice landmark for an open world RPG on a portable system. In fact, I would really like for TES to go back to Morrowind with a PS Vita entry. It would generate quite a lot of buzz too since Morrowind is a game many fans still remember very dearly.

Better first party than MS? Sure
Better first party than Nintendo? lol

I like how they were talking about the new Sly Cooper and how no other publishers would touch a game with more cartoon-style graphics with their example being Microsoft. But I am used to discussions being about Sony vs. Microsoft with Nintendo being left out.

I wouldn't personally agree with it, but I can see where Geoff is coming from.

With a few exceptions, Nintendo's core output this past gen has been limited to a handful of well-established, preexisting IP (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, DK). If you're not a big fan of those franchises, which I don't think Geoff is, you're not likely to think nearly as highly of Nintendo's first-party development as a whole. I hope that we see this start to change on Wii U.

I like how they were talking about the new Sly Cooper and how no other publishers would touch a game with more cartoon-style graphics with their example being Microsoft. But I am used to discussions being about Sony vs. Microsoft with Nintendo being left out.

It goes without saying.

Good episode! I know he chats some shit sometimes but I dunno how anyone can hate on Pachter, he always seems like a stand-up bloke. Can't wait for next episode.

spats

That's a great argument but I'm inclined to disagree. Sony's studios are very flexible and aren't afraid to collaborate. That makes the Sony first party stable the best in the industry in my opinion.

Conor 419

Banned
I wouldn't personally agree with it, but I can see where Geoff is coming from.

With a few exceptions, Nintendo's core output this past gen has been limited to a handful of well-established, preexisting IP (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, DK). If you're not a big fan of those franchises, which I don't think Geoff is, you're not likely to think nearly as highly of Nintendo's first-party development as a whole. I hope that we see this start to change on Wii U.

What about the handhelds, Xenoblade?

HylianTom

Banned
Yeah..that's always an adorable claim.. *snicker*

When Sony can turn-around a flailing handheld with the power of their first-party titles and a price drop, then I'll entertain that notion.

Top Bottom