• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bootleggers. The new GA addiction.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I'm an Assassin :)

But it's getting costly, doing OC's that cost me 500k and getting 50-100k back for doing them.

I'll be the poorest Godfather in history at this rate :p

calder

This has just ruined my day. :(

I've done nothing but work today! (and surf gaf. and make fantasy sports trades) I sure as hell wouldn't be signing up for web games if I felt like working! ;)

SyNapSe

<cries> I didn't realize how the gun thing worked and screwed myself. I bought the first gun and had done the shooting range thing until I was at 100%.

So, then.. I thought I'd take and sell my first gun and purchase the second gun! Once I had sold the first gun it told me I couldn't buy the 2nd gun w/o already having the 1st. When I re-purchased the .22 calibur or whatever I had 0% training done! :(

Do I need to keep all the guns forever, or do i just need to purchase the .22.. train it to 100%, buy the next gun up, and then sell the lower one?

I have to do 10 more hours of shooting range again.

calder

Wow Synapse, that'd suck if you have to do the training again. Do you know for sure you do?

Hey, check this page out.

http://www.sg.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

The stuff about OC payouts is pretty interesting, if it's all accurate. There's also a list of booze prices but I'm not sure how accurate that'd be. I'm in Colorado now and a couple of prices are slightly above the quoted high price.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
SyNapSe said:
<cries> I didn't realize how the gun thing worked and screwed myself. I bought the first gun and had done the shooting range thing until I was at 100%.

So, then.. I thought I'd take and sell my first gun and purchase the second gun! Once I had sold the first gun it told me I couldn't buy the 2nd gun w/o already having the 1st. When I re-purchased the .22 calibur or whatever I had 0% training done! :(

Do I need to keep all the guns forever, or do i just need to purchase the .22.. train it to 100%, buy the next gun up, and then sell the lower one?

I have to do 10 more hours of shooting range again.

You can't sell the older guns, the price listed is essentially the price to upgrade the gun. When you buy the second, you lose the first. You can't sell the first unless you just don't want a gun.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Well I've been in jail 5x now trying to do petty crimes to get some money (everything I try is 0%)

So now...I am reduced to begging! If anyone of you rich people want to float me some money I'd be obliged!

My name is Stugg.

Oh, and if you have some tips on how to stay away from being poor...feel free to pass it along :)

calder

Thanks guy, I bought the C4 and am set, I'll just do a GTA every now and then until lunch so don't worry that I'll log off or anything.

SyNapSe

Archaix said:
You can't sell the older guns, the price listed is essentially the price to upgrade the gun. When you buy the second, you lose the first. You can't sell the first unless you just don't want a gun.

Yeah, it sucks. I'm retraining my gun now.

calder

Hola,

I'm tentatively planning an OC for Pennsylvania at ~11:30pm Central time. High end equip, I'll lead if there is interest and unless someone of a higher rank wants to lead us to more money. I'm saving up cars and money starting now so I should be able to fund anyone so you don't necessarily need to be able to buy in. Gangster level and above preferred, but if there's any Thugs around who want in that's cool. Let's see if we can break $1.5mill!

Exact time and location can be adjusted as long as everyone would have enough time to change travel routes/etc.

Jesiatha

calder said:
Hola,

I'm tentatively planning an OC for Pennsylvania at ~11:30pm Central time. High end equip, I'll lead if there is interest and unless someone of a higher rank wants to lead us to more money. I'm saving up cars and money starting now so I should be able to fund anyone so you don't necessarily need to be able to buy in. Gangster level and above preferred, but if there's any Thugs around who want in that's cool. Let's see if we can break $1.5mill!

Exact time and location can be adjusted as long as everyone would have enough time to change travel routes/etc.

I'm interested - but only a thug now. Is that too low? Of course, I'll likely rank up by then ;)

calder

Well, equipment not maybe THAT high end. ;) A Duesy, C4, 2 Thompsons (for 500k), sounds reasonable. Wish we knew if 4 MKIIs would be more profitable than less Thompsons... it'd only be 100k more for 4MK's, but I almost think 2 Thompsons might be better depending on how they calculate the take.

I think it's generally known that the higher the leader's rank the higher the payout, and clearly the better the equip the better the return, but I'll try to find a reputable source for info about what's the best cost/benefit for Hitman OC's (unless one an Assassin wants to lead) with nearly-top level equipment.

Jesiatha

I have a 100% Duesenberg on the way to PA, if you want to use that.

edit - and once it gets there, it'll be sitting in my new garage :)

calder

Penn OC - approx. 11:30pm CST tonight - tentative roster

leader - calder
Weapons - Wasabi (4 MK III's are the plan so far)
driver - Jesiatha
Explosives - ?? (will be buying C4, I can help pay if some broke ass gambler wants to OC ;))

I'll be off and on IRC all evening. Based on the interest shown I bet we'll be able to do 2 OCs at about that time tonight so don't worry about there not being a spot.

Crap, I know I'm forgetting a few ppl who expressed an early interest - I lost the bootmails but I believe either Matlock or BJ33 (or both) mentioned it. Just lemme know again, I'd like to fit Jesiatha in as driver to get him the nice experience but I think BJ has a Duesy there too and he responded first, but regardless we'll find an OC for everyone.

Jesiatha

What do we have to do to set this up? I probably won't be on IRC. Will I get an invite in the game or do I have to search for your OC and apply to join?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Man I am either horribly unlucky or I just get screwed every time....

Playing blackjack using standard odds betting and I lose every time it seems, especially if I do a big bet...I win on tiny bets...this normal?

I am almost poor AGAIN!

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Blackjack is evil! (But I've sent you some more to lose Mr. Pockets :p)

I'd be at 3-4 million by now if I hadn't kept messing around with BJ, no more gambling for me, not until I can afford to do it without losing everything on a double-up :p

On the positive side, I just ranked :D

vennt.gif

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
By double-up I mean, play 10k, lose it so play next hand at 20k, if lost go again at 40k and so on and so on. Only really a strategy you can get away with when you have 10's or 100's of millions in the bank :p

Wario64: No, there is a cap on Crews - all slots are used up (35/35)

Unless we kill a crew leader & all members of the crew.... :/

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Here is an example of my luck in blackjack...

Dealer showing 5, I have 17 - Stand ... Dealer gets 19 and wins

Dealer showing 7, I have 9, I hit and get 19 ... Dealer gets 20 and wins

Dealer showing 3, I have 20 - Stand .... Dealer gets 21 in 4 cards and wins

I say F*%# you dealer and go try and rob banks :)

EDIT : Forgot to mention dealer gets blackjack like every 4-5 hands

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
You need about $5-15 million per hit. (Cost of bullets)

At an average of 100 members per crew it would cost us somewhere around $1-$2 billion to take out an entire crew. And on top of that it would ignite a bloodfeud.

So we'd hold the crew for oh... about 4 hours, just long enough for Tre to miss the fact and die offline :p

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Wario64 said:
Booo, what's the point of playing then :|

Seeing who can be the first to afford enough bullets to kill Matlock! ;)

calder

I'll be back on in about an hour. The Pennsylvania OC can take place shortly after, but we'll have a while to sort out the specifics. Just be in Penn ready to go in about an hour.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought myself some protection, back to being a "Food Stamps Applicant" - Damn those Armored Vehicle are expensive if you've not bought any protection previously (1.27 Million.)

o_O

vennt2.gif

Top Bottom