• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you put the code in for PC?

Main Menu - Extras - Shift something

Speaking of the pc version:

Is there any way to disable controller vibration for a 360 controller (either at a PC level or B2 level?). The Moxi tip gun is all fun annd a good joke, but it's starting to be annoying having a SMG that will not stop vibrating and it's getting uncomfortable for me.

Ricker

These codes dont work for me(360)... you go to download content,in game, and push X to redeem code right?...I get invalid code.

CTE

Nice. got me a new code. almost feel like wasting one now at level 25 or so just to see what I get and then use more when I hit 50. Then save a few until DLC hits and we get a new level cap.

Dang, melee Zer0 becomes really fun after unlocking the dash. It can even be used on airborne enemies!

Too bad I find myself on my ass so often

Loving going through NG+ It's tougher for sure but I love seeing all the new weapons... or rather the damage and sellable value they have.

I'm now rocking a turret with rockets and a shield and I'm leveling to get two turrets on the go. All those rockets flying about, that should be absolute mayhem! Hehe :D

We got raped at the Wildlife Preserve in TVHM. If you aren't fighting Super Badass Loaders, you're fighting a pack of Alpha Skags and Super Badass Corrosive/Shock/Flame Skags non-stop. And then you've got relentless stalkers who teleport right in front of you. Must have lost like 50k - I just sent the U-Station announcer's kid to college.

Grisby

We got raped at the Wildlife Preserve in TVHM. If you aren't fighting Super Badass Loaders, you're fighting a pack of Alpha Skags and Super Badass Corrosive/Shock/Flame Skags non-stop. And then you've got relentless stalkers who teleport right in front of you. Must have lost like 50k - I just sent the U-Station announcer's kid to college.
They should have some kind of random deal where instead of losing your money to the U Station College Trust Fund you win some back instead. Maybe a giant lottery where you get every other players money who's died that day or something.

HoosTrax

It sorta works out for me. 70 hours in BL2 in less than two weeks... it's kind of been completely fucking my sleep schedule, anyway. Been getting all these codes that are posted at midnight, 6am, etc no problem :D
I woke up a few minutes too late for the last set codes. Heh, I've put about as much time into the game as well. But I suspect a lot of it was sitting in front of the two slot machines at Moxxi's.

I'm sure getting my second character to 50 will be a lot more efficient, especially since Salvador seems to have much better suited for DPSing his way through the game, unlike Maya, who was more suited for CC. And his action skill is even useful against bosses, how about that...

web01

Why don't they just push gold key to people who have signed up for shift instead of giving them away on Facebook and Twitter. It is stupid.

HoosTrax

Why don't they just push gold key to people who have signed up for shift instead of giving them away on Facebook and Twitter. It is stupid.
I don't think the gold key giveaways are the main point of Shift. They obviously have bigger things in store for it, and are using this as a way to get people to beta test the stability of the service for them.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Did they tone down the dismemberments for this? With PhysX on blood pools and explodes from criticals, but there's never any dismemberments. Meanwhile a critical headshot in Borderlands would blow the head clean off the body. What gives?
I think it was a performance issue. I know the PS3 version of the firdt chugged whenever I got a crit headshot. It's don't think it's a censorship thing because several of the cutscenes show people getting blown into tiny bits. Seems odd that they didn't bring it back with PhysX on PC though.

Seguin

Banned
So I just got an incredible level 50 pink sniper and I think it's bugged. It's damage is 27100 or so, and it consumes 2 bullets per shot. However, a head shot crit on the target dummy will do only about 125k damage. My other electric sniper rifle, that only has about 12200 damage, does 113k crit damage. Is there something I'm missing or is there something wrong with that pink rifle?

Eric WK

They're testing code redemption, specifically.

Ultimately, there will be a variety of ways to get keys.

I'm beginning to realize that the gold chest isn't all that great. Purples? Meh. Purples that can't be used by my character? An even bigger mehhhhhhhh. You can just let one of the big guys level up 4 times and then kill him to get better loot.

Megasoum

Banned

Because the point is not to give away gold keys to customers, the point is to "trend" on social medias so that more people hear about the game and go buy it. They don't really give a shit if we get a key or not.

Log4Girlz

Man so happy I had 4 keys. Opened the chest to see a decent sniper gun and a pretty nice ass rifle. I'm level 40...will open it again probably at 45 then 50. I may save the last golden key in case I want to start another character, like a Gunzerker.

Y'know for me, it's not even about getting to level 50 any more. The journey getting there is freakin' amazing. It's a damn fun fun romp on TVHM with a full party.

Also, playing with randoms on PC are some good peoples. Haven't come across anyone that duped, hacked or modded from what I've seen. Players are also very considerate about loot too, which is nice as hell. Players would wait until everyone got a chance to look at what just dropped from a boss or what they opened from a loot chest.

kenssi

Oh man, beating
Bloodwing
in True Vault Hunter Mode was so damn frustrating, died way too many times. Finally managed to do it after I found a class mod that boosted my SMG damage by 81%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom