• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayb

So my ps3 just broke. 60gig. With borderlands 2 stuck inside. I have a new ps3 but can't get the f****** disc out. How the hell did they design a console without a manual eject feature?!

Advice?

assuming it's the YLOD, search youtube for the hairdryer fix. it's much easier than opening the PS3 up if you're only concerned with getting the PS3 working just long enough to get the disc out and backup your saves.

Finished TVHM with my friend last night. Maya for me and Axton for him. TVHM was much more challenging and fun but nothing too crazy. So nice to start getting awesome loot drops and things worth buying from vending machines. I noticed around lvl 47 things started picking up in terms of loot quality. And now...

Loot Farming Simulator 2013 time!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
assuming it's the YLOD, search youtube for the hairdryer fix. it's much easier than opening the PS3 up if you're only considered with getting the PS3 working just long enough to get the disc out and backup your saves.

Assuming he sends it into Sony and pays the cost, he has to write down the info in a paper they send with the coffin. I had this happen with my original 60GB when it died. I think it had LBP in it and when I called in to have it fixed, the paper they send has a part in it where you fill out what game is in there and a few other details.

If that isn't an option then you will void the warranty.

My advice is to get it fixed then flip it for around 200-250 and sweeten the deal with some games. Get a SLIM.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Not that it's much better on PC but are you playing alone on PS3? It's been much better with my group of friends. And on PC, IQ/performance is top notch. That adds to the experience.

The game is definitely building on the solid foundation the first game laid. It has more polish but it's more of the same with improvements thrown in.

If anything, I'd say the game is better already just for ditching Gamespy.

But PS3/360 load times are offensive so to me, I find it jarring to from PC to console where I can farm 10x faster just due to the nature of PC.

These are merely little reasons but the game is definitely better with friends and on PC.

I'm playing with friends, yes. Graphics and loading screens aren't my problem. It just doesn't seem to be my kind of game somehow, despite the fact that I love loot-focused titles and enjoy shooters.

One thing's certain: I hated the world and the characters in the first game, and I hate them now. They annoy and disgust me.

Shit - quest-breaking bug :(

Going through the quest "Animal Rescue: Food", and the final item I need is off the map; as in the quest indicator for the item I need is off the map and impossible to get to.

The item was dropped by an enemy as I killed him, but I died before picking it up. When I came back, I found that the item morphed outside the map.

Found one other guy who reported this in the Gearbox forum - no exactly hopeful.

Shits, fucks and poppycocks.

I'm playing with friends, yes. Graphics and loading screens aren't my problem. It just doesn't seem to be my kind of game somehow, despite the fact that I love loot-focused titles and enjoy shooters.

One thing's certain: I hated the world and the characters in the first game, and I hate them now. They annoy and disgust me.

...if the world and characters annoyed you in the first game, not sure how you thought you'd enjoy them in the 2nd.

IMO the first part of the game is pretty slow, thought things picked up after you rescue
Roland (are we still using spoiler tags....?)
. That mission was brutally long.

LiquidMetal14

No qualms there.

I wouldn't have bought it based on your perception of what GAF thinks though.

The pacing is better in the 2nd game though. I think they fixed about everything I had issues with in the first game. Especially the Gamespy part. The only thing is the weapons you get in BL2 don't seem to be as bad ass but are offset by boss farming and the slot machines at least. I would at least try to get through it with friends to get some value out of your purchase.

Cat Party

Going through the quest "Animal Rescue: Food", and the final item I need is off the map; as in the quest indicator for the item I need is off the map and impossible to get to.

The item was dropped by an enemy as I killed him, but I died before picking it up. When I came back, I found that the item morphed outside the map.

Found one other guy who reported this in the Gearbox forum - no exactly hopeful.

Every time this type of thing happens to me, fast traveling away and back fixes it.

ZeroCoin

Anyone ever get an item stuck on top of one of the statues after the warrior fight? I've been farming for a few days to try and get a CC. Of course an orange ends up landing where I can't reach it. No clue whether it was a CC, but knowing my luck it definitely was.

pablito

farming legendaries is a beezy. after a week i've only gotten a level 48 bee. been trying terramorphous, hellquist for a level 50, an assault rifle and rocket launcher in the dust (forgot names), warrior every once in a while. nothing. i feel like i shouldn't mix it up, but after 5 hours of kill, reload, kill, reload on one dude i can't help it.

Cat Party

Sawtooth Cauldron was beyond ludicrous in TVHM. The part where you have to stop the Ambush Commanders is ridiculous. I was lvl 49 with decent gear and I couldn't do anything but throw my turrets down and squeeze my cheeks. Died probably 15 times, and I have the class mod and build where I get massive damage bonuses in FFYL. Keep in mind that I had just breezed through the bunker section without dying once (thank you based Sledge's Shotgun).

Sawtooth Cauldron was beyond ludicrous in TVHM. The part where you have to stop the Ambush Commanders is ridiculous. I was lvl 49 with decent gear and I couldn't do anything but throw my turrets down and squeeze my cheeks. Died probably 15 times, and I have the class mod and build where I get massive damage bonuses in FFYL. Keep in mind that I had just breezed through the bunker section without dying once (thank you based Sledge's Shotgun).

Ugh, not looking forward to that. I'm playing a Siren which sucks because I can't Phaselock big bosses, gonna have to team up but it's tough for me because I only get an hour here and there to play.

burnfout

Ugh 20 hours in and the sidequest are starting to bore me to tears. So many useless fetchquests :(

I'm level 25 now, should I just finish the main story now?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
...if the world and characters annoyed you in the first game, not sure how you thought you'd enjoy them in the 2nd.

IMO the first part of the game is pretty slow, thought things picked up after you rescue
Roland (are we still using spoiler tags....?)
. That mission was brutally long.

I didn't expect to enjoy the world and the characters. I expected the gameplay aspects to be better... But they're the same.

I'm way past that mission you mentioned and things haven't really changed (other than the addition of
robots
), by the way, but I guess I did like the
"making Sanctuary fly"
one.

galvatron

I'm starting over with Gaige, she seems cool.

If by cool, you mean "Vanilla MvC3 Dark Phoenix levels of broken" then yeah...she's cool. Going from her to maining Zero put me on a 2 week hiatus from the game due to the saltiness it caused. Didn't help that Zero was only level 30 when I tried to take out the last boss..

Anyone ever get an item stuck on top of one of the statues after the warrior fight? I've been farming for a few days to try and get a CC. Of course an orange ends up landing where I can't reach it. No clue whether it was a CC, but knowing my luck it definitely was.

You can climb on top those statues with a bit of maneuvering.

Got a shock CC from it last night but it was only level 30 because I was just finishing off the main quest on my Zer0. I hope they add a scaling feature for guns.

If by cool, you mean "Vanilla MvC3 Dark Phoenix levels of broken" then yeah...she's cool. Going from her to maining Zero put me on a 2 week hiatus from the game due to the saltiness it caused. Didn't help that Zero was only level 30 when I tried to take out the last boss..

How is it broken? I'm really new to this and I don't wanna start with a bad class.

Insaniac

properly geared Maya is the best for TVHM solo IMO. Converge + Ruin gives you field control, add in singularity grenades to give you even more control while Phase lock is on cooldown. Level 5 immolate makes getting second winds really easy.

Only problem with maya is inability to use phaselock against some boss fights

properly geared Maya is the best for TVHM solo IMO. Converge + Ruin gives you field control, add in singularity grenades to give you even more control while Phase lock is on cooldown. Level 5 immolate makes getting second winds really easy.

Only problem with maya is inability to use phaselock against some boss fights

I find phaselock very effective indirectly. Particularly with sweet release. free hp for killing random minions saved my life a number of times.

BigDug13

Is this the Skag tongue part? You can find those drops from any Skag you kill. Just keep killing skags.

A friend of mine asked if I wanted any legendary weapons and of course I said, "Sure."

Feels good to have a CC and a Baby Maker.

Going to go fight Hyperius again in a few and hopefully beat him for the 2nd day in a row. Going to stick with the strategy I did the first time.

Master Gee....wow..you bitch. Now that I have a CC, I hope to kill the worms much quicker.

Just need one more achievement to get 53/53. Just in time for Black Ops 2. Then I'll take a break until the next DLC hits..or possibly start a Mecromancer.

A friend of mine asked if I wanted any legendary weapons and of course I said, "Sure."

Feels good to have a CC and a Baby Maker.

Going to go fight Hyperius again in a few and hopefully beat him for the 2nd day in a row. Going to stick with the strategy I did the first time.

Master Gee....wow..you bitch. Now that I have a CC, I hope to kill the worms much quicker.

Just need one more achievement to get 53/53. Just in time for Black Ops 2. Then I'll take a break until the next DLC hits..or possibly start a Mecromancer.

Hyperius vs baby maker is a one sided battle.

Master Gee is super lame and annoying. And sometimes he doesn't pay out either :/

MrDaravon

i can't remember if it's like this on normal, but there's actually a shared stash in the very beginning of the game within Claptrap's house.

I think that's only there on your second playthrough with that character though. I don't think I've ever seen it first time through on any of my alts.

LQX

So after nearly 120 hours I finally got my first level 50. Feels Goodman.

Also ended up in a server with some cool dudes that duped some legendary weapons including bee shield for me.

one_kill

Where's the best place to farm eridium?

At the conclusion of the entire Rising Action --> Highlands: Outlook section of the game.
Thanks for the input. Sucks though I have to play that far to get the last weapon slot. I boosted three of my characters to level 50 so getting there is an easy, but time-consuming affair.

one_kill

Has anyone encountered a glitch whereby a character has less skill points than what they should have? I have a level 50 Gunzerker who only has 18 skill points. It alternates to 28, but not 40+.

Edit: Just figured it out. 18 + 28 = 46, which is the right amount of skill points. To get the full amount, I have to first allocate the 18 points, save, and quit. Then I have to reload the same save to get the other 28 skill points. What a shitty glitch.

I found a Chubby Varkid and it dropped an Orange shield called Whisky Tango Foxtrot. Apparently it's a super rare shield? Talk about luck. Shame it's useless.

Insaniac

I found a Chubby Varkid and it dropped an Orange shield called Whisky Tango Foxtrot. Apparently it's a super rare shield? Talk about luck. Shame it's useless.

I have a level 50 WTF shield off Hyperion, its pretty fun and its IEDs do a lot of damage. Its fun to put on your mechromancer deathtrap

I know this isn't 100% borderlands related but it started with it so I'm hoping someone here can help.

I booted up PS3 Borderlands 2 today and I got an error saying my save was corrupted and I should delete it. It was my character save file so I couldn't play my saved game my only option was to start over. I was only level 7 so I just figured I'd start again, but when I tried to delete my old save my PS3 said there was an error and it couldn't delete it.

I started a new game and played up until Lairs burg where the game hard froze. I had to manually turn off the PS3 and when I booted it back up I got a message saying the file system was corrupted and it needed to be fixed I choose to fix and know my PS3 is stuck at 40% restoring. The background is still moving so I'm not sure if I should give up or leave it running and see what happens.

I know this is really specific just seeing if any other PS3 players have had their saves corrupted and how to fix the problem
Thanks

LiquidMetal14

STEAM COMPRESSED IMAGE APPROACHES

Click pic to view via Steam profile page and comment (lol)

I know this isn't 100% borderlands related but it started with so I'm hoping someone here can help.

I booted up Borderlands 2 today and I got an error saying my save was corrupted and I should delete it. It was my character save file so I couldn't play my saved game my only option was to start over. I was only level 7 so I just figured I'd start again, but when I tried to delete my old save my PS3 said there was an error and it couldn't delete it.

I started a new game and played up until Lairs burg where the game hard froze. I had to manually turn off the PS3 and when I booted it back up I got a message saying the file system was corrupted and it needed to be fixed I choose to fix and know my PS3 is stuck at 40% restoring. The background is still moving so I'm not sure if I should give up or leave it running and see what happens.

I know this is really specific just seeing if any other PS3 players have had their saves corrupted and how to fix the problem
Thanks

This won't solve the problem but I would really start backing your saves up to PS+ cloud automatically and/or saving them to a jump drive.

Hopefully it restores it. If not, then you may be screwed. At least it's only a level 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom