• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

HoosTrax

Well, fuck me, I recently took this quest at lvl 50, but somehow it glitched and I ended up without any of the rewards (of course I was going after the Heartbreaker).
I assume there's no way to replay the quest without starting over with another character, right?

BTW, might be a silly question, but I was thinking about this today: the weapons that "consume n ammo per shot", do they actually fire n bullets per shot?
I don't think there's a hard and fast correlation. "Consumes n ammo per shot" is more like the game's way of telling you that there's some special ammo-related magic at work, like with eTech guns, which eat 2 bullets to be able to spit out 1 energy projectile, or with Torgue guns and their gyrojet projectiles. With shotguns, normal ones consume 1 ammo unit to deliver x number of pellets.

FerranMG

I don't think there's a hard and fast correlation. "Consumes n ammo per shot" is more like the game's way of telling you that there's some special ammo-related magic at work, like with eTech guns, which eat 2 bullets to be able to spit out 1 energy projectile, or with Torgue guns and their gyrojet projectiles. With shotguns, normal ones consume 1 ammo unit to deliver x number of pellets.

Yeah, that's what I assumed, but today I was thinking I never actually tested this, and it might be n ammo consumed, n shots fired. :p

So I got the Mechromancer DLC and have yet to start the game. How long is it? Currently finishing Tokyo Jungle and will start with BL2.

rukland

Fleshstick quest stays at 40 since you accepted it at 40.

Thanks. I was really hoping that the quest level would adjust since you can constantly 'accept' it.

Yeah know I thought that would be the case, but I took the quest on my 2nd playthrough a bit early as well. I was like 42. After I finshed TVH mode my Fleshstick leveled to 52. It might be something to do with the fact that you have to retake the quest to reset him, but I for sure have a level 52 Fleshstick doing what I did.

h3ro

New golden key codes!

WinPC: CT5J3-BF5HZ-633JB-T33TJ-XSKZF
PS3: WTK3B-WTZ9B-69BCJ-STKTT-BZCX5
X360: WTK3B-WTZ5F-36FBR-KXJTT-BZC6J

ZeroCoin

Yeah know I thought that would be the case, but I took the quest on my 2nd playthrough a bit early as well. I was like 42. After I finshed TVH mode my Fleshstick leveled to 52. It might be something to do with the fact that you have to retake the quest to reset him, but I for sure have a level 52 Fleshstick doing what I did.

Hmmmm. I'll have to try it out and let everyone know my findings.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe the quest stays at 40 but Fleshstick himself levels anyway for whatever reason? I made my second "99%" post because as I thought about it I realized my friend and I never actually checked the level after we hit 2.5, we just killed him multiple times without bothering.

ZeroCoin

As long as he gives out more xp I'm fine with it. I'll hopefully finish out PT2 tonight and let everyone know what the quest level and fleshstick's level ended up being.

BeeDog

Alright, managed to kill the final boss yesterday, so now I can play in TVHM or whatever it's called. I've read something about there being a way to play the game "properly" so you don't miss out on high-end (lvl. 50) variants of quest rewards.

Could someone summarize how I should proceed now without losing out on anything? I'm lvl. 34 in Normal Mode. Thanks in advance.

Inskipp

Alright, managed to kill the final boss yesterday, so now I can play in TVHM or whatever it's called. I've read something about there being a way to play the game "properly" so you don't miss out on high-end (lvl. 50) variants of quest rewards.

Could someone summarize how I should proceed now without losing out on anything? I'm lvl. 34 in Normal Mode. Thanks in advance.
Don't accept any sidequests with unique- gear reward while playing in TVHM. When you finish all of the story- missions in TVHM, rest of the unaccepted sidequests will scale to level 50.

Atruvius

Don't take any side quests until you have killed the final boss in TVHM. When you kill the final boss all untaken side quests jump to 50 lvl quests which give 50 lvl loot.

More new shift codes for Golden Keys from Gearbox's Facebook page:

PC: WTCJ3-SHH3K-KFJT3-JBJ3J-H5965
Xbox 360: 5JWTJ-JCSSC-6S6TX-5RBTJ-9RZBJ
PlayStation 3: 5BWJB-W5F5J-JKKWT-9JWJT-KCZ99

If the weapon or icon has a blue icon for the weapon dont take it. ones that are iridium or money you can use but. Constantly moving forward will get you the best xp in normal and TVHM.

So is roscoe the new DLC?

So Shotgunning the bee is no longer worth it. SMGs just went a up a notch. has anyone checked to see if this effects current bees or just new ones.

Wait wtf, after entering the two shift codes from facebook and twitter the game tells me I have 16 golden keys available for use. I only had like 3 keys beforehand, how did that happen?

Wait wtf, after entering the two shift codes from facebook and twitter the game tells me I have 16 golden keys available for use. I only had like 3 keys beforehand, how did that happen?

My friend installed the PC patch yesterday and said he got 10 keys out of nowhere. Not sure if it has something to do with that if you are using PC.

My friend installed the PC patch yesterday and said he got 10 keys out of nowhere. Not sure if it has something to do with that if you are using PC.

same happened to me. seemed to happen after the patch. no complaints here...got some sweet e-tech weapons from them

madhtr

You can of course take the side quests that don't give loot, since you're not losing anything there. Every quest tells you the reward before you accept it.

So, you can't even accept the quests until you reach pt2.5? They won't scale to level 50 if you just don't complete them until then?

Cat Party

So, you can't even accept the quests until you reach pt2.5? They won't scale to level 50 if you just don't complete them until then?

Right, if you accept the quest, it's locked at that level, even if you wait to finish it. You have to basically leave all the yellow exclamation points floating around.

madhtr

Right, if you accept the quest, it's locked at that level, even if you wait to finish it. You have to basically leave all the yellow exclamation points floating around.

Damn, okay, thanks. Will make sure to avoid taking any further quests.

neoism

A buddy of mine has had that problem for a couple of days on the 360. Apparently it's not uncommon. He can play offline somehow though.

they just had another patch at 4:15est.. and its still fucked up..

saying the app is all ready running
I reinstalled
Validated steam cache 10 times it always says its missing one item and will get it but if never downloads nuthin....85 hours down the drain plus 3 fucking dlc ..I will never buy a fucking stupid "season pass" again

all i get

:(
iimi2Ho5vW0k6.png

I put in sixty hours leveling to 50 in this game ( I play shooters pretty methodically) and completely enjoyed it, but the "endgame" of repetitive boss farming with very low estimated value per time spent is just terrible. They need to really look at drop rates or making purples have the possibility of being as situationally awesome as legendaries instead of common ghetto gear you bear with until you get "real" ultrarare drops off specific bosses.

I booted up the PC version before after a couple of weeks away and found that I've got an extra 10 Golden Keys and 60 badass tokens to use. I assume something has fucked up in the patch but it'll be interesting to see if anything else has messed up.

I'm level 31 and got 10 extra Golden Keys and 40 Badass tokens.

barrin87

I really hate that a patch was released to nerf The Bee shield. Sure, it was overpowered but oh so fun. I'm hoping they don't patch Leviathan's treasure room glitch since that's honestly one of the best ways to get legendary weapons in this game.

Tobe

I really hate that a patch was released to nerf The Bee shield. Sure, it was overpowered but oh so fun. I'm hoping they don't patch Leviathan's treasure room glitch since that's honestly one of the best ways to get legendary weapons in this game.

there is a glitch for that? how?!!!

Paertan

So I got the Mechromancer DLC and have yet to start the game. How long is it? Currently finishing Tokyo Jungle and will start with BL2.

Mechromancer DLC is not any new missions, story or anything. Just a new character. She is fun to play with though so I guess you can say two full playthroughs long =P

NinjaBoiX

So my mate just picked this up, which really suprised me, he usually hates shooters with a passion!

Anyway, my question is, when playing online co-op, how does the campaign work? Does only the host get to do his quests, or can both players do their own quests? Do you have to stick together, or can you go off and do your own thing?

Basically, does the partner who juons your game simply act as a helping hand, or can he play his own game, and help you where appropriate?

Mr. Fix

So my mate just picked this up, which really suprised me, he usually hates shooters with a passion!

Anyway, my question is, when playing online co-op, how does the campaign work? Does only the host get to do his quests, or can both players do their own quests? Do you have to stick together, or can you go off and do your own thing?

Basically, does the partner who juons your game simply act as a helping hand, or can he play his own game, and help you where appropriate?

Both players progress through the story at the same time as long as they do story missions together. If player 2 for example, wants to do some side-quests on their own time (solo), they could, but it won't show up as completed for the host. Same thing works in reverse. You could also help each other finish quests, even if one of you has already finished that particular quest, you won't get the exp/item reward again though. If you both play through everything together, you complete all the quests simultaneously.

Lexxon

Played with my regular co-op buddy last night (both in the low 40s) and he also got 10 free keys and roughly doubled his badass rank to 11k (I'm around 5500). He had 60+ tokens! Gearbox has a post on their tech support forum claiming that the free keys and badass are meant for those who had their profiles wiped at one point or another, as 'compensation'. My buddy never had his stuff wiped although we once goofed up cloud saves and lost a couple of keys and 4 levels, but was able to bring back the old save. It may have detected that as a 'wipe'.

ZeroCoin

Okay, finished up PT2 last night. The fleshstick quest does not scale up to a level 50 quest if you accepted it during PT2. However, fleshstick does become a level 52 spawn. So for power leveling purposes it's just as good.

Top Bottom