• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

By consensus, which DLC is the best?

I'm level 22, and am near the end of the Captain Scarlet campaign. In the actual campaign, I've just gotten Sanctuary back as a fast-travel port. I think I'm doing well.

It's the only DLC I've played, though. And apparently two of them are level 30+.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I'm level 22, and am near the end of the Captain Scarlet campaign. In the actual campaign, I've just gotten Sanctuary back as a fast-travel port. I think I'm doing well.

It's the only DLC I've played, though. And apparently two of them are level 30+.

The Tiny Tina one is supposedly the best. I enjoyed it, but I don't have them all so I can't give a true comparison.

Jito

Banned
The Pre Sequel is broken on Ps4, how have I not seen any complaints about it and lack of a patch? Playing on split screen zooms the screen in way too far and the gun models go off the screen entirely on vertical mode, works completely fine on Borderlands 2 though. I assume we'll never see a patch as the company was closed down. It's unplayable in the current state so just a complete waste of money.

Dartastic

So, I vaguely remember that people were able to transfer their 360 saves to xbox one, etc. Was there ever a way to transfer Xbox saves to PC?

Chinbo37

Just checking in lol.

Been playing bl2 for the first time the last month. I have a single player gunzerker game going and a coop commando game with my friend who plays as siren.

I played and beat BL1 a couple months ago but only did single player.

I cam see now why the series is so revered. It's really fun! Also the net code is really good. I am in Europe and play with my friend in California with no apparent lag, and my Internet is not super fast either

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just beat this for the first time the other day. What a great game!! Except...

After killing The Warrior, he LANDED ON THE BUTTON, and we couldn't press it. One of the guys I was playing with said he had killed it hundreds of times and never seen that happen. So we went all the way back, fighting through the waves of enemies in Hero's Pass.... only to have the game freeze.

I was able to retread Hero's Pass a second time and press the button without fighting The Warrior again, but man, that was annoying.

Jrmint

Tiny Tina and Capt Scarlett are the best campaign dlcs I think. The Torgue one I found extremely annoying and the final boss is unbalanced and broken as hell.

I just played through Tiny Tina in one sitting. The final boss was a pain in the ass on solo, in his final form, but I got him.

It has some hilarious moments, but wasn't as crazy as I was expecting. It was still rather good, though. I'm just not sure if I prefer it or Captain Scarlett right now.

I still have Torgue's and Hammerlock's left. Can't say I'm looking forward to doing Torgue's.

Mr. Torgue's campaign actually ended up being quite fun. In fact, it's up there as one of my favourite BL2 DLCs. That said, I have a hard time ranking them.

None of the major DLC packs truly blew me away, but they were all good. I wish that the Hallowe'en realm had been given its own lengthy campaign, though.

I guess, if I had to choose, it'd be:

1. Tiny Tina's
2. Torgue
2. Scarlett
4. Hammerlock

Jrmint

Mr. Torgue's campaign actually ended up being quite fun. In fact, it's up there as one of my favourite BL2 DLCs. That said, I have a hard time ranking them.

None of the major DLC packs truly blew me away, but they were all good. I wish that the Hallowe'en realm had been given its own lengthy campaign, though.

I guess, if I had to choose, it'd be:

1. Tiny Tina's
2. Torgue
2. Scarlett
4. Hammerlock
How'd the final boss go for you? I found it really frustrating. Also which difficulty did you play on?

As far as the smaller dlcs I heard the Marcus' Mercenary Day is fun same with the smaller Hammerlock one, forget the name.

How'd the final boss go for you? I found it really frustrating. Also which difficulty did you play on?

As far as the smaller dlcs I heard the Marcus' Mercenary Day is fun same with the smaller Hammerlock one, forget the name.

The final boss in Torgue's? It was annoying, but nowhere near as annoying as the final stage of Tiny Tina's. The Devil form, that is.

I was overlevelled for Torgue, though, so I just took my trusty rocket launcher and pumelled the thing. Before trying that, I found it difficult.

I was level 35-36, and played on Normal. I was playing solo, which I prefer, and there's no way I'm bothering with TVH. It's difficult enough solo.

As for the smaller DLCs: I played the Hallowe'en one which was awesome, and accidentally played a lot of the Hammerlock seatown one thinking it was his Big Game Hunt add-on. I didn't finish it, though, because I came up across something annoying - the final boss, I think.

I'll maybe go back and try some of the other small DLCs, but I'm glad to finally have it off of my backlog. Though I did like it quite a bit.

Now, on to The Pre-Sequel play through #2, since I haven't beaten it as part of the Handsome Collection. Hopefully it won't be as frustrating this time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How good is the Mechromancer shocking build from the middle tree in UVHM? I'm just lvl 55, but I got a got a decent purple shock pistol yesterday, on top of a mod boosting my shock damage to 28%, but after trying it for 30 mins, I have some doubts that it's actually any better than simply using another build with good old Slag + Fire/Corrosive weapons.

BTW, whoever at Gearbox thought the whole "slag then switch to another weapon" was a good idea for a requirement for UVHM... well, I hope you never implement this in BL3... whenever that comes out.

Chinbo37

Just got the challenge reset with my Gunzerker at level 39!

Was a pain in the ass and involved a lot of grinding but im ready for TVH mode now and upping that badass ranking!

Chinbo37

BTW, whoever at Gearbox thought the whole "slag then switch to another weapon" was a good idea for a requirement for UVHM... well, I hope you never implement this in BL3... whenever that comes out.

Ya slag weapons are really best for coop mode where someone mains slag and someone else with another kind of weapon.

Also gunzerking with 1 slag and 1 something else is great. But slagging and then changing isnt worth it just a waste of time.

Ya slag weapons are really best for coop mode where someone mains slag and someone else with another kind of weapon.

Also gunzerking with 1 slag and 1 something else is great. But slagging and then changing isnt worth it just a waste of time.

If you haven't hit UVHM yet, it lasts a ton longer in that mode so it is worth it. Still a little annoying though.

Patchy

Banned
Hi GAF,

I recently re-installed this game for a run-through in TVHM with a buddy.

Last time I played I was getting locked 60 fps at 1440p with a R9 209.

I have since purchased a 980 ti and it struggles to maintain 60 fps using the same settings.

I have tried installing Physx and also shifting Physx to both the GPU and CPU and it does not make any difference.

Does anyone have any tips?

DarkFlame

Banned
I am like 3 years late to the party i know,but picked up the GOTY edition of this game some time ago and god if it isn't amazing

I mean what a huge improvement over the first one and i haven't even finished it.Currently sitting at 25 level and enjoying almost every moment of it

The world is massive with quests all over the place and great shooting mechanics with tons of fun weapons are a joy.The art direction is excellent,i mean some of the environments in this game are pure beauty.The central villain is nicely written,some funny characters with nice humour overall in this game and a better story than i was expecting from this type of game.Plus the main missions are really awesome set-pieces and not just formulaic levels to keep the game going on.

Also the PC version which i'm playing looks and runs spectacular

Couple of things i didn't like though:

-There is a bit of backtracking here and there.One of the most notable examples,I play the main mission at Wildlife Exploitation Preserve.Really great mission and great level overall.After turning in the mission,new side missions unlock for this particular map,forcing you to go through it once again,just with different objectives.It felt kinda cheap for me,even if the new missions themselves were great

-There are some delivery and fetch missions that are kinda filler content.I just ignore most of em,so no big deal,the game still has great side missions overall

-The enemy respawn system is kinda annoying ,i mean you sweep through one area,then if you leave and re-enter,the enemies you sweeped are back up again,which is kinda meh.That's why i'm trying to sweep entirely through an area so i can avoid going through it again for different/missed objectives

That's all for now folks,so far i haven't even played the DLC's but the content of the vanilla game alone is worth the money.It's obvious that lots of love has been put from the devs when creating Borderlands 2.Kudos to them

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hi GAF,

I recently re-installed this game for a run-through in TVHM with a buddy.

Last time I played I was getting locked 60 fps at 1440p with a R9 209.

I have since purchased a 980 ti and it struggles to maintain 60 fps using the same settings.

I have tried installing Physx and also shifting Physx to both the GPU and CPU and it does not make any difference.

Does anyone have any tips?

Hmm, something's definitely wrong then. Have you tried to re-install drivers? Did you uninstall the AMD drivers when you switched to the 980 ti?

Hzoltan69

Anybody still playing this? I feel like picking it up again for some fun coop starting from the beginning of TVHM (or possibly even from Normal Mode). I'm on PC.

T.O.P

Banned
If anyone needs some gold keys
WTKJ3-9JXZ9-6TJJB-33T3J-FRJC6
C3CTJ-XJ6HZ-FJTTJ-JBBBJ-3WTJZ
W3KJJ-KJXHZ-6JJBJ-3TT3T-33XBR
K3CB3-3JF99-RJ3JB-JJ3JJ-BT3RX
K3WBT-Z95HZ-FTT3J-BTTJB-ZFX63
C35JB-R9WSH-XBBJT-JJ33B-F3WFB
CBCJB-K9WHH-63JTJ-B3JJB-HT533
WTCTJ-J9CS9-RJJ33-T3J3B-BT9XH
5BWBT-RX5ZH-FJBJB-JBTJT-CRBWX

5 for each code, they helped me a bit in the endgame since i was having problems going solo and the drops didn't help at all

Widge

Hello ancient OT thread.

Can anyone give me some info on the PC split screen mod for this?

Do you know if it lets you have separate controller setups for each player? I'm inverse look, the lady is not.

Forward

Scarlette gets a soft tie for 1st with the Tiny Tina one? for me.

This is due exclusively to the Dahl guns. Dahl guns were my favorites, in BL1. The aftermarket ones in BL2 are just plain stupid busted good.

Hello ancient OT thread.

Can anyone give me some info on the PC split screen mod for this?

Do you know if it lets you have separate controller setups for each player? I'm inverse look, the lady is not.

I've done it before. It wasn't hard to set up. Here's the video that taught me to do it. It's not really a mod, just some settings. You can have separate controller setups, but the last one you enter is the one that is saved when you restart the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DndNP8i8h80

Top Bottom