• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

chemicals

I'm playing this right now and I'm having trouble getting into it... LOVE Borderlands 1, there's just something off about this one - I'm still at the beginning though. Playing as a gunzerker. Maybe that's a shit class? I don't know.

moojito

I'm playing this right now and I'm having trouble getting into it... LOVE Borderlands 1, there's just something off about this one - I'm still at the beginning though. Playing as a gunzerker. Maybe that's a shit class? I don't know.

It definitely misses some of borderlands 1's character. The assassin is a fun class to play even at low levels, I'm finding.

Are there optional areas in this game? I've got a bunch of side quests for Lynchwood, but I usually don't head to a new area until after there's a story mission that sends me there.

Hit 61 last night. Now my life feels meaningless.

Are there optional areas in this game? I've got a bunch of side quests for Lynchwood, but I usually don't head to a new area until after there's a story mission that sends me there.

Lynchwood is really the only optional area, which is odd. My first playthrough, I didn't even know it existed.

GamerSoul

Hit 61 last night. Now my life feels meaningless.

Lynchwood is really the only optional area, which is odd. My first playthrough, I didn't even know it existed.

I still have not bought any of the DLC other than Gaige (who is awesome) so I'll be stuck at the level cap again. Yea and I stumbled into Lynchwood on accident the first time I went there. I was like: woah I'm I suppose to be here already? It was nice of them to add another optional area.

Halcyon

I tired many must fall the other day it was pretty fun but I imagine it's only good against weaker enemies.

No, you can pretty much destroy anything with it with the right gear/playstyle. Love thumper/rapier is enough to clear entire rooms.

Mistel

Banned
A sharing is caring with Gaige and the appropriate shields can literally clear levels solo I've got to level up 7 levels still till I hit max with her.

I hope the sequel would be just as enjoyable as this one has.

Beat the game earlier. It was decent. It's been a while since I played the first Borderlands, so I don't remember if it was a problem with that one as well, but I hated just fighting waves after waves of random enemies. Maybe throw some more bosses in there to break it up. If I hadn't been so close to the end I probably would have quit. And a personal plea from me if anyone from Gearbox reads this, please do not put any loaders in Borderlands 3. So tired of fighting them. I was also annoyed that the game throws a new quest at you after you beat it that's designed to be taken on by 4 level 50 players. I'd done all but 6 or 7 sidequests while playing through the game to get the trophy for completing all the quests, now it feels like I shouldn't have bothered. I have no real desire to get to level 50 and I'm not particularly interested in playing with other people either.

Hey guys,

Probably has been discussed to death already, but I'm wondering what the general consensus on the top 5 DLC for Borderlands 2? I mostly looking for levels and the like, not really interested on costumes/characters. Monster arenas and such perhaps, but only if they're *really* good (great loot and challenge).

Also, I guess getting the season pass is a better value, but I'm also guessing that it comes with a bunch of stuff that I won't really like (i.e. costumes, etc). Will I be better off buying the story/level DLCs separately?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Probably has been discussed to death already, but I'm wondering what the general consensus on the top 5 DLC for Borderlands 2? I mostly looking for levels and the like, not really interested on costumes/characters. Monster arenas and such perhaps, but only if they're *really* good (great loot and challenge).

Also, I guess getting the season pass is a better value, but I'm also guessing that it comes with a bunch of stuff that I won't really like (i.e. costumes, etc). Will I be better off buying the story/level DLCs separately?

Thanks!

The Season Pass contains the 4 main story DLCs and the first level cap increase only. It doesn't contain any costume/skin packs or DLC characters, so I'd say you'd be better off buying the Season Pass.

How do you freaking beat the slaughterhouse missions.

Everytime I finish half the waves there's a stupid rocket spamming asshole who spawns behind me and OHK's.

Laekon

I just started playing this thanks to Playstation Plus and it's pretty good so far. I have a commando up to level 14 but I'm wondering about the Mechromancer. Is the character worth it if your fps skills suck? I don't think I'll be up for a 2nd play through.

Step

I just started playing this thanks to Playstation Plus and it's pretty good so far. I have a commando up to level 14 but I'm wondering about the Mechromancer. Is the character worth it if your fps skills suck? I don't think I'll be up for a 2nd play through.

Actually the Mechro could be labelled as the best for not so great players in fps because of close enough+anarchy, I got the bad habit of shooting like there was no tomorrow without caring of aiming to my target because of how useful that skill is, It was hard to go back to actually aim while playing with a Gunzerker and Siren haha, Also DT is pretty boss and will save you a lot of times, don't underestimate him, you can cover DT, let him cover you or play as teammates. LBT skill tree is quite useful for the first 2 play through but I found it useless in UVHM.

GamerSoul

How do you freaking beat the slaughterhouse missions.

Everytime I finish half the waves there's a stupid rocket spamming asshole who spawns behind me and OHK's.

Oh man yea the saughterhouse missions are really tough solo I think I was able to complete it once. I usually try to find a safe corner where I wont get flanked much. Even with that it's tough solo, imo.

Dibbz

I'm struggling on Pistons big T-Rex machine in Torgues DLC. I'm assuming acid weapons are the best against him but i'm doing so little damage on my own. Any advice? I'm lvl 50 Gunzerker. The arena doesn't give much in the form of cover either.

I'm struggling on Pistons big T-Rex machine in Torgues DLC. I'm assuming acid weapons are the best against him but i'm doing so little damage on my own. Any advice? I'm lvl 50 Gunzerker. The arena doesn't give much in the form of cover either.

The entrance to the arena has a barricade you can hide behind and shoot him from. Plus you have the option to run back to the dispensers and buy more ammo.

It's a very annoying fight.

Inskipp

The red barrels attached to him seem to be his critical spots, so try aiming for those.

Laekon

Actually the Mechro could be labelled as the best for not so great players in fps because of close enough+anarchy, I got the bad habit of shooting like there was no tomorrow without caring of aiming to my target because of how useful that skill is, It was hard to go back to actually aim while playing with a Gunzerker and Siren haha, Also DT is pretty boss and will save you a lot of times, don't underestimate him, you can cover DT, let him cover you or play as teammates. LBT skill tree is quite useful for the first 2 play through but I found it useless in UVHM.
So I bought the character as I was enjoying the game for free. The pet is much stronger so far than the turret. I can find plenty of high level builds but is there any good place to find leveling builds?

Step

Welp I have no clue about where to find leveling builds, I can help you with anything if you want in PS3. If you are going for a tank DT, upshot robot is a must get first, explosive clap and robot rampage are really powerful and never use One Two boom, while it is a great aoe with all the chaos and -accuracy from anarchy you would pretty much never hit it and it is better to have a melee/stalker DT.

Be careful with The Stare + Buck up because they can glitch and DT might give the enemy shields or waste a ton of time "attacking you"(he cast the Stare on you but it doesn't hurt)

GamerSoul

I loved using Gaige but my reloading ocd made it VERY tough stack Anarchy lol. Even though I've played a lot of BL 2, I never really understood the 'builds' structure. Does it involve just combining certain attributes through weapons/items/etc?

Halcyon

I have farmed this boss for hours to get all the decent versions of the slow hand.

The easiest way for me was with a DPUH behind the stone wall at the entrance. The problem with this boss is that your bullets deflect and come back and hit you.

To get around this you sorta strafe back and forth from cover. The slower projectiles from the DPUH make the timing a little more forgiving.

As far as killing him in the arena, i'm not sure I have done it without some sort of cheesy overpowered loadout. He is an annoying boss.

hoggert

I loved using Gaige but my reloading ocd made it VERY tough stack Anarchy lol. Even though I've played a lot of BL 2, I never really understood the 'builds' structure. Does it involve just combining certain attributes through weapons/items/etc?

Unbinding the reload key or switching it to a different key/button does wonders lol. It is humorous hearing Gaige freak out when you accidentally drop a couple of hundred stacks though.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
What do you guys think about the likelihood of an Ultimate Edition release of Borderlands 2 that includes all the DLC? Bought the GOTY edition of the original Borderlands. I know the current GOTY for Borderlands 2 only has part of the DLC. There's a big sale right now on XBL for all the Borderlands 2 stuff and I'm considering finally biting while it's cheap. However, if they come out with a final, ultimate edition with all the DLC I'm going to kick myself.

GamerSoul

Unbinding the reload key or switching it to a different key/button does wonders lol. It is humorous hearing Gaige freak out when you accidentally drop a couple of hundred stacks though.

Im not sure if you can do that on the Xbox 360( i need to try it) but I think I was able to quickly switch weapons before but the time frame is really small. lol yea her reactions are spot-on.

What do you guys think about the likelihood of an Ultimate Edition release of Borderlands 2 that includes all the DLC? Bought the GOTY edition of the original Borderlands. I know the current GOTY for Borderlands 2 only has part of the DLC. There's a big sale right now on XBL for all the Borderlands 2 stuff and I'm considering finally biting while it's cheap. However, if they come out with a final, ultimate edition with all the DLC I'm going to kick myself.

Good question. I think I might wait and see myself. The GotY edition was $30 for a week or two on amazon but it went back up to $40. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for it.

Anyone kinda waiting or wanting to hear more info on the Pre-sequel? I'm hyped for it. I was lucky enough to buy BL1 on a whim when I seen BL2 in a preview at Gamestop. I thought it was a 3rd person shooter so luckily i did not do my research. The point is I was able to get BL2 right away but now I have to wait lol

Village

I could see it, maybe an xbonne and ps4 version. I dunno.

Also didn't know there was an OT for this, does anyone want to play ( on PC )

Laekon

I need to do this as I've lost all my stacks a few times trying to quickly loot a box.

thechemist

Sorry if this has been answered before, just started playing this (first time ever playing a Borderlands game, its fantastic), i decided to open my session and make it a public game, am I losing out anything by doing this, I faced flint and i noticed that the randoms I was playing with got the loot before me. I actually enjoy playing with randoms! So would the loss of loot which gets taken make the game harder for me?

TUSR

Banned
Sorry if this has been answered before, just started playing this (first time ever playing a Borderlands game, its fantastic), i decided to open my session and make it a public game, am I losing out anything by doing this, I faced flint and i noticed that the randoms I was playing with got the loot before me. I actually enjoy playing with randoms! So would the loss of loot which gets taken make the game harder for me?

i guess eventually you will get to road block in the game if you are not gearing up. but there should be a decent amount of drops aside from bosses.

GamerSoul

Yes you should be able to find some solid gear but it's always a good idea to try to go for some loot when you start to feel you're not taking enough damage. You can also sell the stuff you don't want to get some extra cash.

I like playing with randoms also when I'm just having fun and don't care too much about the loot. When you find a good team you can make some real progress.

FerranMG

I recently got back to the game and started playing all the DLC after reaching lvl 50 a year ago.
I'm playing UTVHM, trying to get to lvl 61 and:
- I'm lucky I managed to farm a Bee shield. UTVHM is impossible without it.
- I'm now lvl 52 and I haven't found a single worh-keeping weapon since I was lvl 50. Most of the unique weapons have terrible negative side-effects that make them unusable.

I've been using Moxxi's Bad Touch SMG and also a corrosive SMG as my main weapons.
Have never found a shotgun worth using.
I have a sniper rifle that I keep for that one time when I need to shoot someone from far away.
And a rocket launcher I use to get second winds.

Any ideas on where can I get some particular good weapons?
Playing as Maya.

NIN90

Getting back into this on PC and I heard it's somewhat recommended to slightly increase drop rates via Cheat Engine. So how do I go about this and what's a good value?

Chris R

What is save compatibility like across the platforms? I bought the base game on the 360 when it came out. I'd like to play that save file on my PC and Vita if possible...

Tabby

What is save compatibility like across the platforms? I bought the base game on the 360 when it came out. I'd like to play that save file on my PC and Vita if possible...

That might be possible with Gibbed? I'm not sure though.

So I'm playing this game after a year and a half so I've got a few questions.

1. Which Season 2 DLC's are worth it? I've got the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack 2 but is anything else worth it?

2. I'm starting a new character because I don't know what I'm doing on any of my max level characters. So when I finish playthrough 1, is it better to finish all sidequests and then move on to the next playthrough? or should I just move on immediately after I finish the boss?

3. Which items should I look out for?

Seanspeed

Banned
I guess I'm done with this game. I was on my 2nd playthrough and still had Sir Hammerlock and Tiny Tina's DLC to do. Started Sir Hammerlock's, figuring I'd save Tiny Tina's for near the end of this playthrough(save the best for last), but the game is just too difficult now. I cant even get past the first basic mission. It is quite impossible. I died like a dozen times where I'm supposed to protect Sir Hammerlock but there's no way in fucking hell I can beat these guys cuz they kill me in two hits and have the ability to stun me, the witch doctors take like a million shots to take down and I cant even phase lock them. I simply don't stand a chance whatsoever. I've been having trouble up to now, but this just takes the cake.

So yea, that's it for me. Shame, cuz I really love the series, but its quite obvious they balanced Borderlands 2 heavily for co-op, unlike the 1st, which was plenty fun and reasonable on your own.

Me too. I just got bored with the game, and playing it on PSlag doesn't help either. I might get into it more when I play the PC version.

I guess I'm done with this game. I was on my 2nd playthrough and still had Sir Hammerlock and Tiny Tina's DLC to do. Started Sir Hammerlock's, figuring I'd save Tiny Tina's for near the end of this playthrough(save the best for last), but the game is just too difficult now. I cant even get past the first basic mission. It is quite impossible. I died like a dozen times where I'm supposed to protect Sir Hammerlock but there's no way in fucking hell I can beat these guys cuz they kill me in two hits and have the ability to stun me, the witch doctors take like a million shots to take down and I cant even phase lock them. I simply don't stand a chance whatsoever. I've been having trouble up to now, but this just takes the cake.

So yea, that's it for me. Shame, cuz I really love the series, but its quite obvious they balanced Borderlands 2 heavily for co-op, unlike the 1st, which was plenty fun and reasonable on your own.

What char, level, weapons are you using? the scaling in the game is pretty fucked up, so that´s pretty important, and the chars all play pretty different from one another, are you using moxxi weapons? using slag? in tvhm in not´s essential but is pretty helpful

Seanspeed

Banned
What char, level, weapons are you using? the scaling in the game is pretty fucked up, so that´s pretty important, and the chars all play pretty different from one another, are you using moxxi weapons? using slag? in tvhm in not´s essential but is pretty helpful
Siren, level 36, using........well, a few different weapons(fire sniper rifle, pistol, explosive shotgun, explosive rifle). I'm not a hardcore player who farms for these legendary weapons, so advice that I should get 'weapon x' or whatever is pretty useless for me. I play solo and am fairly limited as to what I can get.

Trying to slag some enemies might be a strategy to look at, but my real problem is I cant survive long. I'm getting killed extremely quickly. The Witch Doctors take way too much punishment to be able to take down in a short amount of time and I cant survive long enough to kill them before all the other enemies are buffed and become super deadly on their own or I die. Either way, it literally doesn't feel possible. I might be able to get lucky and scrape through this one situation if I try a dozen more times, but if I have to come up against another confrontation like this, which I know I will(and god have mercy if I come up on a badass variant), I wont have the patience to do it another several dozen tries.

Top Bottom