• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Sofa King

Siren, level 36, using........well, a few different weapons(fire sniper rifle, pistol, explosive shotgun, explosive rifle). I'm not a hardcore player who farms for these legendary weapons, so advice that I should get 'weapon x' or whatever is pretty useless for me. I play solo and am fairly limited as to what I can get.

Trying to slag some enemies might be a strategy to look at, but my real problem is I cant survive long. I'm getting killed extremely quickly. The Witch Doctors take way too much punishment to be able to take down in a short amount of time and I cant survive long enough to kill them before all the other enemies are buffed and become super deadly on their own or I die. Either way, it literally doesn't feel possible. I might be able to get lucky and scrape through this one situation if I try a dozen more times, but if I have to come up against another confrontation like this, which I know I will(and god have mercy if I come up on a badass variant), I wont have the patience to do it another several dozen tries.
I know you said you play solo, but if you have the ability, you might open your game for co-op. If not, you might try rebuilding your skill tree and trying different things. I know there is one tree the slags the enemies with phase lock. The game is great in co-op though and I think the loot gets better too, which may help.

Siren, level 36, using........well, a few different weapons(fire sniper rifle, pistol, explosive shotgun, explosive rifle). I'm not a hardcore player who farms for these legendary weapons, so advice that I should get 'weapon x' or whatever is pretty useless for me. I play solo and am fairly limited as to what I can get.

Trying to slag some enemies might be a strategy to look at, but my real problem is I cant survive long. I'm getting killed extremely quickly. The Witch Doctors take way too much punishment to be able to take down in a short amount of time and I cant survive long enough to kill them before all the other enemies are buffed and become super deadly on their own or I die. Either way, it literally doesn't feel possible. I might be able to get lucky and scrape through this one situation if I try a dozen more times, but if I have to come up against another confrontation like this, which I know I will(and god have mercy if I come up on a badass variant), I wont have the patience to do it another several dozen tries.

I think you are severely underleveled, if i remember well in THVM all the DLCs are scalled to 50, you have nothing to do, you aren´t doing any kind of damage, any enemie more than to levels about you is gonna be more difficult, 14 levels above impossible, if you are on PC hit me in steam my ID is crowedman, i think i have some char in that levels, play trough the game to level up and then play the dlcs, all of them have pretty good weapons (some of the best) and almost all of them are easily obtained.

Search people to play with is more fun and there are pretty good sinergy between the chars if you now what you are doing, the siren is pretty good for mobing and just playing the game, she can do a lot of damage, if you play a lot solo, go down the cataclysm tree, reaper and ruin are amazing, anything that applies dots in that tree is not very good because of damage scaling and in UVHM are useless and in the motion tree you need converge to group the enemies that and chain reaction can make a lot of damage, the healing tree is useful playing co-op in solo with the moxxi weapons you are covered in that regard at least till you can put some points there

Seanspeed

Banned
Its definitely at the correct level. Enemies are level 36-37, while I'm at level 36.

I looked up some stuff and apparently I'm not the only one that has difficulty with this DLC. Lots of people saying the Witch Doctors are not only incredibly difficult on their own, but also buff the enemies around them, making for a really frustrating experience, which is definitely my exact experience.

I think I'm going to leave and maybe skip this for a little while. Come back in a couple levels maybe, hopefully with better weapons, too. Even the fight a bit.

I enjoy playing alone and at my own pace, but yea, I should probably give online a try at some point. I know that's where the best loot comes from.

Its definitely at the correct level. Enemies are level 36-37, while I'm at level 36.

I looked up some stuff and apparently I'm not the only one that has difficulty with this DLC. Lots of people saying the Witch Doctors are not only incredibly difficult on their own, but also buff the enemies around them, making for a really frustrating experience, which is definitely my exact experience.

I think I'm going to leave and maybe skip this for a little while. Come back in a couple levels maybe, hopefully with better weapons, too. Even the fight a bit.

I enjoy playing alone and at my own pace, but yea, I should probably give online a try at some point. I know that's where the best loot comes from.

Don´t play co-op for the loot is crap, if you have some golden keys go to the chest in sanctuary with a little luck you can get some plasma casters, i like tediore and hyperion specially, if not tip moxxi´s jar with 100 $ till she gave you the good touch, the savages with the shields have no crit points but fire works well againts them, the lascaux is a pretty good SMG too you can find it in frost burn canyon you can find one everytime you enter FBC at your current level , you can use a singularity grenade to group them phaselock the WD and start shooting the crap out of them, try to find a good rocket launcher for seconds winds, and use phaselock a lot, a cat mod will increase your dps with the SMG s a lot , you can also play the torgue DLC and farm the ballroom bar for tokens, is faster an easier in normal and farm the torgue machines for a double penetrating unkempt harold, is one of the best weapons in the game, don´t use ARs, almost of all them suck and the few that doesn´t aren´t the best suited for Maya, she is also good with snipers rifles because of reaper, the best weapon in the game is the pimpernel you can get it easily in the first DLC is a mission reward, the vladof snipers are pretty good the maliwan too, you should also get a rubi, or a grog nozzle the rubi heals you for a 12,5% and the Grog 65% of the damage done while holding it, you can cast phaselock with ruin and heal yourself, or throw a grenade or set them on fire, you see where i´m going, you have to abuse the mechanichs this game is harder than the first one by a lot, and UVHM and the op levels are really fun , the enemies regen health, the attacks with dots are useless, slag is almost mandatory, wich remembers me that i should finally level my sniper Zero to 72, and start the op levels with maya one of this days

AlexBasch

Okay, I remember playing Borderlands 1 to the hell and back and I bought 2 around...this time of the year or something, but I haven't really progressed in it because I'm not used to play alone and I don't know anyone to play with.

So, here's a couple of questions.

How you're supposed to behave in co-op? Not grabbing any weapons and leave them for the host? Isn't that the point of playing co-op? That powerful guns show up or something? I have been hosting randoms a couple of times and they wiped some stuff so I was racing against them to get some weapons back.

I really liked playing BL1 but I feel like I'm wasting BL2 by going on my own and it's one of the main reasons I won't buy the next one.

Village

The more people in co op the stronger and the better the loot is. As far as behavior goes, as long as you haven't specifically requested an item like " i am farming these varkids to get chubbies for that color " then people just generally pick up stuff.

Also I am trying to figure out why you are expecting randoms in any loot based game to respect your loot. You should never expect that.

If you want someone to play with, I play on PC if you can do that.

If you need help finding something I have fairly high level characters to just breeze though whatever you need.

AlexBasch

Also I am trying to figure out why you are expecting randoms in any loot based game to respect your loot. You should never expect that.
I was playing in PS3 one day and this guy opened a chest, didn't pick anything up and left hey, there was a cool SMG, so I picked it up and then I got kicked from the game receiving messages of 'fucking thief' and 'respect the loot fgt'.

Looked it up and read it's almost as bad as not bowing in Dark Souls PVP. :p I was quite surprised to be honest, I have no idea how loot works here.

I'm on 360/PS3, but heck, since I already got both I might get it during the Steam sale to have a third version in which I haven't progressed past the two hour mark or so, haha. Thanks for the offering though, I'll bother you if I get that version. :p

Village

I was playing in PS3 one day and this guy opened a chest, didn't pick anything up and left hey, there was a cool SMG, so I picked it up and then I got kicked from the game receiving messages of 'fucking thief' and 'respect the loot fgt'.

Looked it up and read it's almost as bad as not bowing in Dark Souls PVP. :p I was quite surprised to be honest, I have no idea how loot works here.

I'm on 360/PS3, but heck, since I already got both I might get it during the Steam sale to have a third version in which I haven't progressed past the two hour mark or so, haha. Thanks for the offering though, I'll bother you if I get that version. :p

You might have been playing with weird people I don't play with too many people much any more, most of the people I play with I met through mutual Borderlands friends. And they helped me level up and junk .

Cool, hit me up if you ever wanna play on PC.

Anyone else feel free aswell.

Right now I am farming terraphormus for a helmet, and chubbies/tubbies for a color.

Booshka

Been playing a lot of this on 360 with a friend lately. Gunzerker with Dual Jakob's Quads Moneyshot and the Chaotic Evil Monk Mod is unreal. I only picked up the first leveling pack and Tiny Tina's DLC, but might pick up the next level pack as well. Haven't heard good things about the other DLC's, outside of them having some good loot.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Been playing a lot of this on 360 with a friend lately. Gunzerker with Dual Jakob's Quads Moneyshot and the Chaotic Evil Monk Mod is unreal. I only picked up the first leveling pack and Tiny Tina's DLC, but might pick up the next level pack as well. Haven't heard good things about the other DLC's, outside of them having some good loot.

Hammerlock's was meh, but I thought Captain Scarlett's and Mr. Torgue's were also really enjoyable.

Revson

They all bring interesting new loot to the table. Hammerlock's is definitely the weakest one, but Captain Scarlet's and Torgue's are fairly enjoyable and introduce some cool new raid bosses.

Sofa King

Okay, I remember playing Borderlands 1 to the hell and back and I bought 2 around...this time of the year or something, but I haven't really progressed in it because I'm not used to play alone and I don't know anyone to play with.

So, here's a couple of questions.

How you're supposed to behave in co-op? Not grabbing any weapons and leave them for the host? Isn't that the point of playing co-op? That powerful guns show up or something? I have been hosting randoms a couple of times and they wiped some stuff so I was racing against them to get some weapons back.

I really liked playing BL1 but I feel like I'm wasting BL2 by going on my own and it's one of the main reasons I won't buy the next one.
Played a fair amount of coop on the 360 and never got booted for that. Loot whatever you want. Either that or open your own game up and enjoy the increased loot pool and help in progression through the game.

Figured this would be an okay place to ask. So, the Vita version of BL2 got me hooked on the series. I started playing BL2 on my computer (keep in mind I have never really played games on my pc before) and to my surprise it ran perfectly. Hooked up my PS4 controller and did some silly stuff with that and the result is an awesome gaming experience.
My question is this: Are the chances I'll be able to play the pre sequel on the same computer well good? Or am I probably out of luck. I thought I got pretty lucky - my computer is just the laptop my University throws at all their film students.

Figured this would be an okay place to ask. So, the Vita version of BL2 got me hooked on the series. I started playing BL2 on my computer (keep in mind I have never really played games on my pc before) and to my surprise it ran perfectly. Hooked up my PS4 controller and did some silly stuff with that and the result is an awesome gaming experience.
My question is this: Are the chances I'll be able to play the pre sequel on the same computer well good? Or am I probably out of luck. I thought I got pretty lucky - my computer is just the laptop my University throws at all their film students.

I would assume that you could, there´s not next gen version announced so i suposse the requirements are not gonna be high, also is gonna be, from what i know, smaller than BL2 in scope.

My Steam ID is thefourthman, i don´t have to much time lately but BL2 is always installed on my pc if you wanna play some co-op

Finished the game yesterday. W H O W.
Great experience overall. A lot of fun. The game ran so good on my PC (everything maxed out).

Clocked in at ~42 hours. It was a three player co op for the first 15 hours, after that one friend bailed and I finished the game with the other friend.
I'm a lvl 33 Siren, friend's a lvl 34 Mechromancer.

We finished the main game and (we think) all of the side quests.
Now onto DLCs.

This is the correct order, I assume?

1. Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
2. Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
3. Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
4. Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

We have all the content except the last two that came out in the last 3-4 months (will get them on the Steam Summer Sale).

The only criticism that I have, so far, is that the loot is mostly crap. :(
Very few interesting and high-damage dealing guns so far.
After 40+ hours and a very detailed playthrough, it's hard not to be disappointed.
Is all the "good stuff" in the DLCs, especially the Ultimate Vault Hunter?

Also, I didn't do any specific Maya build. Any good recommendations on what to focus going into the DLCs?

NEO0MJ

Now that the game is on sale I'm really tempted to pick it up but I have to ask first, how good is it if you play it solo?

Tabby

Now that the game is on sale I'm really tempted to pick it up but I have to ask first, how good is it if you play it solo?

It's fun for the first two playthroughs but everything after that isn't fun, it becomes clear that the game is made for co-op with enemies just soaking up bullets.

Damn, just discovered the whole shift code business and I feel like it's almost ruined the game for me, in a way. I feel like a lot of the fun for me was finding like, a blue revolver and loving it. Now I have like 4 purple weapons after entering one code.

Maybe I'll just keep myself from using them.

Voror

Huh, so doing another run through on the PS3 this time, but ran into an odd thing. When I first played this I farmed a bit at the Dry Docks in Three Level Divide as it had a nice chest and some good powered enemies and two Badass ones. But I've gone through a few times and the Badasses have not come back at all.

Was this changed in a patch so they don't respawn or is something off?

Especially at this price. Get the GOTY edition.
It has tons of DLC, and pick up the rest too, they're cheap now.
This is definitely a co-op a game first and foremost. It's a lot of fun playing with friends.
Solo's not bad either, but it's not the same experience. Co-op >>>>>> solo for Borderlands.
My $0.02.

AlexBasch

Bought Borderlands 2 GOTY in the Steam sales.

Got in match making and found a group of three with good connection. I get messages of "gtfo this is private", "leave" and "get the fuck out" at least three times.

Why not make your sessions private then? FML.

Got in match making and found a group of three with good connection. I get messages of "gtfo this is private", "leave" and "get the fuck out" at least three times.

You and I are actually friends now after the mass friending from the sales thread yesterday. If you want to play, I'm still trying to make my way through the game. It's incredibly frustrating with crappy guns and playing solo. Steam name is same as gaf name.

I'm usually on nights anywhere from 7-11PM EST, and then random on the weekends.

LogicStep

Got the GOTY from Steam Sale, I didn't care nor liked the first game at all. Don't know what it is but this one has me fucking hooked. All I think about is getting home and playing. Going through it with a friend and the game is a blast. Steam says I've played for 6 hours and there is still so much to see, I'm still in the first area.

You and I are actually friends now after the mass friending from the sales thread yesterday. If you want to play, I'm still trying to make my way through the game. It's incredibly frustrating with crappy guns and playing solo. Steam name is same as gaf name.

I'm usually on nights anywhere from 7-11PM EST, and then random on the weekends.

You guys want to group up each week on this? Would love to chip away slowly on BL2. (East coast)

Raide

Got back into this after a friend got the GOTY edition on Steam. Back to being addicted to loot. :D

Just done the Torque DLC. Funny stuff, Progressing through the rest now. Psycho is pretty fun but some of the skill trees just see pointless. Making me die faster seems like a bad idea.

I picked this up during the summer steam sale and have been co-oping with my bro. He picked axton, and I went with zero. I have to say, that I'm not really enjoying this sniper/melee focused class for co-op.

If I try and sit back and snipe I feel taken out of the action. Not to mention that most of the enemies are dead by axton's turret before I can acquire a target. I realize that I don't have to stick just to sniper rifles, but it only makes sense to focus on them if I'm going to be adding skill points that boost sniper.

I also don't really feel that zero's special ability is that useful for co-op. Once again, while I sit back and wait for the timer to tick down, most of the enemies are already dead. Basically I just can't seem to kill enemies fast enough to be useful as a co-op partner. Am I missing something with this class? Does anybody have any suggestions for a co-op zero, or maybe recommend another class that I should try?

anyone want to play on ps3 with me? i'm level 12 gunzerker.

i heard this game is much better co-op / with a friend and I have no one....been solo'ing so far.

Seanspeed

Banned
Spent over half an hour fighting the boss of the Tiny Tina DLC. Died when it had like 1/4 life left.

I'll be damned if I'm going to do that again. This is something where I feel the developers simply don't value my time whatsoever. Absolute horseshit.

I'm officially done with this game. I was having a great time with the DLC, too. But this was just a big old slap in the fucking face.

Jezbollah

I picked this up during the summer steam sale and have been co-oping with my bro. He picked axton, and I went with zero. I have to say, that I'm not really enjoying this sniper/melee focused class for co-op.

If I try and sit back and snipe I feel taken out of the action. Not to mention that most of the enemies are dead by axton's turret before I can acquire a target. I realize that I don't have to stick just to sniper rifles, but it only makes sense to focus on them if I'm going to be adding skill points that boost sniper.

I also don't really feel that zero's special ability is that useful for co-op. Once again, while I sit back and wait for the timer to tick down, most of the enemies are already dead. Basically I just can't seem to kill enemies fast enough to be useful as a co-op partner. Am I missing something with this class? Does anybody have any suggestions for a co-op zero, or maybe recommend another class that I should try?

Zero really doesnt come into his own until around level 50. Then you get in the realms of chaining melee attacks with your special - get the right build and it's stupid fun.

For co-op with your buddy, with him being Axton, I would recommend you try the Siren. best class in the game IMO. So much fun both solo and co-op.

how necessary is it for me to do all the side missions??

I find myself playing them more than the story missions....but it's taking too long

if i just do the story missions will I be too weak to beat the main game? will I miss my chance at doing the side missions if I skip them or will i be able to go back?

suggestions?

Sofa King

how necessary is it for me to do all the side missions??

I find myself playing them more than the story missions....but it's taking too long

if i just do the story missions will I be too weak to beat the main game? will I miss my chance at doing the side missions if I skip them or will i be able to go back?

suggestions?

I believe the story missions tell you what level it is intended for (I know side missions do) so if you are under leveled just do a few side missions. At the very least the enemies in the story missions should give you a good indication of what level you should be.

And yes, if you skip the side missions, you can go back. The nice thing about that is that if you do a side mission after the story, the rewards you get are leveled up to the max for that play through.

reKon

Banned
I don't have any friends to Co-op this game with ATM and the few servers I joined was a little laggy. What's the best way to do this if I want to play some co-op?

Also, when you do co-op, does the game adjust the difficulty and make it slighty tougher?

If anyone on PS3 does want to play, I have a level 9 Commando. Got to Pandora and I'm about to start all those missions. I'm going to try to play the shit out of this because I won't be touching it once Destiny comes out.

So I don't know if anyone can help but it's worth a try. My buddy bought borderlands 2 from steam and we were going to coop together. Problem is, when he hits play in the launcher the game doesn't start and stays open as a process in task manager and won't end unless you wait like 5 minutes after tying to end it. I can play the game no problem and we even have the same brand of computer although mine is a bit more powerful. We tried probably 10 fixes that we found online and nothing worked. Anyone seen this problem before and has actually fixed it?

Hzoltan69

Anybody still playing this on PC? I'm about to finish my first playthrough and would like to team up with some ppl for the second (and third) ones. I don't like the idea of joining random games though, I'd rather have a team I can play with regularly. Anybody interested?

BouncyFrag

I just finished the game and went straight into vault hunter mode and now want to play the dlc. Is there a prefered order to do the 4 expansions or does it not really matter?

Mal'ice

Neo Member
Anybody still playing this on PC? I'm about to finish my first playthrough and would like to team up with some ppl for the second (and third) ones. I don't like the idea of joining random games though, I'd rather have a team I can play with regularly. Anybody interested?

Sure, feel free to had me, alias Tuknahr.

Been playing again. Ported my characters from 360 to PC. I have a buddy that I've been doing co-op with. Waiting for Ultimate Vault Hunter mode for Tiny Tina's Assault.

Anyone have any concrete info on head drop rates from henry etc? Farming him is a bitch and I need to know if the vault hunter relic is hurting or helping me.

Jezbollah

Anyone have any concrete info on head drop rates from henry etc? Farming him is a bitch and I need to know if the vault hunter relic is hurting or helping me.

Wow, that's quite some bump.

Vault Hunter relic has no effect with legendaries. It mostly benefits getting a higher rate of blues rather than greens if I remember.

Actually, this bump is quite timely - The Handsome Collection comes out soon on PS4/XB1

Wow, that's quite some bump.

Vault Hunter relic has no effect with legendaries. It mostly benefits getting a higher rate of blues rather than greens if I remember.

Actually, this bump is quite timely - The Handsome Collection comes out soon on PS4/XB1

The head is purple from Henry.

Anyone playing this right now. I need someone on new game plus to help me level up. Want to play the DLC which I never got to play and finish on PS3. I would really be gratefull if some of you guys invited me over. You can pm me for info.

So apparently Krieg is the only one with 2 legendary class mods while everyone else has several. Plus he can't get some level specific challenges. Seriously, go fuck yourself Gearbox.

EDIT: Nevermind, he has some 61+ stuff.

If I've just completed the "A Train to Catch" mission, am I about half-way through? I've played the game before, but only got about this far then, too.

I also plan to do all of the DLC, and have finished a lot of the side quests.

If I've just completed the "A Train to Catch" mission, am I about half-way through? I've played the game before, but only got about this far then, too.

I also plan to do all of the DLC, and have finished a lot of the side quests.

You still have a lot to play, I think you aren't halfway

Top Bottom