• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

Stanng243

What levels are recommended for the Who You Gonna call trophy? It's been pretty hard to put together a group for that so far.

hydruxo

I wish Gearbox would put a patch out that fixes the screen tearing in TPS. I've been playing Bloodborne the last few days but I want to go through TPS soon.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyone have any experience of bugs with the Captain Scarlett DLC? Especially the
kill toothless Terry
mission?

I can't manage to activate the gate, pulling the lever does nothing. Have tried restarting the mission and it happens every time I play through it

Playing it now myself and killed off that character and ran into no problems. That area is a bit of a pain since it forces you to follow a very direct loop to reach that guy. The gate you may be referring may only open from the other side, as there is only a single direct route to him despite looking as if there are two entrances to his area. The long route is required.

Good DLC so far, still annoying that certain sidequests only appear after clearing out the area from a main quest(forcing a revisit...BL2 did that constantly too). Really looking forward to eventually playing through the others.

Celcius

°Temp. member
How does TPS compare to Borderlands 2? Is it a big drop off in quality? Is the level design as memorable?

It's fun but still not as good as Borderlands 2. The new cryo and laser weapons are cool and slag has been removed, but the whole game takes place on the moon with similar looking levels whereas Borderlands 2 had diverse environments. Also, BL2 had 4 campaign DLCs whereas TPS only has 1. Butt slams and double jumps are welcome gameplay additions, but BL2 had the better story.

Blunoise

I was not really digging this game at first, but after playing with randoms and going through more of story. I can appreciate its charm and enjoying it ALOT more

petghost

Banned
Man I can't imagine playing bl2 in uvhm and above without a save editor. The concept of grinding for the same loot you got but 10 levels higher or whatever just seems like insanity especially with that games drop rates.

Jezbollah

Man I can't imagine playing bl2 in uvhm and above without a save editor. The concept of grinding for the same loot you got but 10 levels higher or whatever just seems like insanity especially with that games drop rates.

Shift codes are your friend.

Anyone know if you can still jump past the door in the final boss room from the Scarlett's booty dlc to get the chests?

I only ask because I find it oddly relaxing to listen to that room's music while checking out what different guns I can find.

Jblanks

Supposedly Gearbox is buffing the legendary loot rate drops for good, and will be testing out different percentages over the next few weeks.

DPUH + Bee Shield = UVHM a lot easier.

mike4001_

Supposedly Gearbox is buffing the legendary loot rate drops for good, and will be testing out different percentages over the next few weeks.

DPUH + Bee Shield = UVHM a lot easier.

So is it then possible for us normal humans to find a legendary weapon ?

I played BL2 through twice and found only one legendary at the level of around 40 ...

But I did not farm and without legendary had obviously no chance to kill a raid boss.

Jblanks

So is it then possible for us normal humans to find a legendary weapon ?

I played BL2 through twice and found only one legendary at the level of around 40 ...

But I did not farm and without legendary had obviously no chance to kill a raid boss.

Hopefully. Still RNG involved of course.

My little bro manged to find 4 legendaries by the time he hit level 20 throughout these last few days.

mike4001_

Hopefully. Still RNG involved of course.

My little bro manged to find 4 legendaries by the time he hit level 20 throughout these last few days.

Well that sounds promising :)

Will wait for 1-2 patches (game seems to have some pretty annoying bugs) and then start playing with a friend of mine in coop :)

It's fun but still not as good as Borderlands 2. The new cryo and laser weapons are cool and slag has been removed, but the whole game takes place on the moon with similar looking levels whereas Borderlands 2 had diverse environments. Also, BL2 had 4 campaign DLCs whereas TPS only has 1. Butt slams and double jumps are welcome gameplay additions, but BL2 had the better story.

I could see slag returning in 3 but only within barrels. I didn't care for slag myself.

RexNovis

Banned
So what is the framerate like on PS4? I'm debating picking it up but only if the framerate is rock solid. I've already played both titles on PS3 so it would mostly just be for the performance/graphics bump more than anything else.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So what is the framerate like on PS4? I'm debating picking it up but only if the framerate is rock solid. I've already played both titles on PS3 so it would mostly just be for the performance/graphics bump more than anything else.

The framerate is mostly rock solid. Yes, there are dips, but don't believe the bullshit hyperbole from GAF. Its over 60 fps I'd say 95% of the time.

However, The Pre-sequel does have some pretty bad screen tearing.

Borderlands 2 is mostly rock solid.

I made it to the Wildlife Preserve set of missions but haven't entered yet. I'm level 29 right now and doing the Pirate DLC. I just finished Torques stuff. Should I just do all the DLC before moving the story forward? I don't plan on doing a second play through.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I made it to the Wildlife Preserve set of missions but haven't entered yet. I'm level 29 right now and doing the Pirate DLC. I just finished Torques stuff. Should I just do all the DLC before moving the story forward? I don't plan on doing a second play through.

Play it anyway you want. There is no right or wrong way.

However, you will likely find yourself overleveled when you do the main campaign.

Jezbollah

If you had no DLC you would have likely finished the main BL2 storyline (in playthrough 1) by the time you hit the late 20s in level....

RexNovis

Banned
The framerate is mostly rock solid. Yes, there are dips, but don't believe the bullshit hyperbole from GAF. Its over 60 fps I'd say 95% of the time.

Awesome! Cheers for the tip off.

KanameYuuki

Huh, so Am I the only one not being able to watch "Undiscovered Missions" listed on any fast travel station in the Pre Sequel or did they screwed it up and forgot to add that feature like in BL2?

El_Chino

Can_i_get_a_hallelujah.gif

Excellent. I started to doubt a patch was coming.

I tried playing TPS (XB1) for a bit last night as a change of pace, but I couldn't stand it for long.

Is anyone having trouble connecting to Shift from the PS4? I went to Shift and it says it's linked to my PSN but the actual game has a problem

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Awesome!

Wonder if Gearbox is pissed at Armeture for how TPS turned out, as Iron Galaxy did a great job on BL2
I doubt they're pissed. It's not THAT bad, although it is baffling that the screen tearing issue made it through quality controls.

Volition on the otherhand should be pissed for the terribly job High Voltage did on Saints Row IV ReElected. Frame drops like no other. Frequent lock ups requiring hard resets.

ironcreed

Banned
Having a great time getting back into Borderlands 2 after only playing a few hours of it on PS3. It just sort of got lost in the shuffle and I never got back to it, which makes remasters like this a good thing indeed.

I doubt they're pissed. It's not THAT bad, although it is baffling that the screen tearing issue made it through quality controls.

Volition on the otherhand should be pissed for the terribly job High Voltage did on Saints Row IV ReElected. Frame drops like no other. Frequent lock ups requiring hard resets.

Very true

It's amazing High Voltage STILL gets work

Kadin

Has anyone gone back to BL2/TPS on prev gen after playing THC for a while? I didn't think it would be a big step back but man oh man, is it. I'm just as unhappy as everyone else with the performance hiccups on TPS but BL2 is just so good. Amazing how I didn't have any issues with BL2 on 360 until now... lol

What? I can't be playing the same game as you. The only time it seems like even B2 is a rock solid 60fps is when there are less than like 3 enemies on screen. Ps4 version here. It's not game breaking, but it definitely falls in the 30's and even sometimes the 20's at times.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
What? I can't be playing the same game as you. The only time it seems like even B2 is a rock solid 60fps is when there are less than like 3 enemies on screen. Ps4 version here. It's not game breaking, but it definitely falls in the 30's and even sometimes the 20's at times.
I guess not. It was buttery smooth most of the time.

ironcreed

Banned
I am now about as far as I got on PS3 (rescuing Roland mission) and the Borderlands bug has really bit me this time. Looking forward to playing the hell out of this.

Jblanks

Anyone have any troubles playing with friend(s) on PS4 ?

These last few days it's been nearly impossible to play with my friend. We've tried doing all the restart game/router,etc. I have the digital version and he has the physical version, which I'm starting to think somehow that's the problem...

Didn't realize that there were 75 golden keys up for grabs with the loyalty rewards. Thinking about firing up my PS3 and buying a used copy and moving a level 1 save to my PS4 verision. Anyone know if there was a date these transfers had to be done by?

JoRo

I actually enjoyed the pre-sequel more than BL2, but not by much. The low gravity, double jumping (boosting), cryo weapons (by far my favorite element now), laser weapons, and butt slams are a lot of fun. The story is weaker than BL2 and the DLC packs aren't as good, but I do like how they tie certain things together with 2, like (without spoiling anything) threshers, Jack's background, what certain characters were doing between 1 and 2,etc..

I play on PS4, psn name is JoRo1986 if anyone is interested in playing some co-op with me! I'm on nightly around 8pm central time and use a headset. You really have to play this with friends to get the most out of it. I hate paying by myself but don't trust randoms plus they go off and do their own thing.

Top Bottom