• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

SerTapTap

Hoping to max this out on my new 970.

Unless you're trying 4K it should be no problem, throw in some downsampling too. I can run BL2 maxed at 1080p/60 on my 6950, I can't imagine this one is that much different, it's the same engine and targeting the same console gen.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'll probably wait a bit on this. I loved BL2, but I also loved getting it and all the DLC super cheap a few months after it came out.

Kadin

Should I expect the game to be better or worse since it wasn't developed in-house at Gearbox? Since 2K was the primary dev with Gearbox assisting, how do you think this should stack up with the previous two games? Really on the fence with this since I absolutely loved the first but thought the 2nd wasn't nearly as good. I know that's not a popular opinion so don't tear into me too bad.

Should I expect the game to be better or worse since it wasn't developed in-house at Gearbox? Since 2K was the primary dev with Gearbox assisting, how do you think this should stack up with the previous two games? Really on the fence with this since I absolutely loved the first but thought the 2nd wasn't nearly as good. I know that's not a popular opinion so don't tear into me too bad.

the team that is making this made the tiny tina dlc for borderlands 2 I believe, which was the best one.

SerTapTap

the team that is making this made the tiny tina dlc for borderlands 2 I believe, which was the best one.

Do different teams make the DLCs or something? Half of them are always great and half of them are always terrible to medicore. I can already guess half the DLC will be like Torgue & Knoxx and half will be like Scarlett and Dr. Ned

KanameYuuki

Well from what I have seen, 2K AUS took pretty much every step in the right direction, better scaling , skills trees that feel really different one from another, more mobility options, new gun type, loot grinder. Just as you said, I also think BL1 is a better game overall and that's why I'm exited for TPS, it looks like the sequel BL2 should have been.

I'll probably get this during the Steam holiday sale, knowing how cheap these games get after a while. I think I'm starting to get burned out on Borderlands, though.

TomShoe

Banned
Someone needs to throw up a "Port Begging = Ban" tag on the title.

My friend is so hyped for this. I'm pretty meh, but I enjoyed BL2.

Do different teams make the DLCs or something? Half of them are always great and half of them are always terrible to medicore. I can already guess half the DLC will be like Torgue & Knoxx and half will be like Scarlett and Dr. Ned

I think all of the bl2 story dlc's were given to other studios to make, not 100% sure though

Pretty sure Tiny Tina was done by Gearbox. The other 3 campaigns were done by either Triptych or the Workshop.

oh...in the recent developer diary for this game, they talked about work they did on the tiny tina dlc. They might have used that as a reference to bringing new stuff to the series as a whole

SerTapTap

I think Borderlands 2 was a vastly superior game in the first playthrough, but playthrough 2 and 2.5 in BL1 was a much better experience in terms of gameplay. If this is all the good stuff of BL2 and the more sane, non-bulletsponge, throw-out-your-guns-every-other-level postgame it could be a real gem.

I really, really hope elemental DOT remains viable all through the later playthroughs, That bugged me the most about the bulletsponge-ness. I always play Siren and it's really not the same if I can't unload on some, then stop once they're about to burn up and leave them to die to the DOT. The most satisfying thing ever.
That and the screams. The glorious screams.

I think all of the bl2 story dlc's were given to other studios to make, not 100% sure though

Yeah I know they usually farm out a bit, but wondered if one team was responsible for the likes of Knoxx, Torgue and Tina (I guess Tina was because of gearbox). Knox was sogood.gif

edit: has anyone been brave enough to use DL Gamer? I want it but I'm on the fence if it's worth the risk over GMG

KanameYuuki

I was mainly a shock/ DT oriented Mechro and it was such a shame how that build became useless the more I played, it was really fun in playthrough 1 and then I had to be another anarchy oriented mechro.

I'm really hyped for Cryo weapons, Ice is my favorite kind of element. but I'm so salty that even when I pre-order a game I'll get it like a week later if I'm lucky.

sunnz

Cant wait, love me some borderlands.

Kinds wish they added jet packs in or hoverboards... I love them

Any idea of how big the game will be in terms of size of each location?

The characters look a bit... meh.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Day one for me since Borderlands 2 was awesome and I desperately need to play a competent loot mp game after Destiny.

Maddog

My girlfriend made me pick Athena. I'm about 2 hours in and not really liking that choice but I don't really want to play through the beginning again. Gahhh.

iFirez

Super excited for this. BL and BL2 are some of my favorite games in recent memory. I'm a solo player usually and still get a huge kick out of them.

I'd stayed away from many of the videos and class stuff just to avoid spoilers bu this OT got my SUPER excited. I was originally set on Claptrap but his Action Skill sounds... annoying to say the least. Nisha and Athena have way more promise IMO, it's just a shame that Claptrap gets the 'classic BL feel' with the only use of his oxygen been for the jetpacks. But maybe that's why going for one of the other three characters would be more interesting... the new gameplay element of oxygen is a key one and might really spice up the gameplay.

Oh also, might want to make a note on the release date on the OT, it's 14th in NA but 16th AUS and 17th EU inc. UK.
-- It's a pet peeve of mine that really annoys me when companies don't do world wide releases, shame its for one of my most anticipated games this year.

Kadin

Cant wait, love me some borderlands.

Kinds wish they added jet packs in or hoverboards... I love them

Any idea of how big the game will be in terms of size of each location?

The characters look a bit... meh.
Cant comment on per area but I think Randy said it would be between 1 & 2 in overall size.

Dunlop

Someone needs to throw up a "Port Begging = Ban" tag.
I've never really understood this expression here.

Is it just like it sounds where someone posts they wish it was on a different platform and if so then why would that be bannable?

Orayn

I've never really understood this expression here.

Is it just like it sounds where someone posts they wish it was on a different platform and if so then why would that be bannable?

In the best case scenario, it's a low content post. It's also pretty likely to derail a thread into platform arguments and coordinated whining. There's just not much good that comes of it when it's the only thing you have to say.

Dunlop

In the best case scenario, it's a low content post. It's also pretty likely to derail a thread into platform arguments and coordinated whining. There's just not much good that comes of it when it's the only thing you have to say.
Makes sense, thanks!

cHinzo

I think Borderlands 2 was a vastly superior game in the first playthrough, but playthrough 2 and 2.5 in BL1 was a much better experience in terms of gameplay. If this is all the good stuff of BL2 and the more sane, non-bulletsponge, throw-out-your-guns-every-other-level postgame it could be a real gem.

I really, really hope elemental DOT remains viable all through the later playthroughs, That bugged me the most about the bulletsponge-ness. I always play Siren and it's really not the same if I can't unload on some, then stop once they're about to burn up and leave them to die to the DOT. The most satisfying thing ever.
That and the screams. The glorious screams.[/
From what I've seen in the trailers, DoT does more damage than normal gun shots. The scaling is more like Borderlands 1 than Borderlands 2.

I'm so stoked for the game. Too bad Europe needs to wait three days more. ;___;

Xeroblade

Destiny left me with a bad taste in my mouth, looking for a game that actually has loot in it. I think i may have found it.

Kadin

Destiny left me with a bad taste in my mouth, looking for a game that actually has loot in it. I think i may have found it.
Seeing this a lot. And I agree every time I read it. Still really mad how that game turned out but that's for another thread.

Kaldea

I'll get this eventually. Still burned out on Borderlands after all the farming/grinding in 2. I just don't find the playable characters interesting, but I'm sure that will change whenever I do get the chance to play it.

Xeroblade

Seeing this a lot. And I agree every time I read it. Still really mad how that game turned out but that's for another thread.

Yep, but I told myself i wouldnt touch another borderlands until Borderlands 3 and after reading the OT and watching gameplay, I am finally building up some hype!

BigDug13

oh...in the recent developer diary for this game, they talked about work they did on the tiny tina dlc. They might have used that as a reference to bringing new stuff to the series as a whole

I think they were referencing how the story is told. Your first playthrough is Athena or someone recounting the story. Playthrough 2 is Tiny Tina's version which is more challenging.

SerTapTap

From what I've seen in the trailers, DoT does more damage than normal gun shots. The scaling is more like Borderlands 1 than Borderlands 2.

I'm so stoked for the game. Too bad Europe needs to wait three days more. ;___;

That sounds great. By playthrough 3 you had amazingly flat DoT, like 4k DOT on a 20k damage gun. Just pathetic. It's bad enough they nerfed the Hellfire. I mean, it probably deserved a nerf but...shit that was a fun gun. Still pretty good in playthrough 1 on BL2

I think they were referencing how the story is told. Your first playthrough is Athena or someone recounting the story. Playthrough 2 is Tiny Tina's version which is more challenging.

yea, but they said something like "It really showed what we could do with dlc packs"; in reference to the Tina dlc. I was assuming the "we" meant that it was the same team

daedalius

Hopefully they're more like Terramorphus and Pyro Pete than Master Gee and Hyperius. Found most of the "raid bosses" really annoying

Yea, Hyperius was also really annoying with his non-communicated, entire area AOE of massive damage that could kill you easily.

I really liked the bosses in the Headhunter packs too, like Crawmerax Jr.

I do really hope they adjust the scaling in UVH, it just got really dumb around level 65+; everything took ages to die, and stuff that could level up was almost unkillable with purple guns. That doesn't seem right.

SerTapTap

Yea, Hyperius was also really annoying with his non-communicated, entire area AOE of massive damage that could kill you easily.

I really liked the bosses in the Headhunter packs too, like Crawmerax Jr.

I never got around to playing those, just the original season pass content.

Top Bottom