• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boris Johnson made foreign secretary by Theresa May

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

Seems like there has been a change in UK leadership. Theresa May is the new Prime Minister and Boris Johnson is the new Foreign Secretary which means he will be the face of Britain when dealing with other nations. I would lol if it wasn't so sad.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36789972

New Prime Minister Theresa May has made Boris Johnson, the former London mayor who led the Brexit campaign, foreign secretary in her new government.
He replaces Philip Hammond, who becomes chancellor. Ex-Energy Secretary Amber Rudd is home secretary and Eurosceptic David Davis is the Brexit secretary.
Ex-chancellor George Osborne was fired, the BBC's Laura Kuenssberg said.
On arriving at Downing Street, Mrs May vowed to lead a government that works for all, not just the "privileged few".

UKIP leader Nigel Farage tweeted that the appointments of Mr Fox and Mr Davis were "inspired choices", adding: "I feel more optimistic now."
On Twitter, Mr Osborne, who was chancellor throughout Mr Cameron's tenure, said the job had been a "privilege", adding: "Others will judge - I hope I've left the economy in a better state than I found it."

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
olympics-zip-wire-_2295631c.jpg

Dabanton

The UK continuing it's current role as a laughing stock.

Saying that Boris is actually very smart the problem is his created this 'persona' over his career of being a buffoon which means this decision can only be seen in that light by many people.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Isn't Boris a bit of a turd?
He has gone all the way to insult, mock and deride the entire EU, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and God knows how many other people.

This person is now the top head of the UK's diplomatic efforts.

Somebody do me a solid and find me some verbatim quotes from this gas bag.

jmdajr

He has gone all the way to insult, mock and deride the entire EU, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and God knows how many other people.

Fantastic

Our Brexit minister is currently suing the government in the European Courts for failure to uphold EU law but Boris Johnson as Foreign Secretary is still the most ludicrous cabinet appointment ever.

Good choices.

Better Hammond than Osborne
Better Davis than Grayling
Better Johnson than Greening
Better Rudd than Gove

Could have been worse.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Dude's rise to power came about to an appearance on a comedy news panel show.

It shouldn't be surprising he's a blowhard.

I'm very happy about this. As a Frenchman I know I can count on Boris to deliver us some of your delicious cakes. What would we do without them?

Azzanadra

Johnson is quite the character, i'l give him that. At the very least he will be entertaining and I look forward to his antics in the future. GL UkGAF.

Also, inb4 "its all Corbyn's fault!!1111"

Sounds like a twat.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving picaninnies; and one can imagine that Blair, twice victor abroad but enmired at home, is similarly seduced by foreign politeness. They say he is shortly off to the Congo. No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in Watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird.
The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more... Consider Uganda, pearl of Africa, as an example of the British record. … the British planted coffee and cotton and tobacco, and they were broadly right... If left to their own devices, the natives would rely on nothing but the instant carbohydrate gratification of the plantain. You never saw a place so abounding in bananas: great green barrel-sized bunches, off to be turned into matooke. Though this dish (basically fried banana) was greatly relished by Idi Amin, the colonists correctly saw that the export market was limited... The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.
Discussing his views on Africans and "Instant Carbohydrate Gratification" The Spectator 2 February 2002
That is the best case for Bush; that, among other things, he liberated Iraq. It is good enough for me.
The proposed ban on incitement to “religious hatred” makes no sense unless it involves a ban on the Koran itself; and that would be pretty absurd, when you consider that the Bill's intention is to fight Islamophobia.
I think I was once given cocaine but I sneezed so it didn't go up my nose. In fact, it may have been icing sugar.

Chinese cultural influence is virtually nil, and unlikely to increase… Indeed, high Chinese culture and art are almost all imitative of western forms: Chinese concert pianists are technically brilliant, but brilliant at Schubert and Rachmaninov. Chinese ballerinas dance to the scores of Diaghilev. The number of Chinese Nobel prizes won on home turf is zero, although there are of course legions of bright Chinese trying to escape to Stanford and Caltech… It is hard to think of a single Chinese sport at the Olympics, compared with umpteen invented by Britain, including ping-pong, I’ll have you know, which originated at upper-class dinner tables and was first called whiff-whaff. The Chinese have a script so fiendishly complicated that they cannot produce a proper keyboard for it.
Something mysterious happened when Barack Obama entered the Oval Office in 2009. Something vanished from that room, and no one could quite explain why. It was a bust of Winston Churchill – the great British war time leader. It was a fine goggle-eyed object, done by the brilliant sculptor Jacob Epstein, and it had sat there for almost ten years. But on day one of the Obama administration it was returned, without ceremony, to the British embassy in Washington. No one was sure whether the President had himself been involved in the decision. Some said it was a snub to Britain. Some said it was a symbol of the part-Kenyan President’s ancestral dislike of the British empire – of which Churchill had been such a fervent defender. Some said that perhaps Churchill was seen as less important than he once was. Perhaps his ideas were old-fashioned and out of date. Well, if that’s why Churchill was banished from the Oval Office, they could not have been more wrong.
She represents, on the face of it, everything I came into politics to oppose: not just a general desire to raise taxes and nationalise things, but an all-round purse-lipped political correctness (on Hillary Clinton)
There was a young fellow from Ankara
Who was a terrific wankerer
Till he sowed his wild oats
With the help of a goat
But he didn’t even stop to thankera.
Meet the UK's new highest ranked diplomat.

_Ryo_

Yiiiikes. What a mess. I have heard nothing but the worst of this guy.

It's official. The UK is no longer entitled in mocking the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom