• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
When Cotto lands a strong hit Kamegai goes stunned like a Street Fighter character.

Kamegai..... Fucking Kamegai is some kind of machine. If I was Cotto.... I would be fucking discouraged and confused as to why Kamegai wouldn't go down, lol. Props to both fighters for putting on one hell of a show!

On to McG vs Money.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
#1 to McGregor.

I say if he does well until the third round, tables turn in the fourth.

BigAl1992

50-0. McGregor did what I expected of him, which was to get gassed as fucked and end up as a human punching bag for Mayweather. Easily the best worst fight I've ever read up on. I'm laughing my arse off at people actually paying money for this.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Seriously I'm glad this fight happened. People have nothing left to whine about regarding Floyd.

Nice win for floyd, I will see how YouTube comments are doing lol. I like conor now though, I might watch his fights in mma.

Lmao.... Come on bruh... You already know how they are 😂

Both had smart gameplans, but Mayweather's plan proved to be better. Congrats to both fighters, and I am very surprised at how "well" McGregor did. It was far more entertaining than I thought.

PR_rambo

Banned
Can we get a subtitle for the thread? "You got knocked the FOOK out!"

Very glad to see Cotto win a belt. Kamegai is a tough SOB.

Canelo will win btw

TuXx

I know Floyd had a long lay off and probably didn't take this serious.

But now I'm wondering how he'll look against those killers like Spence and Crawford

TuXx

I know for sure Spence gives him a fight.

I believe those sparring rumors where Floyd threw Spence out his gym for giving him that work

Turin

Banned
I don't think Floyd has any desire to get back into the form he was in 2 years ago. He settled for good enough with this fight and has complained about how grueling he finds the training now.

So Klitschko, Marquez, Bradley, Mayweather, and soon Cotto will have all called it a career in 2017. Really is an end of an era. They should all be Hall of Famers including Bradley imo.
New avatar
That's a thing of Beauty.

One of those are the future of boxing and will hold the torch from Floyd.
My hope is Spence beats Thurman while Crawford beats Pac and setup a big fight for number 1 at Welterweight.

So Klitschko, Marquez, Bradley, Mayweather, and soon Cotto will have all called it a career in 2017. Really is an end of an era. They should all be Hall of Famers including Bradley imo.

That's a thing of Beauty.

My hope is Spence beats Thurman while Crawford beats Pac and setup a big fight for number 1 at Welterweight.
You think bob is going to let pac fight crawford? I doubt it. Also I think after pacs rematch he most likely retires.

PR_rambo

Banned
Yeah I think he will fight Crawford if he beats Horn. He was only hanging around because he was hoping to have a rematch with Floyd. That's not going to happen, so now his best chance at making the most money is with Crawford IMO.

Also allows Top Rank to set up Bud as the next big thing in boxing, time for Manny to play Oscar De La Hoya.

Tom_Cody

I spotted this on the broadcast so I had to make a quick video. The most elusive man in boxing made a rare appearance last night.

Floyd Mayweather and Al Haymon celebrate his win over Conor McGregor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ot6HxVthGQ

2ejB1oj.jpg

Sentenza

So what's next for Gervonta Davis?
Hopefully better performances.
He looked terribly sloppy this Saturday.

This was supposed to be his greatest showcase and he came overweight, struggled to put down an opponent that was assumed to be easy work for him, showboated shamefully and undeservingly in the process and made display of very poor sportsmanship mocking him after the KO.

Few days back he declared he's not interested in fighting Lomachenko because "he wouldn't be a meaningful fight for his career", which was already a questionable poor excuse in itself, but something I could understand (I thought it was only fair that he needed more experience before trying that step).
After the last fight I'm left with very little doubt that he would be completely annihilated.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Haha, Margarito got beaten the fuck out and they stopped the fight. Don't know if it was his corner of the ref.

edit: Bullshit, doc stops it at the end of 7 because of an accidental head butt in a previous round, and then they give the win to Margarito. Complete bullshit, he could barely even keep up. STOLEN

Shearie

They're showing the Canelo/GGG fight at a theater near me and I just bought a ticket. So exited!

If anyone else wants to see if a theater near them is showing it, go here: FathomEvents.com

I was ringside for one of Pulev's fights a couple of years ago. I don't think he's very good, but I guess he's not the worst opponent either for now. Pulev's performance vs. an old Wlad was crap.

Sentenza

David Benavidez is going to have a shot at a world title this Friday on Showtime.
If he pulls it off (which I think he has a good chance to) as a 2o years old he may become the youngest world champion in the super middleweight history.

Can't honestly wait to watch the fight, since he's one of the most exciting prospects in boxing right now... And for what I can see a very likable guy as well.

Just one night later, there's going to be Gonzalez vs Rungvisai 2, Estrada vs Cuadras and the U.S. debut of the emerging Japanese phenomenon Naoya Inoue, also knows as "Monster" against Antonio Nieves.

Not too bad to kill time waiting for Canelo vs Golovkin.

El Topo

I was ringside for one of Pulev's fights a couple of years ago. I don't think he's very good, but I guess he's not the worst opponent either for now. Pulev's performance vs. an old Wlad was crap.

Pulev isn't bad, but his performance against Wlad was mind-boggling. Anyway, should make for a few entertaining rounds, assuming Pulev has learned that he shouldn't just eat punches.

Tom_Cody

David Benavidez is going to have a shot at a world title this Friday on Showtime.
If he pulls it off (which I think he has a good chance to) as a 2o years old he may become the youngest world champion in the super middleweight history.

Can't honestly wait to watch the fight, since he's one of the most exciting prospects in boxing right now... And for what I can see a very likable guy as well.
He looks to have a super high ceiling. I'm excited to see him make this next step.

WebbedArcticCoqui.gif

Just one night later, there's going to be Gonzalez vs Rungvisai 2, Estrada vs Cuadras and the U.S. debut of the emerging Japanese phenomenon Naoya Inoue, also knows as "Monster" against Antonio Nieves.

Not too bad to kill time waiting for Canelo vs Golovkin.
"Super Fly" is a fantastic card. There should be tons of action and talent on display.

My site did a rundown of the Super Flyweight division for those who want a primer.
https://sundaypuncher.com/super-flyweight-top-8-ranked-how-we-see-it-ac426349fe3e

Top Bottom