• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brand New Announce Fifth Album out in October

Dead

well not really...yet
After multiple listens, this album is my everything. Devil&God, Daisy and this make for an amazing, if not heartbreaking, trilogy of albums

Mad I missed tickets for the dallas show. REALLY hope they have tour dates for 2018....:(

Should I see Brand New at Voodoo in New Orleans Halloween weekend? I love this album.
If you can even get tickets for it. This tour pretty much sold instantly due to Ticketmaster servers and allowing bots to snag at least 50% of the tickets.

I was waiting right at 12 pm for pre sale and public sale and I couldn't even get 1. Kept getting site errors, or no tickets found. 20 min later, 300+ tickets were on each gig on Stub Hub.

If you can even get tickets for it. This tour pretty much sold instantly due to Ticketmaster servers and allowing bots to snag at least 50% of the tickets.

I was waiting right at 12 pm for pre sale and public sale and I couldn't even get 1. Kept getting site errors, or no tickets found. 20 min later, 300+ tickets were on each gig on Stub Hub.

Voodoo is a festival so that's not a problem.

yes, thekonamicode, you should see them at voodoo. they are really good live. I think the tapes jesse bought at the estate sale or whatever are used to their full potential on this thing.

"scream in there!"
"AHHHHHHHH!"

there are so many good songs on this album. but there are three that didn't make the album that are still good. I am a nightmare is a fucking beautiful dream. mene is catharsis. out of range is the connection between the FOYD demos and contemporary BN.

Mr. Hyde

I need to check this out tonight. I've been so obsessed with waiting for grizzly bear and the war on drugs albums to drop (which are both amazing), I did not know this was coming out. I am glad to know it turned out amazing.

number 1 you guys. we did it. do you ever feel like your life was really close to being perfect but you ended up in one of the alternate universes where something small got changed? like on Rick and Morty.

anyway this album is really fucking good. the deeper I sank, the less I died.

Maddrical

My brother introduced me to Devil & God ~2 weeks ago and then this album came out and I cannot stop listening to it. Utterly fantastic album. I'm gonna spend the next fortnight listening to their other stuff too. Not too much of a back catalog to dive into, which is both disappointing and a bit relieving.

Haven't bought a physical CD in a while, think the last one was Mothership by DGD, so almost a year. But think I need this on CD.

I think I'm legitimately the only person who doesn't like this album lol.

nah, i'm with you. maybe i've just grown out of them, but musically they seem to be lagging. i listen to the guitars and it just feels so.... boring? the same variations of the same stuff over and over, like they reached their musical limit a a decade ago. it's all just so very bland and one dimensional to me. it's like they want to make new stuff, but there's just nothing new that comes out. they sound gassed.

Media

number 1 you guys. we did it. do you ever feel like your life was really close to being perfect but you ended up in one of the alternate universes where something small got changed? like on Rick and Morty.

anyway this album is really fucking good. the deeper I sank, the less I died.

Feel exactly the same

Dw05wQa.gif

Never expected one of my favorite bands to hit #1 on Billboard

My brother and I are literally the only people I know irl that have even heard of them.

they've been a very popular band for almost 2 decades. hitting number 1 is a bit of surprise, but they've had a ton of commercial success before this. daisy hit #6

Audioboxer

nah, i'm with you. maybe i've just grown out of them, but musically they seem to be lagging. i listen to the guitars and it just feels so.... boring? the same variations of the same stuff over and over, like they reached their musical limit a a decade ago. it's all just so very bland and one dimensional to me. it's like they want to make new stuff, but there's just nothing new that comes out. they sound gassed.

There it is!

I still love their older stuff though. I've not grown out of them, this album just doesn't do much for me.

I like Same Logic/Teeth, but I do get quite a Modest Mouse vibe off it and I love Modest Mouse.

My brother and I are literally the only people I know irl that have even heard of them.

Where are you from? They're very popular in the UK, and I would suspect America too obviously. Not that everyone knows of them, but I bet if you're from the UK or America and are around the ages most of us are you've got some friends at least who know of Brand New. Unless any sort of indie/rock/pop-punk/etc wasn't someone's vibe and they were strictly rap or country or something. I like a bit of everything, but I even know serious metal heads who know of Brand New and even like some songs when they're not pretending they can only listen to Scandinavian Death Metal.

KevinG

That's the joke.

For a band that has a number 1 album, there are a remarkable number of people who've never heard of them. I know three people in real life who know who they are. Two of those people only really know of them, but aren't really devoted fans.

It's rather incredible how they could randomly drop the album, and do what they've done.

That's the joke.

For a band that has a number 1 album, there are a remarkable number of people who've never heard of them. I know three people in real life who know who they are. Two of those people only really know of them, but aren't really devoted fans.

It's rather incredible how they could randomly drop the album, and do what they've done.

Might just be your circle. Anecdotally, more people than not know who they are.

ohkay

Might just be your circle. Anecdotally, more people than not know who they are.
That's probably your circle too. Pretty much everyone I know knows who they are, but then again most of my friends grew up in the punk/emo scene.

I would guess anyone between the ages of like 20-35 that listened to modern rock would be aware of them.

WAIT. Hoooooly shit this is out and #1??? Where have I been? I know what I'm listening to on my drive home from work and at the gym.

Dead

well not really...yet
I cant stop listening to 137. Fuck.
When the guitars fucking kick in

As amazing as this album is, I think, having gone back to it a lot in the past week, Daisy might be favorite of all the albums. (new avatar...I think I had a similar one back when it came out? Literally cant remember)

Arc

there are so many good songs on this album. but there are three that didn't make the album that are still good. I am a nightmare is a fucking beautiful dream. mene is catharsis. out of range is the connection between the FOYD demos and contemporary BN.

I'm glad the three singles didn't make the album, they've been out for a while now and don't really fit with the rest. I Am A Nightmare is classic Brand New though, love revisiting the three now that the album is out.

Media

I've never even heard anything other than Quiet Things in the radio either. I was amazed there were fans here enough for a huge thread, and then they hit number 1 and I was floored.

I'm from rural America

bgbball31

I posted on Facebook to see how many people I know even know who Brand New is. I got one bite. As much as I love them, and this album, I am still trying to figure out how it has hit #1 (and yes, I know, small sample of people, etc.).

KevinG

Devoted fans are really devoted.

I have personally bought 4 copies. Three vinyl variants and grabbed it digitally on iTunes.

Maybe I'm one of those fans.

Did you grab it on eBay?

I thought about it, but prices were getting far out of my range. A 'friend' ended up hooking me up with one, which I'm super thankful for.

Discogs. The price was considerably lower than what they are going for right now, it was put up for sale before all the crazy eBay pricing started.

as we glide over "whatever"
we know to be over forever
I really hope the shame is less
than what we feel in times of stress

fuck you this continues to kill me

Top Bottom