• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brand New Announce Fifth Album out in October

Audioboxer

CD MIGHT HAVE BEEN RELEASED EARLY HOLYYYY SHIIITTTTT

Procrastinate Music Traitors sent it to a couple redditors.

"It has 1 song on it, it is 61:27 minutes long. The song is titled "44.5902N104.7146W""

Theory is that first 500 orders for the vinyl got this CD. Some people who got it are trying to rip it now.

Brand New be trolling. At least those silly vinyl prices are about to be paid back and then some with the eBay resale value of this.

hughesta

Banned
yeah, just one track. All the songs are on Shazam though so I figure someone will bruteforce a tracklisting soon enough.

Audioboxer

Funny if they watermarked it so they know which of the 500 leaked it :p As speculated I bet the album is released digitally tomorrow/within days.

Ros8105

People hating on Daisy deserve a slap too btw.
giphy.gif

Really looking forward to seeing them next month at the Warfeild. Pretty bummed I couldn't get the vinyl though. Wait, so the album already leaked?

Audioboxer

If you guys go on the Brand New subreddit, there are tons of links to download the album. IDK if it's against the rules to post them here.

Probably would be so I wouldn't do it.

As for Brand New, obviously, they know how the internet works in 2017. Sending out their own album early to 'normal people' = instant leak online.

Apart from being a PR move to do something whacky, maybe even a throwback to the days of P2P file sharing exposing them. Dat Jude Law MP3 probably got Brand New to the ears of international listeners at some rate.

Daisy is their worst album fite me nerds

You Stole / Sink / Bought a Bride will fight you.

Daisy does have a few weaker songs on it, but some of the songs that are good are amazing live.

akileese

Daisy is their worst album fite me nerds

I like it more than YFW so go ahead and fight me. Real talk, they're all amazing. Saying one is better or worst than the other is still incredibly high praise. I'm really loving this album so far. I think I'm on....track 6 or 7, depends on what's an interlude and what's an opening to a track.

kris.

Banned
Maybe now that I'm an old boy I should give Daisy another listen but it did absolutely nothing for me when it came out.

Also I can't tell how many tracks I'm in but this new one is superb.

Audioboxer

Maybe now that I'm an old boy I should give Daisy another listen but it did absolutely nothing for me when it came out.

At the Bottom/Gasoline/In a Jar are weak and Be Gone is a shitty interlude. Cut them out and you have a great "extended EP". High highs, low lows is the way I describe Daisy. Those highs are amazing live though, so Daisy comes out on top.

I hated it when it first came out but gave it some time and now I'm absolutely in love.

TDAG>Daisy>DE>YFW

Haven't listen to the new one yet D:

The short shrift that Your Favorite Weapon is receiving in this thread is heretical bullshit.

First two songs on this new jam are puuuurrrrdy good...

Shiloa

Yesss

Listening to it now. Ordered the CD.

Hopefully tomorrow morning will grab myself a couple of tickets to see them. :)

kris.

Banned
You get a download link for the whole album if you preorder a CD or vinyl copy so I guess this is officially released. I assume it'll be up on streaming services tonight.

Audioboxer

£35 for a vinyl, fuck sake Brand New.

I wish there were color variants on vinyl. I mean I'm still gonna order a copy tomorrow but maaaan.

Don't worry there will probably be a few re-releases.

In saying that Daisy only got a black pressing.

Audioboxer

-Indefinite pressing quantity

Looks like there's no need to worry about the vinyl selling out. It is probably cheaper for anyone in the UK to pick it up off Ebay or something down the line. How $27 converts into £30 is beyond me!

Top Bottom