• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

brand new Uncharted 4 trailer at the Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Bigger version

cwdpthpwiaelh6x4vsk1.jpg

His head looks like a bad Photoshop.

FATALITY

Banned
he often does that. i don't say that as a means of disrespect, but i just don't believe it. if the games sold that well, i feel like sony would've released sales numbers for each. and i agree, the double pack probably boosted sales.
21 millions is only for u1,2 and 3. Nothing else

M.D

even then if that's the case, the double pack probably boosted Uc1's sales since it was sold at a discounted price iirc.

So there was literally 0% growth between Uncharted 2 and 3 LTD, even tho we know for a fact from both statements and sales data that it sold significantly more at launch? That doesn't make much sense

That I don't know. U1 was at 2.6 Mil when u2 was announced. Jack tretton said at the stage of e3 2009.
yep and the first amalgamated sales was at the end of 2010, with 8 million copies. i'm inclined to believe the double pack helped boost Uc1's sales, and I think it was made available a few months before Uc3.
So there was literally 0% growth between Uncharted 2 and 3 LTD, even tho we know for a fact from both statements and sales data that it sold significantly more at launch? That doesn't make much sense
even though Uc3 sold much better, it doesn't make sense that the previous installments would cease to sell copies, either. honestly i don't know what you're trying to say.

jesu

In the UK cinema I was at it was Clash Of Clans(with James Corden and Christoph Waltz), Fallout 4 and Elite Dangerous.
Game wise that is.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Man, stfu about sales and length.

I don't wanna see this thread get bumped till the trailer leaks. >:U

There might be more direct references to Halo in this thread than Uncharted.

MS marketing doing their job saturating those theaters.

I saw the behind the scenes stuff and only a part of the CGI trailer. It was fun to see them on a huge screen like that, but it was nothing I didn't already know from watching E3/PSX.

tcrunch

No one in my viewing party even knew what this trailer was about except me. I only played one of the previous games and didn't remember much about it, so I said "it's the Indiana Jones game". The slow-mo through the single scene was pretty bad/non-explanatory, I would have spent more time looking at scenes from the whole game. They did have some though, and some gameplay.

edit: I should add that this did not air with the proper trailers so no one including me was giving it their full attention, it was in that "20" segment or whatever it is where they air continuous ads before the movie starts.

Somewhere in this interview Baker says 4 will be the biggest Uncharted.
biggest uncharted could be interpreted in different ways, but i'll check out the video, thanks.
Pretty much every game ever made has been sold at a discounted price.
there's no way for me to find out exactly what the prices were at the time but considering Uc2's acclaim is it unreasonable to think the double pack helped boost sales? I went on amazon to look at when the earliest ratings were made and the first comment was in sept 2011 I think, two months before Uc3 launched

ethomaz

Banned
21 millions is only for u1,2 and 3. Nothing else
In my numbers you only need to add the double packs (that ware 1 and 2) plus some round to get 21m.

4.5 + 7.5 + 7.5 = 19.5 + double packs

In fact doubles packs counts for U1 + U2.

U1: ~5.0m
U2: ~8.0m
U3: ~8.0m

Total: 21m

Something around these numbers... I'm pretty confident U2 & U3 sold similar numbers using the news posted by Sony... U1 was the only to have less sales.

Top Bottom