• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

No team in their right mind carries more than (1) healer, heck most don't even use a healer at all.

Hmm. I use a different number of healers depending on what I'm doing.

I use 2 healers for Frontier Hunter End for example. My Thief Bracer party used 4. I use 0 in arena. I use 2 in Totem missions because that way I don't need to use items.

To each their own I suppose, but I think healer usage is more common than you think, as I know my friends have similar party set ups to mine.

Jinko

Yea 2 healers can come in really handy when something decides it wants to spam AoE's all the time.

Also is Royal dancer May the best healer Lightning teams have at the moment ?

Draxal

Hmm. I use a different number of healers depending on what I'm doing.

I use 2 healers for Frontier Hunter End for example. My Thief Bracer party used 4. I use 0 in arena. I use 2 in Totem missions because that way I don't need to use items.

To each their own I suppose, but I think healer usage is more common than you think, as I know my friends have similar party set ups to mine.

Personally I always use God Tree Eltri on my teams, but when I am talking about no team using (2) healers I am talking about within your own 5-team party. When doing frontier hunter I always bring a healer from my friends list.

By the way, how did a 4 healer party work? What did you use it for?

Item farm party, 1 unit atracks with theif bracer equipped and the healers defend and heal when needed.

Ah, gotcha. I don't farm much myself. Too bad then that I had my God Tree eat up my 3x Alneu lastnight.

Didn't even get a BB boost either...

Selner

Woo, very happy to find a thread for this.

I started playing in Jan, but stopped for whatever reason.
Just started up again, and due to the Facebook Connect I have my old stuff.

I had not gotten very far though, so it was kind of like starting over.

After a few days of playing I'm in the 2nd Quest world.

I've been mainly just messing around, and don't totally know what I'm doing.
I don't have my phone with me, but I'll post my current team when I get back to the phone.

It was funny how I got a bunch of free metal things after I reinstalled. I guess I got all the free stuff from the downtime from the last two months. The 200k cash was very helpful too.

Personally I always use God Tree Eltri on my teams, but when I am talking about no team using (2) healers I am talking about within your own 5-team party. When doing frontier hunter I always bring a healer from my friends list.
Ahh. See I use two healers personally and then invite a friend for the leader skill. Usually either +50% damage to an element or + Brave Burst Recovery (Aem/Alma), depending on what I'm trying to accomplish.

By the way, how did a 4 healer party work? What did you use it for?
The only time I ever used my Thief Bracer party was when I was trying to get pelts and Eyes for Muramasa, and as someone said I'd strictly attack with the bracer guy, and the healers would keep me alive. Thankfully now I'm swimming in Muramasa (and I just got an Angelic Foil, YAY!) so the thief bracer party is retired. I may bring him back again if they ever add more craftable items.

Hung Wei Lo

I think this game is taking up too much of my time :(

Firstly, great thread - I'm picking up a lot on here from you guys, and was hoping for a little direction. Been having some shitty luck with pulls and my collection is all over the place, so I'm not sure what's the best way to go. Sprites of note who are mainly used:

Ice Queen Selena (Lord, starter) max lvl
Fire King Vargas (Lord, honor pull) just evo'd, so lvl 1
Hot Chef Lancia (Guardian, rare summon) lvl 40
Pixy Royal Leore (Lord, rare summon) max lvl
Hawkeye Lario (Anima, rare summon) lvl 46
Holy Queen Luna (Breaker, rare summon) lvl 57

Others I have and was fooling around with/kept around because they look neat/thought they'd be useful:
Red - Knight Agni, Beast Zegar
Blue - Zephu, Rantoul, and while using up stamina, pulled a Stya
Green - Titania, Dryad
Yellow - Sky boss Grafl
+ pegasus, medusa, lilin and all the basic healers

Anyone I should concentrate on leveling up, or switching in? any help would be appreciated

I also have a couple of stupid questions: How do you update the comment on the profile? I'm able to enter the text in the box, but can't save it. Also, first attempt to grab a totem and figuring I'd go evolve Leore first because of the +20 (whatever) attack for the whole team, went into the Ruins of the Earth Lvl 3...only when I got to the boss, it was a light totem..is the boss random, or are you supposed to get a colour based on the level you go into?

Selner

OK here's my current team.

Rage Beast Zegar. Breaker
Undine. Lord
Leviathan. Guardian
Thunder Eze. Lord
Zahhak. Oracle

And my code: 37162216

Jinko

I also have a couple of stupid questions: How do you update the comment on the profile? I'm able to enter the text in the box, but can't save it. Also, first attempt to grab a totem and figuring I'd go evolve Leore first because of the +20 (whatever) attack for the whole team, went into the Ruins of the Earth Lvl 3...only when I got to the boss, it was a light totem..is the boss random, or are you supposed to get a colour based on the level you go into?

As of right now the only way to get light and dark totems are random chance in one of the coloured dungeons, in a few patches they will prob add the dark and light totem dungeon which Japan has.

Also, first attempt to grab a totem and figuring I'd go evolve Leore first because of the +20 (whatever) attack for the whole team, went into the Ruins of the Earth Lvl 3...only when I got to the boss, it was a light totem..is the boss random, or are you supposed to get a colour based on the level you go into?

Totem dungeons have 3 "boss" waved. #3, #6, and #8.

3 is either the upgraded version of the Witch line + 2 other mobs (Like if you go water, a 2 star Merith plus two other water weenies), or a Light/Dark Totem.

6 is the weaker monster line (Undine, Thunderbird, Firedrake, Dryad) or another Light/Dark Totem.

8 is guaranteed to be the Totem of the element you entered, so in Ruins of the Earth it would be an Earth Totem.

As far as I can tell, Totems are 100% capture.

Oh yah, Totems are brutal when you first need them.

And what's worse is that the Dark and Light Totems have this annoying tendency to show up when you aren't strong enough to kill 2 or 3 totems, but then never show up when you actually want one.

Amon37

My pride and joy

rJnQhMW.jpg

chrono01

I actually managed to obtain a Fire Totem myself [two of them, actually], so next week when I grab another Fire Idol I can evolve my Fire Knight Lava to Fire God Lava!

Oh, tomorrow [the 14th ~ 16th] we're getting Aisha, Rickel, and Sefia. I don't really agree with how they split them up, but I guess it makes obtaining a specific one easier [since they're rates are supposedly increased during the event]. Also, they're extending the "guaranteed 4* summon after 10-pulls" promotion, so if you pull ten times you're guaranteed an Aisha, Rickel. or Sefia.

Personally, I'm going for a few Aisha for my fire team, but I wouldn't say no to a Sefia [or two!].

I actually managed to obtain a Fire Totem myself [two of them, actually], so next week when I grab another Fire Idol I can evolve my Fire Knight Lava to Fire God Lava!

Oh, tomorrow [the 14th ~ 16th] we're getting Aisha, Rickel, and Sefia. I don't really agree with how they split them up, but I guess it makes obtaining a specific one easier [since they're rates are supposedly increased during the event]. Also, they're extending the "guaranteed 4* summon after 10-pulls" promotion, so if you pull ten times you're guaranteed an Aisha, Rickel. or Sefia.

Personally, I'm going for a few Aisha for my fire team, but I wouldn't say no to a Sefia [or two!].
I am dead broke now, so there will be no IAP for me. I'm actually lucky I had just enough Gems to beat the damn Totem. Heh.

Marvelous

Ugh, the dark and light totems just will not appear for me. Guess I'm just gonna have to focus on a rainbow team or something until I can get at least two dark totems. :(

chrono01

The Light Totem was a bitch. Meeting two Totems in a single run is bullshit.
I can imagine. :/

I'm sure once we all evolve our Units and form a better team, they won't be so bad. However, to reach that point you need those Totems in the first place, so there's really no way to not suffer through it.

Noirulus

Did they considerably lower the appearance/drop rate of Metal Kings in the metal parades? I remember two weeks ago I'd get at least 3 kings every run, now I only get 1 or 2.

Maybe it's just a string of bad luck?

Edit: WTF, I just did a run without capturing a single fucking Metal King!

Amon37

I just realized I cant find out anywhere how much experience I need for the next level unless I actually run a dungeon.

ReaperXL7

Did they considerably lower the appearance/drop rate of Metal Kings in the metal parades? I remember two weeks ago I'd get at least 3 kings every run, now I only get 1 or 2.

It's completely random. Sometimes I will get runs with only ghosts, sometimes a mix. One time I got very lucky and got 4/5 rounds of Metal Gods. It's basically just luck of the draw.

I did two runs and got 0 on the first run and only 1 on the second run, bullshit.

I just realized I cant find out anywhere how much experience I need for the next level unless I actually run a dungeon.

I couldn't find anywhere to see how much exp I needed either, anyone else know?

chrono01

To those pulling for the new Units [Aisha, Rickel, Sefia] don't pull yet! According to reports, they're online in-game now via the Gift after 10-consecuative summons and not via normal pulls. Or, at least, if they are, they aren't at the increased rate as they should be. Also, many are pulling water Units still, despite that event ending, so something seems to be wrong.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see if this is an issue. I'd advise you to do the same.

Jinko

I wouldn't be surprised if they reduced the dungeons drops whilst they gave us free ones as compensation.

We're sorry .... but not really,

Draxal

To those pulling for the new Units [Aisha, Rickel, Sefia] don't pull yet! According to reports, they're online in-game now via the Gift after 10-consecuative summons and not via normal pulls. Or, at least, if they are, they aren't at the increased rate as they should be. Also, many are pulling water Units still, despite that event ending, so something seems to be wrong.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see if this is an issue. I'd advise you to do the same.

I pulled 3 star Aishas (which can't be pulled from the four star thingie). I did get a four star breaker Sefia from the bonus pull, but yeah doesn't seem to be a bonus drop for the new units yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if they reduced the dungeons drops whilst they gave us free ones as compensation.

We're sorry .... but not really,

It's pretty hit and miss as expected. I'll get maybe 1 or 2 for 3 runs...and then have a run with a 1 god and 3 kings.

RNG be RNG

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Stya, Captain Mega, Selena, and Zephu all evolved from first to second forms! Working on leveling them up so I can start farming fire Vortex dungeon. Woo! Successful past 2 days.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what should I be doing in town? What's worth upgrading? What should be priority?

Focus hard on the Synthesis so you can craft Muramasa. After that, I'd get your Items up so you can craft all the healing/boost/utility items. Once those are done, I actually went river first as an upgraded river can drop red drops which are used for High Cures and such.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm leaving my Kikuri with thief bracer up all day if anyone wants to farm for muramasa mats.

colinp

Banned
Got Galant in lvl 2! Took about eight or so runs. Lord- good enough for me!

I still have 0 dark units. Crazy crazy crazy.

Top Bottom