• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

blackflag

No idea what I'm doing but I just started playing and used an iTunes gift card I had forever to get some pulls plus the free ones they have me from the tutorial and regular dungeons.

Who is good and who should I focus on leveling?

Ice Mage dean
Sunshine luna
Great falcon tiz
2x knight Aem
Fire knight lava
Edea

Jinko

Who is good and who should I focus on leveling?

Ice Mage dean
Sunshine luna
Great falcon tiz
2x knight Aem
Fire knight lava
Edea

Aem, Edea and Fire Knight Lava are all good, if they are Anima or Breaker even better.

Ice mage Dean is also good, you can make a pretty strong party with those pulls, all you need is a healer.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
This no selling thing is some BS. I had to sell items to fuse low-levels to discard them so I could actually even play.

Thank god for the jewel weekend so I got some zel to get rid of guys.. such a waste. Reward better be good for this.

nickcv

Still not up for me in the UK. The app is back in the store, it updated fine but it won't connect.

Booooooo.

I'm in the UK as well and I downloaded it both for android and IOS. If you are using an iPad you'll have to download the iPhone version though (I don't know if a dedicated iPad version exists)

Draxal

I know class types (anima/breaker etc) can change while evolving is there any rhyme or reason to this?

I just started recently and my best pulls were an anima alice, breaker loch, oracle shock bow loch, and an anima samurai mifune

colinp

Banned
This no selling thing is some BS. I had to sell items to fuse low-levels to discard them so I could actually even play.

Thank god for the jewel weekend so I got some zel to get rid of guys.. such a waste. Reward better be good for this.

Haha, yeah it's kinda annoying. What a strange problem.

Noirulus

I just reached the Tower of Morgan.

Damnit, Seria and Karl are going to sacrifice themselves for me?! Just when the storyline was getting interesting... :(

This might sound crazy, but I think I enjoy this game more than PAD.

Kreed

Is there a general consensus on what farmable units in this game are worth keeping/investing time into leveling (not including units that have their own dungeons)? Or are they all junk/? For example, I have gotten two green healers (Fairy and Claris) and two light healers (Maria and Mimir). Is it worth keeping both these healers, dumping one over the other, or should I be trying to get something better from rare summons? I realize some of these units have gotten new forms in the new update?

Dreavus

Was just checking out the game today, and is it normal to be having lots of errors/connection problems? Seems pretty unstable, unless it's something on my end.

EDIT: Seems fine now, weird.

Draxal

Added myself to the spreadsheet and started adding some ids_, unfortunately I can't seem to edit my player comment on my phone (I get to the part where you can change it but there's no option to save the change).

Phades

Just pulled : Earthly Il & Mina and can't find anything on the wiki.

Thoughts?

Isn't their leader skill immunity to status effects? So no weakness holes allowing an easier 1 round ko, no paralysis on your tree (insert other critical unit), no curse, etc.

NH Apache

Banned
Added myself to the spreadsheet and started adding some ids_, unfortunately I can't seem to edit my player comment on my phone (I get to the part where you can change it but there's no option to save the change).

It's the enter key, but you have to change the keyboard. On my nexus 7, I used the ICS keyboard.

Was just checking out the game today, and is it normal to be having lots of errors/connection problems? Seems pretty unstable, unless it's something on my end.

EDIT: Seems fine now, weird.

I had to uninstall and reinstall. Unfortunately I just haven't been able to really get back into this game since I updated my phone and lost all my progress. Had an amazing team and when I restarted it's now just so-so and I'm struggling.

Cerity

250k login bonus ._.

Pulled scythe alice, probably my only somewhat decent pull alongside Emilia.

Really enjoying the game, it got a little boring towards the end of mistral IMO but I'm now in cordelica and the difficulty has ramped up - which is nice. This is a nice change of pace from games like pad, I'm playing Line Zeta which is pad with mechs along side this and going between the skill based gameplay to the more rpg like gameplay of this.

Jinko

I had to uninstall and reinstall. Unfortunately I just haven't been able to really get back into this game since I updated my phone and lost all my progress. Had an amazing team and when I restarted it's now just so-so and I'm struggling.

I assume you didn't link your previous account to facebook ?

Amon37

If you didnt link to facebook and your on android and you knew your old android ID you could:

Uninstall BF
Change android ID back to old one
Reinstall BF

and it should grab your old info thats how bf knows you stuff even if you dont link to Facebook.

Isn't their leader skill immunity to status effects? So no weakness holes allowing an easier 1 round ko, no paralysis on your tree (insert other critical unit), no curse, etc.

Yeah, seems pretty useful later on when status effects matter a bit more. Stats seem pretty sweet so far, not sure what they max out at.

I think she's a Breaker as well.

Lan_97

Finally got Stya from the Lv1 dungeon. Oracle, unfortunately, but I'll take it. Also pulled an Amy, would have preferred either of the other two new units, but not a bad roll.

chrono01

Is there seriously no way to turn off the notifications? That's bad....
It's weird. When I initially installed Brave Frontier, I said "Don't Allow" when prompted for Push Notifications. After the patch a few days ago, however, I found them turned on.

I'm not sure how I would even go about turning them off, they're very annoying.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
250k login bonus ._.

Pulled scythe alice, probably my only somewhat decent pull alongside Emilia.

Really enjoying the game, it got a little boring towards the end of mistral IMO but I'm now in cordelica and the difficulty has ramped up - which is nice. This is a nice change of pace from games like pad, I'm playing Line Zeta which is pad with mechs along side this and going between the skill based gameplay to the more rpg like gameplay of this.

Idk if that is lame for you or others that might be high ranked, but I was like HOLY SHIIIEEETTT when I logged in today lol!

It's weird. When I initially installed Brave Frontier, I said "Don't Allow" when prompted for Push Notifications. After the patch a few days ago, however, I found them turned on.

Another annoyance I found, albeit small, is that the game keeps asking for permission to post to my Facebook wall even though I already gave it permission. So I checked my privacy settings for the game and found that every time it asks, it is trying to change my custom audience setting to public. Every other FB linked game I play asks me once, I accept, change the audience, and go about my business. Not this game though. So I ended up not allowing it to post at all, and it STILL asks me. If it wasn't for the Facebook data backup I would definitely wouldn't use it. Is it doing this to anyone else?

chrono01

Another annoyance I found, albeit small, is that the game keeps asking for permission to post to my Facebook wall even though I already gave it permission. So I checked my privacy settings for the game and found that every time it asks, it is trying to change my custom audience setting to public. Every other FB linked game I play asks me once, I accept, change the audience, and go about my business. Not this game though. So I ended up not allowing it to post at all, and it STILL asks me. If it wasn't for the Facebook data backup I would definitely wouldn't use it. Is it doing this to anyone else?
Ugh! It happens to me all of the time!

If anyone knows how to stop it, please say something. It's a nuisance.

colinp

Banned
Down for maintenance? Really hope they fix the iOS selling bug. I've got 10 or so jewel things to sell just taking up space!

Managed to score a breaker Stya on lvl 2 earlier. Woo! Only took about five or six runs.

Yeah it's bad. I really hope they fix it. I enjoy this game, but this may make me stop playing.

edit : if you are on Android, you can turn off notifications in the application manager and it should work fine.

colinp

Banned
Update is up on AppStore and you can sell things again, yay.

I had problems with it posting to Facebook but now it's stopped, or at least it doesn't knock me out of the game to post anymore.

My next pull: Lava Dragon

Seriously, f this REM. I'm going to use Gems elsewhere from now on.

I'm also starting to figure out Arena more. The way I see it now, it's only worthwhile to challenge players one rank and no more than 15 levels higher than you. That'll net almost 200 EXP per round, and that's gotten me to Brawler already. I can probably hit Heavyweight soon if my win streak continues.

EDIT: Man, I wish I had a Medullo Gem. Thing makes Chrono's Lava friggin' insane!

Chrono, are you using a fire-heavy team? If so, what are you doing for Stya's dungeon? I've not tried it yet.

so whats a general good resource/guide for starting out?

Didn't really play much PD so i'm not really familiar with these types of games. Which unit types are worth keeping which are trash etc?

Phades

I'm also starting to figure out Arena more. The way I see it now, it's only worthwhile to challenge players one rank and no more than 15 levels higher than you. That'll net almost 200 EXP per round, and that's gotten me to Brawler already. I can probably hit Heavyweight soon if my win streak continues.

EDIT: Man, I wish I had a Medullo Gem. Thing makes Chrono's Lava friggin' insane!

Chrono, are you using a fire-heavy team? If so, what are you doing for Stya's dungeon? I've not tried it yet.

Lv3 stya does naughty things to a heavy fire bias team. Even Lv1 forces the need to use healing items. I'm sure a max level god tier team using stones/ore could force its way through it, but making an electric team sounds much quicker.

Phades

Didn't really play much PD so i'm not really familiar with these types of games. Which unit types are worth keeping which are trash etc?

General rule of thumb is to look at the star rating on the unit. The more stars, the chances are the better the unit's stat evolution will be as it levels up. At max level, most units will evolve into a higher star tier, but there are ceilings for progression (most units evolve once, some twice, while the starter pick untis evolve more than that).

With a rare pull, by using 5 gems, it is also possible to pull a unit that is further along the evolution chain.

If you have a question about a unit specifically, refer to the evolution guide in the wiki linked on the first page. Most of the uncommon units are only available through the rare summons for gems. Some of the base units are available through honor summons, along with all the common units. Then there are weekly special dungeons for a more unique character.

Also, many of the units are offensive in nature primarially, this is why the unit type breaker gets referenced often as that type is biased towards more attack power than the rest maximizing the potential of a hard hitting unit.

In general, when folks refer to junk pulls, they are either getting repeats of what they already have, getting pulls of higher evolution teirs of units that are otherwise capturable, or units that only have 1 evolution step currently. In some instances they are refering to getting offensive units with the guardian type (defense bias at the expense of offensive power). Researching the wiki should clear things up after a few minutes.

Draxal

Just as a quick guide.

Starters (will eventually go tier six)
Vargas, Selene, Lance, Eze, Atro, Magress

Alternate Lords (will eventaully go to tier six usually better than the starters). Lava, Alice, Will and Alice are the ones you want here.
Lava, Mega, Douglas, Emilia, Wil, and Alice.

Bigger Beasts (will eventaully go to tier six)
Phoenix, Leviathan, Great Tree, Behemoth, Wyvern and Memetes.

Of the newer characters some are supposedly really good. Edea, Kikuri and Loch are really good. And you coudn't go wrong with a strong healer.

4 strong ones are Phoenix, Lancia, Elimo, and Great Tree.

Also, I'd check the app invasion guides forum as well to start off (although it is missing some of the new good units).

This one especially. http://appinvasion.com/index.php?threads/guide-a-general-guide-for-squad-building.11518/

Phades

how do you level stuff and evolve stuff? Is it only through fusion? got a few metal kings.... which i assume are good exp things?

Metal kings are the common "good" unit to use for fusion from doing metal parades. The Metal God is the only thing better that I am aware of. Each king used should push you through at least 1 level going through the mid 20s to 30s. The trick with those really is trying to judge the actual amount of EXP you need to hit the level cap without going over, since you won't get those units whenever you want/need them and fusion gets more expensive the higher level you go. Normal units don't give nearly as much exp by comparison, even if they are evolved forms of the unit in question or fairly advanced in level (but then again, you had to use something to level them up that far in the first place...).

Generally speaking, normal units are fused for the possible brave burst level up early on when it is cheap, while the metal series are good for powering through those later levels to save cash overall (if you don't need to level up the BB anymore). Also, when you evolve something, the brave burst levels don't transfer, so initial tiers of units can be skipped over by loading up with metal units, like kings, to get to the max level faster straight away.

Phades

You need keys to do the metal parades in the vortex. They are given out at regular intervals. One is given out today. All of them would be received at the imperial captial randall (green castle tab) in the administration office. Once unlocked you have 1 hour to access the area. Each attempt consumes 15 energy and returns 1,000 account exp points, so plan accordingly. I prefer to try to aim to have just enough EXP to level up with my current max energy pool, so that i can do it again with me refreshed energy pool and still be under the time limit.

You need keys to do the metal parades in the vortex. They are given out at regular intervals. One is given out today. All of them would be received at the imperial captial randall (green castle tab) in the administration office. Once unlocked you have 1 hour to access the area. Each attempt consumes 15 energy and returns 1,000 account exp points, so plan accordingly. I prefer to try to aim to have just enough EXP to level up with my current max energy pool, so that i can do it again with me refreshed energy pool and still be under the time limit.

i mean about when can i tackle one? I tried doing the lvl1 of flower in the frost and got my ass kicked in the first room.

chrono01

I've got a few fire members in my team, namely Burning Vargas [who was my Starter] and Firedrake, as well as Fire Knight Lava [obviously]. I'm in the process of building the rest, I just need a few components first [most Phoenix or Lancia as a healer].

I'm going to be pulling 10 times later tonight during the increased rate for new units [I would like a Kikuri for a future dark team], so hopefully I'll get a few more fire members then.

The Medulla Gem really is insane. It was worth the time/effort, for sure, and I got a few more spheres out of it too.

As for Fire Knight Lava, I'm hoping to grab a Fire Totem/Idol to evolve her further, although I don't know if my current team is strong enough for that. I've read those dungeons can be pretty difficult early-on.

Top Bottom