• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

LProtag

Should be getting it tomorrow. Pretty excited, I enjoyed the demo a great deal and I'm excited to have more jobs to play around with.

Matriox

I've hardly played the demo, are the items obtained from it of much worth since exp unfortunately doesn't even carry over?

http://www.gamesradar.com/bravely-default-demo-bonuses/

Some demo spoilers in there if you are playing through the demo, however according to the author:

While the rewards won't give you an earth-shattering advantage when starting the full game, they should save you some money and give your stats an edge in the early game. If you aren't already playing the demo, there's no need to rush to finish it before playing Bravely Default proper. But for those who will be trying out the demo anyway, they're a nice set of bonuses just for playing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
CE from GameStop that I ordered this morning shipped today. Hoping to get it on Tuesday-ish & get a chance to play it between college classes & homework.

Laieon

Literally just clicked on this thread when I get a text message from Amazon telling me my order shipped. I won't be getting it until the 10th, unfortunately (and I even have prime!), but I can wait another few days.

Is the demo a sample from the game or is it it's own thing? I might play that a bit, but I don't really want to do the same part twice.

terrisus

Didn't play as much of the demo as I thought I might - after a certain point, even though it's different from the main game, I just wanted to save as much of my time and attention for the main game as possible.

This easily looks to be the best JRPG since Dragon Quest IX. Been in love with it since it was first shown in Japan, and was thrilled when it was announced it would be brought over here. It's been a long wait, but it will definitely be worth it.

As a European who has imported a 3DS from the US to get earlier access to Fire Emblem, Virtue's Last Reward and Shin Megami Tensei IV, this wait has been especially painful :p

Anyway, my videogamesplus order went to 'shipping' earlier today, so I hope it's here soonish. I can't wait!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
CE from GameStop that I ordered this morning shipped today. Hoping to get it on Tuesday-ish & get a chance to play it between college classes & homework.
Wow, I had my doubts about that re-opening; glad to see the chance for others to hop onto the CE was real.

Matriox

This thread title makes me feel extremely unwelcome as an European who's importing a copy from the US.

Anyway, my videogamesplus order went to 'shipping' earlier today, so I hope it's here soonish. I can't wait!

Ignore the thread title! Welcome!!

Had to preorder from GameStop because Amazon was sold out :(, stoked to drive back home from night shift and pick it up and play a little bit before I sleep the day away :D

i6fUnAnqFF3Yr.jpg

Oh man. This image deserves to get a lot of use.

Zephyl

I can't wait!!! I get my CE tomorrow so I'm pretty stoked, but man so many games will be on the backlog list for February and March... =/

Laieon

It helps if you can read what it says :p I jest, but its a simple case of is that really necessary?

I'm pretty sure it was also on the Box for Pokemon X/Y and a Link Between Worlds. I agree, it seems like common sense though.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm pretty sure it was also on the Box for Pokemon X/Y and a Link Between Worlds. I agree, it seems like common sense though.

I first noticed it on Animal Crossing New Leaf. Nintendo is encouraging the youth of America to be literate.

Frogstep

I've had my CE since Monday night and have sunk about 10hrs into the game so far, really loving it!

I'm glad I went the extra mile and got the CE. The artbook is nicer than I thought it would be, it not being hardcover isn't that big of a deal. :p

Richie

I frankly know next to nothing about this game (did download the demo but have yet to try) and yet, holy shit:

ma1pViprKIPQ

Best selling actual game at Amazon US, goddamn.

Matriox

I frankly know next to nothing about this game (did download the demo but have yet to try) and yet, holy shit:

ma1pViprKIPQ

Spiritual successor to Final Fantasy, and above FFXIII-LR on the charts? Sounds about right in my books :D

Velcro Fly

I hope this sells well enough to get the sequel localized.

The wait is going to be agonizing but I have plenty of games to keep me busy :)

ohlawd

ma1pViprKIPQ

Wow, look at those PSN cards taking the top spots.

I would have made a pretty good joke about the PSN Final Fantasy sale going on last week but ah :(

dwix

A freak snow in Dallas may prevent me from getting my copy tomorrow... Here's hoping it doesn't. I put an obscene about of time into the demo, can't wait!

Beautiful OT, can't wait! It's been a while since I've been this genuinely excited about a JRPG from Square Enix. Hope it's a sign of good things to come.

Holy shit at the Amazon best seller list! So happy this game seems to be a hit around the world. I'll be downloading mine at midnight. So excited!

Goli

For the Americas?

But my Canadas screwed up and I've had the game since Tuesday :D
Americas as in North and South America, the game is also launching tomorrow there but I guess most people don't know or forget that. South America pretty much always gets games on the same dates North America does as far as I know.

Top Bottom