• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

i dont know what to do, i wanted the CE , but that doesnt arrive down here until next wednesday , normal version arrives tomorrow. decisions.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, I had my doubts about that re-opening; glad to see the chance for others to hop onto the CE was real.
Yeah, saw the thread that mentioned it, so I called my store since I was about to head into class, but they said it was online only. Despite not being able to get an order accepted for about 2-ish years (because it'd tell me some kind of banking issue or something despite using numerous different debit cards), I just tried it since I had $42 in credit & a $25 e-gift card & sure enough, it went through.

Based on past orders, GameStop's actually rather fast with their cheapest shipping (at least for me). 5-10 days usually results in about 3 for me. I just can't wait to have the battle theme playing in my car while I drive to & from college.

I just finished the demo about a week ago and I'm really looking forward to picking up the full game.

I just hope I won't be missing out on much with regards to the street pass stuff.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
In Transit : On Schedule
Expected delivery: Friday, February 7, 2014, by 8:00pm

I am so happy =D =D =D

Now I need a plan to steal my 3DS back from my sister, help me gaf.

So I'm the type that likes to keep track of how long they've been playing this game or that. I'm curious, with the game heavily incentivizing leaving it running in sleep mode, does the save game timer keep ticking while your 3ds is closed up? Also, is this at all likely to diminish the lifespan of the hardware?

I'm finishing up the demo tonight but had a question: How do you change what character is running around on the map screen/leading the party or whatnot?

Matriox

I just finished the demo about a week ago and I'm really looking forward to picking up the full game.

I just hope I won't be missing out on much with regards to the street pass stuff.

According to my earlier Post:

Caldisian Adventurer's Set (Norende town fully restored)
Bronze Bangle
Phoenix Down (2)

You're not missing much from completing the town via street pass.

I'm finishing up the demo tonight but had a question: How do you change what character is running around on the map screen/leading the party or whatnot?

Start->Tactics->Sort

Should I play through the demo just for the extra stuff? I'll be able to start from where I left off anyways right?

Naw, the demo bonuses are pretty mild. They don't give much of an advantage. Also, the demo's content is unique to the demo. Your quest progression and characters don't transfer to the main game like say, the Etrian Odyssey demos did. The only things that transfer over are registered friends, up to 20 villagers from street passing, and the various item bonuses (again, mild.)

Start->Tactics->Sort

Naw, the demo bonuses are pretty mild. They don't give much of an advantage. Also, the demo's content is unique to the demo. Your quest progression and characters don't transfer to the main game like say, the Etrian Odyssey demos did. The only things that transfer over are registered friends, up to 20 villagers from street passing, and the various item bonuses (again, mild.)

I don't know if 20 villagers is mild. That's like the difference between something taking 10 hours vs 10 minutes. I have no idea how easy it is to get villagers in the main game though. Thanks for telling me how to switch the lead.

Eusis

To be fair, many games have had that "warning" on them for years, it's nothing new.
The bigger surprise may be the fact it's on a T rated game, I usually expect this on E10+ and younger because the rating implies it's suitable for a young child so it's good to have a heads up if greater literacy than, say, Mario is needed or at least useful. Though despite the T rating Nintendo may've felt it's kid OK personally and so they threw that on anyway, though it's going to be a little weird if there's no 3D warning on the front either.

Alright thanks. Won't bother and will jump straight into the game then!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
My CE is being shipped to the third party shipping service that I'm using but I'm so tempted to just purchase the digital version. Especially after much contemplating, the CE doesn't seem my cup of tea (with the supposedly diminished art book and the 10 track music selection).

According to my earlier Post:

You're not missing much from completing the town via street pass.

Ah, I completed the town and everything in the demo. I meant I hope I don't miss out on a bunch of stuff by not being able to do street pass in the full game.

Thanks for the reply though.

Leeness

Americas as in North and South America, the game is also launching tomorrow there but I guess most people don't know or forget that. South America pretty much always gets games on the same dates North America does as far as I know.

I know, I'm just being a jerk ;)

Anyway, having a lot of fun with this game so far. Love everything about it <3

Welcome back Final Fantasy. Haha.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, I completed the town and everything in the demo. I meant I hope I don't miss out on a bunch of stuff by not being able to do street pass in the full game.

I think you can register friends and get streetpass villagers through the internet daily. No need for physical street passing.

Matriox

Ah apologies, that I don't know the answer to, gonna have to wait and see when I get it tomorrow morning for myself too :). I don't street pass by many myself so hopefully it isn't an issue.

getting this hopefully sometime this month alongside a 3DSXL and a few other games
this is the last time i make the mistake of getting rid of a handheld i might use later
Hrmm. Amazon is showing estimated delivery of the 11th, with prime. This will not do...
do you get games faster with Prime?
family is considering getting it

I don't know if 20 villagers is mild. That's like the difference between something taking 10 hours vs 10 minutes. I have no idea how easy it is to get villagers in the main game though. Thanks for telling me how to switch the lead.

Sorry, I meant to say the item bonuses are mild. Those are the only things he'll be missing out on by not finishing the demo. Villagers in the demo are only received from street pass, and so long as he checks his street pass counter in the demo before firing up the main game, he'll miss out on nothing by not playing it. 20 villagers is a pretty significant bonus... unless you street pass so often that you can get those 20 villagers between now and the game's release. Then it wouldn't seem like such a big deal.

How integral is the street passing feature? I NEVER street pass, would I be missing out on a big chunk of the game? The demo makes it seem that way.

getting this hopefully sometime this month alongside a 3DSXL and a few other games
this is the last time i make the mistake of getting rid of a handheld i might use later

do you get games faster with Prime?
family is considering getting it

From Amazon. "Release-Date Delivery is available in checkout when both the item and your delivery address are eligible." I thought I was since I got the PS4 on release day, but could be wrong. Maybe the system was special deal.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You can get more villagers over the internet. Streetpass not required.
That reminds me, there gonna be a thread where all of us can exchange villagers, data, etc. or will we just post them here & then there'll be a list made or something?

terrisus

The bigger surprise may be the fact it's on a T rated game, I usually expect this on E10+ and younger because the rating implies it's suitable for a young child so it's good to have a heads up if greater literacy than, say, Mario is needed or at least useful. Though despite the T rating Nintendo may've felt it's kid OK personally and so they threw that on anyway, though it's going to be a little weird if there's no 3D warning on the front either.

This is actually a decent point. If one is stating that a game is only suitable for those ages 13 and up...
Well, actually, considering the literacy rates of many people, still probably not a bad idea...

Animekatt

9 more hours until I can play this!!! I got my pick up confirmation for the CE from Best Buy and GameStop, but will get it from BB since I have the GCU. Nice OT Goli.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

I'm gonna guess Nintendo will just put that on every RPG they publish.

dreamfall

So, so excited!

The demo was freaking incredible. I didn't want to boot it up too many times, so I just left it open for 10ish hours!

Hobbun

Looking forward to this tomorrow. I'm a bit disappointed that the art book for the CE is paperback, and not hardcover like the EU edition.

But still really looking forward to the game itself.

Looking forward to this tomorrow. I'm a bit disappointed that the art book for the CE is paperback, and not hardcover like the EU edition.

But still really looking forward to the game itself.

I was also a little let down that the artbook is paperback, still, not a bad package. Are the artbooks at least content identical?

Also, what's the deal with the AR card deck? What purpose do they serve?

An-Det

My copy of the game is arriving tomorrow, I can't wait to start it. Especially with what looks like a snowy Sunday, it'll be great to chill on the couch and get into a new rpg.

lfc11

Neo Member
I was also a little let down that the artbook is paperback, still, not a bad package. Are the artbooks at least content identical?

I think scanning an AR card plays a short cut scene/ displays a 3D model.

terrisus

Have fun in half an hour eShoppers

I just gotta have my CE :(

Yeah, I really, really want the Collector's Edition...
But I want this game always on my system and always with me.

It really sucks that there's not a way to get the Collector's Edition but with the download version of the game.
Ah well, 3 more minutes...

Frogstep

Yeah the artbooks are all the same. It honestly doesn't feel that bad in your hands. Wish it was hardcover but it's still pretty nice.

Some of the AR cards contain like these small AR movies, kind of like the one you get when you first start up your game. Others I've messed around just seem be to character model viewers. They're pretty neat. :p

Mononoke

Banned
Should be up in 2 min. Woo. I'm hoping we don't get a crash like we did with Pokemon (given Pokemon is a lot bigger). Even if that is the case, E-shop recovered within 30 min.

EDIT: Got in and out. Took me under a minute. It's downloading really fast too! :)

Top Bottom