• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Looking forward to picking this up today but I'm wondering if the story is worth anything at all? Game reminds me a lot of Warriors of Light which I enjoyed but I can't say I remember any of the characters.

terrisus

Since the 2DS is cheaper do you guys think it's worth it to buy over the 3DS XL? really wanna play this game and considering buying a system for it.

I personally never use the 3D feature, so in theory the 2DS would be perfect for me.
But, the form factor of the 3DS XL is much, much better than the 2DS.

I personally never use the 3D feature, so in theory the 2DS would be perfect for me.
But, the form factor of the 3DS XL is much, much better than the 2DS.

Damn it, gonna be a hard decision to make, I don't really care about the 3D aspect, just mostly how comfortable it is.

terrisus

Damn it, gonna be a hard decision to make, I don't really care about the 3D aspect, just mostly how comfortable it is.

Yeah, as I said, I don't care for the 3D aspect at all either, but, the 3DS XL is significantly more comfortable.
Unless price is a huge, huge consideration, I would strongly recommend the 3DS XL as the way to go.

Matriox

Since the 2DS is cheaper do you guys think it's worth it to buy over the 3DS XL? really wanna play this game and considering buying a system for it.

Is the system staying at home most of the time? I personally never use 3D but love the screen size of the XL. I have some limited experience with my daughter's 2DS and I think would be fine but I wouldn't get one because I travel so much. Even then it probably wouldnt be a problem with a case for the 2DS but the larger screen size is king for me.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?

Not sure how comfy the 2ds is but I would recommend getting the XL and order one of these . It's only 4 bucks but it takes 2-3 weeks for it to come in from China. It makes the 3ds XL feel like holding a 360 controller. Also I never use the 3d function too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-contro...=US_Video_Game_Cases_Bags&hash=item5d4544f5fc

You might be surprised about the 3D. I was never a huge fan of 3D in general (unless done very well), and some games just look fantastic and clearly better with the 3D on.

The town arts are beautiful in 3D, if this somehow can help you decide :p

That makes it harder haha

Yeah, as I said, I don't care for the 3D aspect at all either, but, the 3DS XL is significantly more comfortable.
Unless price is a huge, huge consideration, I would strongly recommend the 3DS XL as the way to go.

It's 70 dollars more was gonna trade things in and see where it gets me, I may be able to shell out the extra cash. But I also want to pick up the game with the system

Is the system staying at home most of the time? I personally never use 3D but love the screen size of the XL. I have some limited experience with my daughter's 2DS and I think would be fine but I wouldn't get one because I travel so much. Even then it probably wouldnt be a problem with a case for the 2DS but the larger screen size is king for me.

I usually game on handheld systems at home, never really took one out of the house since I was a kid

Not sure how comfy the 2ds is but I would recommend getting the XL and order one of these . It's only 4 bucks but it takes 2-3 weeks for it to come in from China. It makes the 3ds XL feel like holding a 360 controller. Also I never use the 3d function too
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-contro...=US_Video_Game_Cases_Bags&hash=item5d4544f5fc

Thanks, that would be something I would totally be interested in. If I go the 3DS XL route I will definitely buy this.

You might be surprised about the 3D. I was never a huge fan of 3D in general (unless done very well), and some games just look fantastic and clearly better with the 3D on.

I played with an old 3DS it didn't impress me much, but maybe it wasn't the right game to be playing in 3D with. The biggest thing making me lean towards the XL is the screen size

Woo!! Just finished downloading it took ~65 minutes from start to finish. I'll probably start playing after my morning classes since I'm very tired at the moment. So hyped!!!

FryHole

Looking forward to picking this up today but I'm wondering if the story is worth anything at all? Game reminds me a lot of Warriors of Light which I enjoyed but I can't say I remember any of the characters.

Characters are well written and certainly memorable - the story is decent, but won't make many "all time top 10 JRPG stories" lists.

Do people recommend getting into the demo before playing the actual game?

If you've already decided you're going to buy it, the demo isn't really worth it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Spoilers, btw.

Just did chapter 4. You know, wouldn't things be a lot less troublesome if
braev actually told edea what the hell was going on with the crystals?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The music is so fucking good.

Honestly loving everything about this, except for the terrible voice acting so far.
Contractions everywhere.

Honestly tho the side character voices so far are pretty good, it's just any time someone tries to sound young it's annoying. Ah well, I learned from anime that if I keep at it long enough I become numb to it. It's just a process that I have to restart with every new thing like this.

Omg... I didn't like the demo that much, so I'm not sure if I should get this.
This is so much better than the demo I'm going to cry.

Matriox

Do people recommend getting into the demo before playing the actual game?

I mean sure the demo was fun, but not necessary at all unless you aren't sure you want the game. The classes were a bit overwhelming when giving most of them to you at the same time rather than a little by little in the game. If you're on the fence about buying it try the demo out.

Jasconius

Well, it is nice to see another release with the Japanese voices left in for the voiceover, but I was really surprised to see that they actually have the option for the Japanese text, too, if you want! Pretty awesome, I am enjoying it quite a bit.

You can even mess around with the settings a little bit and just have the names in Japanese but the rest of the text in English, lol. Thanks, Squenix!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
oh man I am going to be spamming the miiverse with all my dumb thoughts

edit: does sleep mode earn sp if it's on the title screen?

edit 2: since it displays the amount accumulated to the minute, I was able to experiment and discover that no, it does not build from sleeping at the title screen, only your loaded game.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So I haven't finished my playthrough yet even though I'm EU.

Which OT to post in...

Sora_N

Honestly loving everything about this, except for the terrible voice acting so far.

We'll see if Ringabel changes my mind.

I like all the English voices except Ringabel lol. Also hated that random mage guy near the beginning. And the monk...lol.

Matriox

These posts are making me jealous I can't pick mine up until after night shift AND gamestop doesn't open until 10 (4 where I'm at).. On top of all of that I should get some sleep from being at work for 13 hours, curses on friday releases!!

Frogstep

Honestly tho the side character voices so far are pretty good, it's just any time someone tries to sound young it's annoying. Ah well, I learned from anime that if I keep at it long enough I become numb to it. It's just a process that I have to restart with every new thing like this.

Lol samesies! After 10+ hours into the game I don't even hear/feel it anymore. This game so good that I just don't even care. :)

Sober

I haven't even played the demo yet. I still have like another ten games in my 3DS backlog I want to go through.

I'm going to pick this up soon, aren't I?

I personally found the characters to be appalling, as if written by a 12 year old. It prevented me from caring too much about the plot and universe, which in the end turned out to be mildly interesting however.

That said, the art and battle system were SO amazingly good that I had no problem playing this well beyond 100 hours.

duckroll

Only got to see the intro so far. I'm surprised how I've never seen the full intro FMV until now. I had no idea how the game even starts. I guess I've been in a non-intentional black out? Lol.

Mendrox

You american folks are in for a heavy awesome trip.

Enjoy the game and it's ending. :) Also use your friends often!

Ark

I've had this game since release in the EU and I still haven't started it. Poured 9 hours into the demo and said I'd get to playing it when I finish Zelda ALBW. I still haven't finished Zelda yet..

Shaanyboi

Banned
Sooo I got my copy of the CE from Best Buy... and had completely forgotten I'd ordered one from Amazon as well.

Sooo... who wants a Collector's Edition?

demidar

I've had this game since release in the EU and I still haven't started it. Poured 9 hours into the demo and said I'd get to playing it when I finish Zelda ALBW. I still haven't finished Zelda yet..

I uninstalled Zelda for this. But I already finished Zelda.

What I do need though is a bigger SD card for the future.

TnK

THIS BETTER BE WORTH THE $124 I JUST PAYED FOR THE CE >=(

Why does shipping from the US to other countries cost so much?

Guru-Guru

Banned
I played 38 hours of the JP version, then kind of lost interest and haven't touched it for 4 months or so. I might start playing it again once I finish a couple of other titles on my backlog.

Top Bottom