• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

My CE arrives on the 11th. Unfortunately my 3DS is out for repair, they're shipping it back to me now but I don't know if it will arrive in time. :(

Still very excited for the game!

Sora_N

Why did they put settings in 'Tactics'? I was wondering why I couldn't find any 'Options / Settings' at all...

Lucent

I saw this on Amazon after updating my payment method.
Iy4uupq.png

Like really? lol. I don't know why people like to make joke reviews.

Anyway, mine probably isn't going to arrive until the 11th. I'd probably have held out on this until later, but I had to grab the CE.

May16

I played 38 hours of the JP version, then kind of lost interest and haven't touched it for 4 months or so. I might start playing it again once I finish a couple of other titles on my backlog.

The original JP version, or the amazingly improved For the Sequel (which became the Euro/American version)?

The original was good, but dayum, after the tweaks in the international version, I can't go back.

Ken

Any tips for maximizing/understanding Brave, Default, and Bravely Second? I understand the mechanic but don't understand how to best apply them in battle.

It costs about $60 to ship out. I also payed a lot for the game itself.

I swear, this better be the best CE to ever grace this earth, because this is the first time I pay this amount for a CE of this size.

Isn't it the same as the EU one? If so, it's not worth the price at all no. The statue of Agnes doesn't look anything like her, the album isn't the actual full album, but just a few songs. Then there's some cards you'll probably never use. It'll probably have collector's value though, so reselling it in the future might make you a profit at least.

Any tips for maximizing/understanding Brave, Default, and Bravely Second? I understand the mechanic but don't understand how to best apply them in battle.

It all depends on the classes you play (some give boosts for having more than 0BP, others for less than 0, some let you gain BP under certain circumstances etc). For instance, you can go all out with your damage dealer and just keep pumping to minus 4BP, but you'll probably want to prevent doing that with your healer so you can keep the party alive. If you have a hard hitting boss for example, you probably want to prevent a scenario where you can't respond to his attacks by going too far under 0BP, but they use BP as well, so if they go under 0, you know you'll be safe from harm next turn and you can plan your tactics around all that and so on.

Neifirst

I haven't been this excited to play a game since Ni No Kuni. That demo was so incredibly addictive! Just wish it would download faster...

Qord

Neo Member
Ahh can't wait to pick this up today. The demo was awesome and kept me hooked. Really looking forward to diving into a jrpg again.

duckroll

The Bravely Second system in the game sounds reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad. I'm not going to touch it at all, but now I'm even more worried about the sequel. :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The Bravely Second system in the game sounds reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad. I'm not going to touch it at all, but now I'm even more worried about the sequel. :(

It's really easy to ignore though, I haven't even considered it. At one point early in the story your characters will talk to you about it, but it's not like the game keeps begging you to use it or anything

duckroll

It's really easy to ignore though, I haven't even considered it. At one point early in the story your characters will talk to you about it, but it's not like the game keeps begging you to use it or anything

Yes, it's really easy to ignore in this game because it was tacked on to "give players a taste of what they're planning for the sequel". My concern is that the implementation suggested here is so awful it's making me even more worried for the sequel. I was already concerned when I first heard about what it was.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, it's really easy to ignore in this game because it was tacked on to "give players a taste of what they're planning for the sequel". My concern is that the implementation suggested here is so awful it's making me even more worried for the sequel. I was already concerned when I first heard about what it was.

If they're planning on basing the combat around the concept in the next installment I'm not even touching it. They can't be that dumb though?
right?

Have Square said anything on the matter? Are people actually using it ? And by using it I mean beyond sleep time SP. Are people paying money for those dumb time-stop moves?

Fey

Banned
wait what is this about few copies available in stores

this won't be another fire emblem situation will it?

duckroll

If they're planning on basing the combat around the concept in the next installment I'm not even touching it. They can't be that dumb though?
right?

We'll see I guess. I don't think they intend on making a bad game just to moneygrab, at least I hope not. There isn't much info about the sequel at all so far. I expect they will use the system but probably have better ways to replenish SP in the game itself. If not, welp.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Since people seemed interested in this, so much to do that without me posting anything...

Amazon.com, @13:02 GMT

Bravely Default - 4th

Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
PS3 - 6th
360 - 45th

And I hope today someone will post the US eShop Chart in the Jan-Feb eShop charts thread. :D

colinp

Banned
Played for 1:30. Love love love the music.

Could someone explain nemeses to me? I accidently skipped the tutorial text.

bryehn

How big is the download? I'm still not even done the demo, but could see myself playing this off and on over the year.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

They're extra bosses you can fight for XP
and sometimes steal items from with a particular job, that you can sell for lots of moneys

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
We'll see I guess. I don't think they intend on making a bad game just to moneygrab, at least I hope not. There isn't much info about the sequel at all so far. I expect they will use the system but probably have better ways to replenish SP in the game itself. If not, welp.

I hope they don't fu*k it up. Combat system in BD is great, and fortunately you can avoid to use the microtransactions. Seriously a great, great RPG experience, both classic and modern, that captured me a lot
before the save file corrupted and I had to re-download the game and to restart it. From. The. Beginning. ;___________;

I expect them to come up wit better ways to replenish SP as well. Artworks so far looked great, so I hope they don't throw away the great basis created with the first title.

You get them sent by Square Enix and guests when you update data or from guests when you StreetPass people.

They're optional bosses you can fight in Norende. Once you beat them, they leave the village and you gain the usual exp, etc.

Up to 7 can be in your village at once; newer nemeses will replace older ones, unless you Protect one. You can also choose to Send one, in case anybody meets you as a guest.

colinp

Banned
They're extra bosses you can fight for XP
and sometimes steal items from with a particular job, that you can sell for lots of moneys

You get them sent by Square Enix and guests when you update data or from guests when you StreetPass people.

They're optional bosses you can fight in Norende. Once you beat them, they leave the village and you gain the usual exp, etc.

Up to 7 can be in your village at once; newer nemeses will replace older ones, unless you Protect one. You can also choose to Send one, in case anybody meets you as a guest.

Thank you!

Sadist

Every 24 hours you can send out friend invites over the internet and the Mii's sent to you can carry Nemesis enemies. You can choose to fight them in the Norende town screen which you can access by pressing the right d-pad button.

Proven

Picking this game up on Saturday on the way to see a friend. Can someone tell me how quickly you unlock Streetpass features in the full game?

Ricker

wait what is this about few copies available in stores

this won't be another fire emblem situation will it?

I never take a chance with 3DS games anymore,especially JRPG's...this isn't Atlus but they tend to get few copies around here of these and get hard to find quick because of this...I always pre-order now(physical)...of course if you go digital,you avoid all that.

atbigelow

Purchased on eShop, downloading as we speak. Unfortunately busy tonight after work, so I don't expect to get to play it for a while. :/

zroid

Banned

Yeah I know what you mean. Hopefully the way it's implemented here really is just a "taste" and not fully indicative of how it'll work in the sequel.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh man, Utsusemi is RIDICULOUS. Went "fuck managing resistances" in the
6 dragon fights for the vampire quest
and I'm just currently running through them solo with just edea.

Top Bottom