• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second western release incoming

Reveirg

Ys games' music hasn't been as strong, Xenoblade X is a far cry from Xenoblade's excellent soundtrack.

That's a bit harsh IMO, recent Ys have great soundtracks.
Xenoblade X's is very eclectic, I see how it could put off some people, especially after Xenoblade's very "traditional" sound, but it's quality work too.

Unfortunately, what I heard from Bravely Second doesn't inspire me the same confidence, especially following up Revo's brilliant work. =( And that seems to be a general consensus, I haven't seen ANYONE claiming Bravely Second's soundtrack is better.

Overside

Banned
Unless the game gets a serious world/town and dungeon design overhaul, im good.

It was pretty, and i dont regret it as a one off gimmick....

But basically just walking around on a pretty jpeg with no one really worth talking too, and nothing to really do isnt going to get me to round 2.

ConceptX

Never understood why you'd brand a game with final fantasy classes, final fantasy spells, summons, and monster, with a very final fantasy setting and characters and call it anything but final fantasy.

One of these days I'll even finish playing it <_<

It's called Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, BD:FF.

The subtitle FF is literally only there as a nod to basically being Final Fantasy.

I think it's was a good move, if the series kicks off to become a core IP, then they aren't bound by the expectations of a Final Fantasy title and have more room to experiment whilst using tried and true concepts from Final Fantasy.

Paltheos

I thought Ys music is just as good as it's always been. Underground Ruin from Celeceta is among my favourite area themes of all time, and there are a lot of other awesome tracks like Ancient Land and more

I do agree with you overall point though. Xenoblade :(

Seconding this. You may not like the party system, but Celceta's music is really good. Some people who had played the older versions of Ys IV had complained some of the best tracks were missing in the remixes, but that doesn't take away from the many good tracks that are in the game.

Top Bottom