• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Dollarz

Sepinwall notes that the Breaking Bad S5 press kit is out:Avatarized:
ERS5a.jpg

A couple places have confirmed that they're showing the S5 premiere at Comic Con the day before it airs, as well.

Taken.

Edit: Fuck!

People always say 'I AM THE ONE THAT KNOCKS' scene is his best performance this season but I really do think that scene is his finest moment in the whole season. It's acted so well. It's almost as if he (and / or the writer) experienced it in his own personal life or something. So good. I seen something like that in my own life with a family member so obviously I could relate to it a little bit.

I wonder what ep will be used for his Emmy stuff. Would be amazing if he wins it again.
Totally agree. I also loved his performance when walt was having lunch with gretchen, that anger was so intense.

oh yea that season 5 trailer is money

maharg

idspispopd
The mystery is great while the show is going on, but I'd much rather it not be left as a loose end after the show ends.

Vlad

I'd don't know if i want to know about the details, I like the mystery of it as well as the contrasting opinions on what really went down.

Same here. Honestly, while we don't have the absolute specific details, we know Walt can be so full of it that I'm inclined to completely believe Gretchen's side of the story.

If they do any flashbacks, I'd rather them show exactly how Brock got poisoned. Was it Walt or Saul (or one of his goons?) who actually did the deed and how?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Walt found out that Gretchen had either lied or never told him about her family being very rich and he got upset and left her immediately, burned all bridges with her and Eliott and then acted like the victim when they continued without him and achieved great success.

Carbonox

Just starting watching "Salud" from last night's rerun on AMC. Jesse dressing down the chemist in Mexico is so good. :D Just the tip of the iceberg with this episode that includes Walt's speech to Jr ("It's all my fault") and Gus, Jesse, and Mike vs Don Eladio by the pool.

That episode is my favourite out of the whole series I think. Gus was fucking boss in the way he handled his plan. I was sat there with an open mouth the entire time.

Casting tidbit:

- EW.com: 'Breaking Bad' taps Scottish actress Laura Fraser to play 'important' character in season 5
The AMC drama is introducing an “important” character in the second episode played by Scottish actress Laura Fraser, executive producer Vince Gilligan tells EW. Gilligan describes Lydia as
a “former of associate of Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) who’s integral to the proceedings of season 5,” as well as someone who is “nervous about her place in the world.”

mnvVB.jpg

mooooose

Pretty clear that Gretchen and Walt were in a relationship and they, with Elliot, started Grey Matter together. Then Gretchen left Walt for Elliot and his pride got in the way of their working relationship and he cashed out whatever he had done, and they went on to make a ton of money.

The back story isn't important. It's that Walt is willing to refuse money, his EARNED money, just because of his pride. I doubt we'll see much more of it, maybe him buying Grey Matter as a real "fuck you" and destroying Gretchen and Elliot just for his fun.

Binabik15

Pretty clear that Gretchen and Walt were in a relationship and they, with Elliot, started Grey Matter together. Then Gretchen left Walt for Elliot and his pride got in the way of their working relationship and he cashed out whatever he had done, and they went on to make a ton of money.

The back story isn't important. It's that Walt is willing to refuse money, his EARNED money, just because of his pride. I doubt we'll see much more of it, maybe him buying Grey Matter as a real "fuck you" and destroying Gretchen and Elliot just for his fun.

Gretchen said: You left ME. And I got the feeling from Walt's how I hooked up with Skyler that he might have been still with Gretchen at that time.

He's a use your bootstraps, no charity for me, wah, wah, why isn't me being smart and everyone else not as good as me not enough to be rich and admired like I deserve, wah guy. Wouldn't even ask his mother for money, but sells drugs inszead

xbhaskarx

The mystery is great while the show is going on, but I'd much rather it not be left as a loose end after the show ends.

How is it a loose end? It's as much a loose end as "What is Walt's relationship with his mother and why" or "Whatever happened to the crackhead couple's kid"....

I keep thinking about how horrible the mid-season (or end of season?) cliffhanger is going to be. It's the end of the show and some shit is probably gonna go down, so there's probably a number of really, really torturous places to leave it at.

Walt is standing in his new awesome lab that he is the boss off, telling his minions what to do and where to go and sell the blue stuff. Then he turns around and there's Hank, pointing a gun at him.

Boom, credits.

ReiGun

Nintaiyo

So I was watching the season finale of season 2, and in the scene where Skyler tells Walt to leave the house, one of the shots looked really familiar. It was composed almost identically to one of the shots from the 'Scared' season 5 teaser.

Since people in this thread can be ninnies about spoilers, I'll just link the picture:
http://imgur.com/fNdOf

The parallelism between the situations is pretty obvious given what Skyler says in the teaser, but it's this sort of care and attention to detail that makes re-watching Breaking Bad so awesome. Also, I love how much darker the second shot is!

Vlad

I'd love this to be touched on in a past meets present sort of way

Eh, count me in for an "against" as far as that goes. We already got both their perspectives on it, and we've got no reason to doubt Gretchen, so why waste the time going into detail unless it somehow ends up relevant?

It's sort of like the last season of The Shield, where they
seemed to bring back a random character for "closure" in almost every episode. Sure, it was neat seeing some of them again, but a lot of the time it seemed forced after a while when there was just this parade of previous characters that you had pretty much forgotten about popping back up

big ander

Why wouldn't they revisit his character?
dude was blown the fuck up. He has to show up again. [/not a spoiler]
exactly why I could see them not revisiting him: his death cemented him as Breaking Bad's scary powerful villain, a man with a dark past and a nearly fantasy-level intimidating presence. He was an icon, and it would make sense if they wanted to leave him as such.

At the same time, they could delve back into his legacy and fully humanize the character. Either way could work, and Gilligan probably has an idea for which he'd prefer.

- EW.com interview: 'Breaking Bad' star Aaron Paul on shooting 'Problem Dog'
For a high school burnout, Jesse Pinkman has made quite a name for himself. Unfortunately, it’s murdering meth maker. For four seasons running, AMC’s Breaking Bad has depicted the mesmerizing descent of Walter White (Bryan Cranston) into evil, but it has also captivated us with the doomed struggles of his partner that he’s dragged down with him: the angry, lost, and wounded underdog Jesse (Aaron Paul).

After claiming the Outstanding Supporting Actor Emmy for his potent work in season 3, Paul impressed again in season 4, as Jesse struggled to rebuild his life after gunning down the not-exactly-dangerous chemist Gale (David Costabile). The seventh episode, “Problem Dog,” in particular, proved an emotional showcase for Paul. Still haunted by Gayle’s face (he sees him in his first-person shooter video game), Jesse is instructed by Walt (Bryan Cranston) to kill again by poisoning drug kingpin Gustavo Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) with ricin. Caught between his two lords, he nearly does it with trembling hands, before Mike (Jonathan Case) interrupts to give him, of all things, a loaded gun for other reasons.

But the scene from “Problem Dog” that truly resonates was the one in which Jesse attends an N.A. support group meeting. He lays himself bare, though tucking his admission of Gayle’s murder in the analogy of killing a dog (“I was looking him straight in the eye. He didn’t know what was happening, he didn’t know why.”) before lashing out at the group (“You’re nothing but customers to me!”). There would be no salvation in confession, not in this episode. Check it out below before reading what Paul had to say about filming one of his favorite episodes.

Also, James Hibberd from EW.com on the new season:
First two 'Breaking Bad' episodes are amazing.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Regarding that poll, I don't get why Mandala isn't generally cited as one of the best Breaking Bad episodes. It's so damn tense and crazy, really introduces Gus fully into the show etc.

Up to that point it was the most 'holy shit' kind of episode for me.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Regarding that poll, I don't get why Mandala isn't generally cited as one of the best Breaking Bad episodes. It's so damn tense and crazy, really introduces Gus fully into the show etc.

Up to that point it was the most 'holy shit' kind of episode for me.

That whole poll is fucked. Grilled and Peekabo are great episodes, but Down and Over deserve to be higher.

Lakitu

st5fu
I don't think I've seen a show with as much amazing and consistent quality that Breaking Bad offers. If there are, there aren't many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom