• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Just going to sneak in here and say that (after hearing all the praise on GAF and other places), my girlfriend and I decided to take a chance on the first season with a buy two get one free used item sale at FYE (I had picked up Kirby: Mass Attack and she had Desperate Housewives: Season 4, so we basically got it for free). We watched the whole first season in one sitting, and the next day we went out and bought Season 2, 3, and 4 brand new at Best Buy ($45 total).

Fricken amazing show, and we both have genuinely enjoyed every episode so far (up to episode 7 on season 2). My favorite so far has to be Episode 2 (?) of Season 2 with Toco and the old man with his bell. Funny and tense as hell! Anyways, I'll try to catch up with you guys sometime during July so I can join in on the disscussion for Season 5. Hope they can keep this quality up!

Side Note: It was bad enough with missing out on The Walking Dead, but potentially missing out the final season of this live just because of some stupid fued between AMC and Dish is going to be the last straw for me; I will be switching to DirectTV if Dish drops AMC.

Haven't they already? I've seen ads saying "Breaking Bad- NOT ON DISH"

Not yet, I think we're still a couple days away from when its supposedly being removed. From what I understand they basically moved it to another channel while a new episode of The Killing was on. Went from like 130 or something to 9610 at the ass end of the program guide. Apparently people watching The Killing saw a black screen halfway through the show and when the feed came back it was already switched to HDNet

edit - I'm reading that it might finally be taken off dish on Saturday

Just going to sneak in here and say that (after hearing all the praise on GAF and other places), my girlfriend and I decided to take a chance on the first season with a buy two get one free used item sale at FYE (I had picked up Kirby: Mass Attack and she had Desperate Housewives: Season 4, so we basically got it for free). We watched the whole first season in one sitting, and the next day we went out and bought Season 2, 3, and 4 brand new at Best Buy ($45 total).

Fricken amazing show, and we both have genuinely enjoyed every episode so far (up to episode 7 on season 2). My favorite so far has to be Episode 2 (?) of Season 2 with Toco and the old man with his bell. Funny and tense as hell! Anyways, I'll try to catch up with you guys sometime during July so I can join in on the disscussion for Season 5. Hope they can keep this quality up!

Side Note: It was bad enough with missing out on The Walking Dead, but potentially missing out the final season of this live just because of some stupid fued between AMC and Dish is going to be the last straw for me; I will be switching to DirectTV if Dish drops AMC.
it only gets better man, strap yourself the fuck in.

Also if your GF doesn't like the episode "Fly", dump her.

Skiesofwonder

Not surprising to see episode 2 at the top; I just couldn't imagine them topping that anytime soon (as in within season 2).

Haven't they already? I've seen ads saying "Breaking Bad- NOT ON DISH"

Supposively they completely banish the network by July 1st (next monday). Right now I'm waiting it out to see if it's a bluff/things get worked out, but if Dish does really get rid of AMC; I'll do everything I can to change to DirectTV before the 15th so I can at least record the first episode of season 5 (If I haven't caught up by then).

Skiesofwonder

it only gets better man, strap yourself the fuck in.

Also if your GF doesn't like the episode "Fly", dump her.

Heh. I'm more then mentally ready to marathon the rest of show in a few days. Too bad my GF and I have conflicting schedules during the week, so the only time we really have to watch Breaking Bad together is on the weekends. Waiting sucks. :/

What season is Fly? I'll make sure to keep a note on it. I doubt she won't like it though, she has enjoyed every episode so far.

Heh. I'm more then mentally ready to marathon the rest of show in a few days. Too bad my GF and I have conflicting schedules during the week, so the only time we really have to watch Breaking Bad together is on the weekends. Waiting sucks. :/

What season is Fly? I'll make sure to keep a note on it. I doubt she won't like it though, she has enjoyed every episode so far.
Fly is a divisive episode. All the people with poor unrefined taste dislike it, all the sophisticated people like it, of course.

It will be a good indication of where she stands.

Also I can't imagine how you're gonna act when you see certain other episodes like craw space and half measures and all that. MANNNN. I want to go back in time. Every episode is great.

Vlad

Fly is the 10th episode of the third season. It's easily the most divisive episode of the entire series. Some people absolutely hate it, while others think it's great.

Fly is the 10th episode of the third season. It's easily the most divisive episode of the entire series. Some people absolutely hate it, while others think it's great.

I think there should be an official roll call in the Season 5 |OT|, everyone has to declare themselves either 'Flying High' or 'No Fly Zone' depending on whether they loved or hated it.

Flying High

blahblah...blah
shadyspace
-Pyromaniac-
EdibleExplosives

No Fly Zone

idiots

Skiesofwonder

Thanks. :)

Fly is a divisive episode. All the people with poor unrefined taste dislike it, all the sophisticated people like it, of course.

It will be a good indication of where she stands.

Also I can't imagine how you're gonna act when you see certain other episodes like craw space and half measures and all that. MANNNN. I want to go back in time. Every episode is great.

Lol, I sense some previous history on GAF with Fly. Personally, I love episodes like that that provide great debate (as long as it doesn't become a regular thing), so I'm excited to see what it brings to the table.

Well, at least you don't have 30+ brand new episodes of Breaking Bad you've never seen before waiting for you at home, begging to be watched. It's not exactly easy to keep your mind clear on papers, class, or really anything when you know the potential awesomeness is only a sick day away from being injected into your veins. I asked my GF if I could watch some episodes without her. I couldn't tell if she was joking or not..... but I'm pretty sure she actually got mad at such a "stupid" suggestion.

Yep, totally some previous history on GAF for this episode. Can't fricken wait!

Fly is a relationship episode. If, like me, your favorite aspect of BB is the relationship between Jesse and Walt then you will inevitably come out loving it.

I think there should be an official roll call in the Season 5 |OT|, everyone has to declare themselves either 'Flying High' or 'No Fly Zone' depending on whether they loved or hated it.

Flying High

blahblah...blah

No Fly Zone

idiots
exactly, and they should be tagged accordingly under their usernames.

And skies, your GF is right. Lucky she didn't leave you for being so inconsiderate.

Time for more tumblr for nostalgia.

tumblr_llo2dnVpku1qa2ot6o1_500.gif

tumblr_lmqovvrjn61qa2ot6o1_500.gif

tumblr_lllrocfDXA1qa2ot6o1_500.gif

I will be GENUINELY disappointed if we don't get at least 6-10+ bitch lines in the final season.

You either like Fly, or you like Fly in a "yeah, that was so silly that it was great" sort of way.
Not liking Fly at all is not an opinion you should be allowed to have.

Skiesofwonder

Fly is a relationship episode. If, like me, your favorite aspect of BB is the relationship between Jesse and Walt then you will inevitably come out loving it.

I'll probably like it then. I love the relationship Jesse and Wakter have already developed, their chemistry together is amazing.

exactly, and they should be tagged accordingly under their usernames.

And skies, your GF is right. Lucky she didn't leave you for being so inconsiderate.

I know. :/

Still worth a try though.

It comes up at least once a month, and the thread focuses on the same debates we've had countless times before until everyone gets it out of their system. So, yes, you could say there's a bit of previous history. ;)

Knew it!

Btw, you guys are getting me super excited for the rest of season 2.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
I'll probably like it then. I love the relationship Jesse and Wakter have already developed, their chemistry together is amazing.

I know. :/

Still worth a try though.

Knew it!

Btw, you guys are getting me super excited for the rest of season 2.

Pun intended?

Also, forget getting excited for the rest of Season 2 (although you obviously should), Season 4 is probably the best season of TV I've ever seen, and I highly doubt anything will beat it soon

Season 3 is goddamn amazing though. That's the problem with this show, it keeps getting better and then you like everything so much you can't choose.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Season 3 is goddamn amazing though. That's the problem with this show, it keeps getting better and then you like everything so much you can't choose.

Yep, every season is definitely better than the last which is crazy. No way Season 5 can keep it up... can it?

Except I struggle to decide between 2 and 3.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Goddamn, I just finished season 4. Watched pretty much the whole series on blu-ray in the past couple months. Seasons 1 and 2 were damn good but 3 and 4 were absolutely fantastic. Not really sure where they can go with season 5, or if it had a chance of being as good without Gus, but I'm pumped to see what happens. 5 is going to be the last season, right?

Goddamn, I just finished season 4. Watched pretty much the whole series on blu-ray in the past couple months. Seasons 1 and 2 were damn good but 3 and 4 were absolutely fantastic. Not really sure where they can go with season 5, or if it had a chance of being as good without Gus, but I'm pumped to see what happens. 5 is going to be the last season, right?
last season, 16 episodes long, split 8 and 8. First 8 starting in july, next 8 next year.

There's no need for a villain like Gus anymore. The whole series has been about building up Walt's "Heisenberg" persona, and now it's complete. We already have our villain, and it's the protagonist.

Wiggum2007

I'll be really disappointed if they just throw in another villain even bigger and badder than Gus. Or if they do, that it is resolved by the end of the first 8 episodes.

Still good?
Oh most definitely.

"Huell, you happy?"
"Reasonably."

I thought this was more of a transitional episode (aside from the last scene in the titular crawl space, of course), but you still have Ted's trip, Walt getting tased plus his confrontation with Gus in the desert, and a bunch of other stuff. So good.

Skiesofwonder

Pun intended?

Heh, no it was unintended. Didn't even realize I did it.

Also, forget getting excited for the rest of Season 2 (although you obviously should), Season 4 is probably the best season of TV I've ever seen, and I highly doubt anything will beat it soon

Ok, I'm officially hyped through the roof right now. Can't wait to watch some more tomorrow night.

good you're excited, but I'd get the hell out of here to avoid spoilers.

Noted. I'm going to tread lightly here, that's for sure.

Heh. My guess is
someone that used to work for Gus or someone that Gus worked for isn't happy with his demise.
I'm pretty sure it was YOU who posted the casting article like a page or two ago lol. I think it's referring to that.
Gus's former associate that will play an integral role in season 5.

SOME GUESS BRO :p

Seriously though, it probably is that and you're probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom