• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Dany

Banned
It's staggering how many horrible things happen in this hour, presented to us by writer Moira Walley-Beckett, director Rian Johnson and company. We return to the shootout in the desert with Gomez already dead, and Hank soon follows him. Jack and the Nazis get their hands on nearly all of Walt's fortune. Walt tells Jesse about Jane, then leaves him in the hands of Todd, who tortures Jesse and forces him to cook meth. Walt steals baby Holly, leaving a wrecked Skyler kneeling in the street. It's the nightmare scenario for everyone we care about even a little (though an awfully good day at the office for the Nazis). Individually, any of these events would be enough to make for one of the darkest "Breaking Bads" ever; all together, we're hurled into a bottomless pit, left feeling somewhere in between the catatonic look on Walt's face after Jack shoots Hank and the hysterical one on Skyler's when Walt drives off with their daughter.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...zymandias-review-take-two#WrEuBlv0j6e4zwh1.99

Man, that episode ripped my heart out so many times. It was fucking awful lol. I remember watching with my roommates and just GOOD GOD, the most tense the room has been since last year of game of thrones. Man o man. I feel like watching it again :p

Season 2 starting on AMC, and man...

I miss this show.

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

someday

Banned
Why did Walt drive an Aztec for so long? Was that a conscious decision to have him drive one of the most hated cars in recent history?

This was also amusing today:

- 'Breaking Bad' fan arrested in million dollar drug bust
SAN CARLOS PARK, FL - On Thursday, deputies revealed exactly what was found in the New Year's Eve raid of a San Carlos Park home.

In a bizarre twist, one of the men involved in the drug bust appeared on our station just a few months before – for a very different reason.

Deputies found over $1 million in street value of synthetic marijuana at 28-year-old Ryan Lee Carroll's home and two other homes on New Year's Eve.

Carroll, who is being seen as the ring leader of the operation, was interviewed in September after he won a nationwide contest to meet the cast of the hit television show ‘Breaking Bad.'

Investigators say the drugs were mixed, packaged, and shipped out of three homes in Florida.

They say one house was used for packaging and distribution, while the other locations were used for storing the synthetic marijuana in dozens of plastic containers.

The synthetic marijuana was shipped nationally as far as Mexico, according to investigators.

"This is every bit a profit driven major league income producing operation," Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott. "That's what this is about."

Carroll, Benjamin Smith and James Allen were all arrested on felony charges of possession of synthetic narcotics and a misdemeanor charge of keeping a shop or vehicle for dangerous drugs.

He spoke to us back in September about why he loved the show so much.

"It's just so addicting. It's such a good show. I think its addicting because people can relate to the main character," said Carroll.

northead

Don't hate me for digging this thread up.
I am still all shook up after this tribute video - it's by far the best one I've seen.
I though it was definitely worth sharing.

http://vimeo.com/93042217

Don't watch this unless you have seen the entirety of the show though!

nice! too bad I already but each season separately, lol

That's the sign of a true fan, bro. We support the series as we watch it, we don't wait until the series finale to binge-watch the seasons and then buy the collectors edition because we've only been watching the show for two weekends.

Dany

Banned
amc-breakign-bad-emmy-billboard__140519163938.jpg

It is now the final eight episodes that ran from August 8-September 29, 2013 that are potential contenders with TV Academy voters. Reaching what felt like a hysteria heading into its record-breaking finale, Season 5B averaged 8.6 million viewers with 5.7 million adults 18-49. Not that AMC or producer Sony TV are done with things Breaking Bad – prequel spinoff Better Call Saul is coming this fall.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/emmys-2014-breaking-bad-campaign-billboards-amc-photo/

Frost_Ace

Leave it to David Milch to hammer the final nail in the coffin of Team Walt:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/06/vulture-tv-awards-david-milch-best-villain-walter-white.html

It's kind of crazy to think that Milch is watching Hannibal, GoT, House of Cards and BB. Really glad he wrote that though.

Love the last paragraph:

"He does attempt redemption. He comes out of hiding to ensure Skyler isn’t punished for his crimes. He kills the Aryans and rescues Jesse. He succeeds at providing Walt Jr. with roughly $9 million. But he achieves these small acts of contrition through violence, or at least the promise of it. He’s already doomed, and he shows how far each of us can fall.".

It's kind of crazy to think that Milch is watching Hannibal, GoT, House of Cards and BB. Really glad he wrote that though.

Love the last paragraph:

"He does attempt redemption. He comes out of hiding to ensure Skyler isn’t punished for his crimes. He kills the Aryans and rescues Jesse. He succeeds at providing Walt Jr. with roughly $9 million. But he achieves these small acts of contrition through violence, or at least the promise of it. He’s already doomed, and he shows how far each of us can fall.".

Isn't it??? I just always imagined he'd that kind of genius who's like "I don't really have time or interest to watch TV these days."

So awesome, man.

Vlad

Love the last paragraph:

What I like about all the stuff that he did in the last episode is that absolutely none of it is guaranteed to have worked, or in the case of killing the Aryans, only satisfied his own sense of revenge. There's nothing guaranteeing that Gretchen and Elliot will be able to successfully be able to pass the money along to Junior, I really doubt that just the location of Hank's body will get Skyler completely off the hook, and as far as the Aryans go, does anybody other than Walt or Jesse even know that they're the ones who killed Hank and Steve? Sure, they've been killed, but Marie doesn't know that. She gets to live the rest of her life with her husband's murder unsolved.

That's why I don't get it when people say that the ending wasn't good because "it all worked out for Walt in the end". Yeah, Walt thinks it all worked out for him, but the finale was just the ultimate in his own delusion. We watched Six seasons of Walts plans almost never going to plan, and the finale was yet another stream of his schemes that have absolutely no guarantee of success. He made himself feel better, and that's about it.

Cudder

The complete series Blu Ray is 139.99 in Canada, don't know if it got a price drop or if it was always that price, but it's pretty cheap.

Dany

Banned
2014 Outstanding Drama Series Pending

Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series - Vince Gilligan "Felina"

Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series - Moira Walley-Beckett "Ozymandias"

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series Bryan Cranston

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series Aaron Paul

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series Anna Gunn

BB is going to win Acting, Writing and directing. Series will go to TD.

kehs

Banned
Anyone doing gonna do the rewatch for Breaking Bad? There should totally be a thread for it for anyone just coming into it.

I decided to watch salud and crawl space randomly tonight.

Joe

Do classy, yet awesome, and somewhat subdued (re: not tacky) art prints of Breaking Bad exist?

I would like to get one as a Christmas present for a teenage nephew who loves the show.

Top Bottom