• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

192wWs0.jpg

We have reached the end. The finale of Breaking Bad, "Felina", airs this Sunday at 9pm on AMC. The finale is scheduled for a 75-minute time slot. Presumably it will run about 53 minutes of content and the rest will be commercials. Here is the no-spoiler promo. Put on your diaper & your crash helmet, attach your couch seatbelt, and let's head into New Mexico one last time.

Please take the time to read through the OP - in particular the spoiler rules if you're not familiar with how things are done on TV GAF. Let me know about any omissions, errors, dead links, etc... in the thread and I'll fix them up.

AMC said:
About the Final Episodes

AMC's Emmy Award-winning drama Breaking Bad returns to AMC for its final eight episodes on Sun., Aug. 11 at 9/8c. At the end of the first half of Season 5, Jesse (Aaron Paul) has abandoned the meth business and parted ways with Walt, who claims to Skyler (Anna Gunn) that he, too, is finished. Yet, in one of the series' most pivotal moments, Hank (Dean Norris) discovers that his unassuming brother-in-law is in fact the elusive Heisenberg he has been tracking for so long. In the highly anticipated series conclusion, the sun begins to set on Walter White's (Bryan Cranston) tenuous empire as the world around him begins to unravel and he finds himself as anything but "the king." Yet, even when all hope might be lost, Walt refuses to back down ó determined to fight until the bitter end.

About the Show

Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years left to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.

XObr8jn.jpg

Cast

Bryan Cranston - Walter White
Anna Gunn - Skyler White
Aaron Paul - Jesse Pinkman
Dean Norris - Hank Schrader
Betsy Brandt - Marie Schrader
RJ Mitte - Walter White, Jr.
Bob Odenkirk - Saul Goodman​

Wdqpj.jpg
ibtt4COdwBLYUR.jpg
Kw51z.jpg
inYfvQwIG9N3P.jpg
i1VxmXfhvXlit.jpg
ib0kRIWhQanlYv.jpg
ibxjxxSsxZlJJj.jpg

Other Links and Media

Videos (This is the best of them, check out the post below for a whole lot more)

U7dU5xD.jpg

On Spoilers:

Regular TV thread rules apply:
  • Once an episode airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
  • Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
  • Do not spoiler tag speculation unless it's informed by the preview, interviews, or other information about what's to come
There is a spoiler thread if you'd like to discuss leaks, photos, and other content without spoiler tags:

If anything leaks, please use the other thread for discussion.​

jbwrrHxGPydtPi.jpg

Etiquette and a Plea for Civility:

Things can get a little heated in Breaking Bad threads, and it's a testament to the quality of the show that opinions vary quite widely on numerous characters and plot lines. Please remain civil when you're discussing the show and do not derail the thread with personal insults and other antics. Focus on your side of the debate rather than belittling other posters. There's a lot of interesting content within the show that merits discussion - just be nice while you're arguing about it,
bitch.
:)

Please note the Member Etiquette section of the NeoGAF FAQ and adhere to the recommendations:
NeoGAF FAQ said:
Posting Etiquette

Be polite, please
In general when posting in threads, don't be a dick. Be respectful of other fellow members, and learn to argue against the points in a discussion without making it personal or insulting the other party. Present your points well and others will respect your opinion more. Using proper grammar and avoiding typos will also make it easier for others to understand your message.

Don't derail threads
Forums generally operate differently from chatrooms. While NeoGAF is faster moving than most, and some threads on Off Topic Discussions cover a more general set of topics, it is still best to keep within the perimeters of a discussion. Posting in a manner that would shift the subject of discussion to something completely unrelated to the thread's core discussion point is not welcome.

wQ6r24I.jpg

Hardware:

IsTpR.jpg
Kk9sm.jpg
QKgyU.jpg
cUyQn.jpg
4FmvH.jpg
jwofp.jpg
Vp78k2H.jpg
rmEWeuW.jpg
0VQtily.jpg

T0mOxxS.jpg

Twitter Accounts

Trailers:

Content Round Up - Episode 5 - To'hajiilee

OXgTuNa.jpg

Videos:
Reviews
Other content
- AMC Q&A with RJ Mitte
- NY Mag: Breaking Bad Writer George Mastras on the 'To'hajiilee' Showdown
- Warming Glow: ‘Breaking Bad’ GIF Highlights: To’hajiilee
- THR: 'Breaking Bad' Writer on 'To'Hajiilee': Walt's at His 'Most Vulnerable'
- The New Yorker: Emily Nussbaum podcast on Breaking Bad
- The New Yorker profile: The One Who Knocks - How Bryan Cranston made himself a star (behind the paywall)
- NY Mag: This Week’s Breaking Bad GIFs: Lydia Smiles, Walt Cries
- Insider Podcast for episode 513
- Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston Reflects on Jesse's Betrayal: "He’s a Filthy Little Rat!"
- HD Room: Breaking Bad: The Complete Series Blu-ray a Barrel of Awesome, Coming November 26
- Grantland Podcast - Andy Greenwald interviews Michelle Maclaren
- EW: Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul say it's all downhill from here (VIDEO)
- Matt Zoller Seitz's video review of this week's episode
- Buzzfeed Interview: The Director Of Last Night’s Incredible “Breaking Bad” Talks About The Episode
- Grantland's BS Report with Bill Simmons and Andy Greenwald talking BB
- Sepinwall & Fienberg talking BB for a half hour towards the end of their podcast this week
- NY Mag: Todd Is a Reflection of Breaking Bad’s Other Characters
- Salon.com: “Breaking Bad’s” breakout star: The complex Jesse Plemons

Content Round Up - Episode 6 - Ozymandias

4xJLFfm.jpg

Videos:
Reviews:
Other:
- Warming Glow: ‘Breaking Bad’ GIF Highlights: Ozymandias
- AMC Q&A: Dean Norris
- The Limeliters - Times are getting hard boys (barrel rolling song)
- NY Mag: This Week’s Breaking Bad GIFs: OMG Faces Galore
- Breaking Bad Insider Podcast
- Warming Glow: On Visiting The ‘Breaking Bad’ Set The Day ‘Ozymandias’ Was Filmed
- THR: 'Breaking Bad' Cast to Appear on 'Conan' Next Week
- THR: AMC Releases Ad to Thank Cast, Crew
- Verne Gay @ Newsday: 'Breaking Bad,' 'Ozymandias, 'The Sopranos' and the endgame
- NY Mag: See Director Rian Johnson’s Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Last Night’s Breaking Bad
- Rolling Stone: Aaron Paul Q&A

- Rolling Stone: Bryan Cranston Q&A
- EW: 'Breaking Bad' tribute: Hank's journey from plot device to hero
- Rolling Stone: 'Breaking Bad' Q&A: Rian Johnson on Directing One of the Last Episodes
- EW: The show's 10 most effective F-bombs
- Fairy Tales from Breaking Bad's Mike Ehrmantraut (youtube)
- Breaking Bad's Jonathan Banks is a Badass (youtube interview with Paul F Tompkins)
- Variety: ‘Breaking Bad’ Draws Record 6.4 Million Viewers Sunday
- TVShowsonDVD: Finalized Package Art - Front and Back - for 'The Final Season'
- NY Mag: Rian Johnson and Moira Walley-Beckett on Last Night’s Breaking Bad Episode
- Grantland's Hollywood Prospectus Podcast: Chris Ryan and Andy Greenwald talk 'Breaking Bad,' 'New Girl,' and 'Sleepy Hollow.'
- THR: 'Breaking Bad' Director on Doing Death With Dignity -- And How Baby Holly Cried on Cue (Q&A)
- EW: Co-executive producer Moira Walley-Beckett spills on last night’s episode, 'Ozymandias'
- THR: 'Breaking Bad's' Gomez on 'Ozymandias': At Least 'I Didn't Get Melted in Acid' (Q&A)
- Maureen Ryan and Ryan McGee talk Breaking Bad on this week's podcast
- Ozymandias (fan vid, youtube)
- TV Guide: Breaking Bad Postmortem - Moira Walley-Beckett Q&A
- Rolling Stone: Bryan Cranston Q&A
- Warming Glow: ‘Breaking Bad’ Theory: The Pink Teddy Bear, Death Symbolism, And Holly White
- EW: 10 things you may have missed this week on 'Breaking Bad'
- Warming Glow with a few highlights from the internet response to Ozymandias
- NY Mag: A Psychiatrist Analyzes Breaking Bad’s Outraged Walt Jr. and Others
- Maureen Ryan: 'Breaking Bad' Reactions And Why Walt's No Hero
- THR: How AMC Almost Lost 'Breaking Bad' Spinoff 'Better Call Saul' to Netflix
- THR: 'Breaking Bad's' Dean Norris on Nailing His Shocking Scene in One Take and his Plea to the Writers (Q&A)
- Gomie and Hank Walking Dead (youtube)
- Slashfilm Audio episode commentary from Rian Johnson
- "For the Suffering" (youtube, Fan vid)
- THR: Aaron Paul: Vince Gilligan Emmy Win Would Be 'Highlight of My Life' (Video)
- THR talks with Weiner, Cranston, and Collier for their Emmy issue

Content Round Up - Episode 7 - Granite State

jLAwmPL.jpg

Videos
Reviews

Other Content
- AMC Q&A - Laura Fraser (Lydia Rodarte-Quayle)
- Warming Glow: ‘Breaking Bad’ GIF Highlights: Granite State
- THR: 'Breaking Bad' Winner Anna Gunn Doesn't Care About Skyler 'Haters'
- Variety on Anna Gunn's Emmy win
- LA Times: Emmys 2013: Breaking Bad' wins best drama series
- Variety: Vince Gilligan Credits Netflix for AMC’s ‘Breaking Bad’ Surviving, Thriving
- NY Mag: Ever Wanted To See Breaking Bad in Dance Form? Watch This Crazy Emmys Number
- Access Hollywood: Breaking Bad Stars Talk Finale: ‘It Gets So Much Crazier!’
- Breaking Bad Insider Podcast
- Sports Illustrated: Last Night’s Breaking Bad Featured a Classic College Hockey Game from 1998
- More info on the Breaking Bad painting that was briefly mentioned on Talking Bad last night.
- Time: Breaking Bad: What Does That Phrase Actually Mean?
- Damon Lindelof for NY Mag: How Heisenberg Is Like Batman
- 'Breaking Bad' Hits New Highs In Penultimate Episode With 6.6 Million Viewers
- The Internet’s Best Breaking Bad Supercuts
- Rolling Stone Interview: 'Breaking Bad''s Skyler: 'The Chickens Do Come Home to Roost'
- Daniel Walters: How Breaking Bad redeemed its worst mistakes
- Slashfilme: 10 Things We Learned From 'Breaking Bad' S5E15 “Granite State”
- NY Times Dealbook: The Gray Matter of Charity (fake article referenced by Charlie Rose last night)
- EW: 'Breaking Bad' writer talks last night's episode, 'Granite State', and what it is that Walt has become
- Sepinwall and Bill Simmons talking BB on this week's B.S. Report (podcast)
- Variety: ‘Breaking Bad’ Writer Peter Gould on Penultimate Episode — ‘What Hell Looks Like’
- NY Mag: Breaking Bad’s Peter Gould Talks ‘Granite State’
- Lots of Breaking Bad discussion on this week's Grantland Hollywood Prospectus podcast
- TV Guide interview with Peter Gould
- THR: 'Breaking Bad' Director on 'Painful' Scenes, a Big Reshoot and Rooting for Walt Again (Q&A)
- New set of BB posters going on sale at the store Tuesday
- THR: 'Breaking Bad's' 'Disappearer' on His Secret Role: Even My Family Didn't Know (Q&A)
- Maureen Ryan and Ryan McGee talk BB for a while on this week's podcast
- The Verge: Apple refunding iTunes purchases for 'Breaking Bad: The Final Season'
- Warming Glow: ‘Breaking Bad’ Theory: Why The Finale May Not Be The Satisfying Episode Some Want
- Slashfilm: The Ones Who Knock Podcast - S5E15
- Washington Post: ‘Breaking Bad’s’ Anna Gunn and the triumph of hero over anti-hero
- Krysten Ritter on Breaking Bad: Team Walter White Until the Bitter End
- The Telegraph interviews Bob Odenkirk about BB
- Poniewozik for Time: Is Heisenberg Dead? Walter White and the Light-Switch Theory of Morality
- Popular Mechanics: How Breaking Bad's Chemistry Explains Walter White
- Business Insider: Here's How Much Breaking Bad's Walter White Caused His Neighbors' Home Values To Plummet
- Rolling Stone: 'Breaking Bad' Director Peter Gould Breaks Down 'Granite State'
- Bon Appetite: The Whiskey of 'Breaking Bad,' from Knob Creek to Dimple Pinch
- Rolling Stone Interview: Bob Odenkirk on Saul Goodman
- EW: 'Breaking Bad': Which question have fans asked each cast member the most?
- NY Mag: Five Loose Ends Breaking Bad Probably Won’t Tie Up
- 25 minutes of BB discussion at the tail end of this week's Sepinwall/Fienberg podcast
- WSJ: Meet the Composer Behind the Eerie ‘Breaking Bad’ Theme
- NY Mag: Breaking Bad’s RJ Mitte on Bacon, Booze, and the Inevitable Finale
- EW: Our top five episodes, now with posters!
- Forbes: Breaking Bad Producer Melissa Bernstein On Exploding Turtles And The Secret Of The Perfect Pilot
- NY Mag: Watch Breaking Bad’s Psycho Todd Sing in His Band
- The Wrap: How ‘Breaking Bad’ Made a Dying Boy’s Wish Come True (and Scored a Brilliant Cameo, Too)
- American Chemical Society: Getting the Chemistry Right on Breaking Bad - Bytesize Science
- Time.com Q&A: A Conversation with Breaking Bad‘s David Costabile
- Mr Magorium Director says Breaking Bad is Unrealistic
- Some screen caps from Ozymandias annotated with Rian Johnson's commentary
- NY Mag: Matt Zoller Seitz on the 11 Breaking Bad Episodes He Can’t Shake
- Rolling Stone Q&A: Vince Gilligan
- Grantland: Our Favorite Breaking Bad Episodes
- Rolling Stone: The Eight Hardest 'Breaking Bad' Scenes to Score
- EW: Stars reveal which props they kept -- or stole -- as souvenirs
- HitFix: J. Scott Campbell draws 'Breaking Bad's' leading men
- Emmy Thank You Cam: Breaking Bad, Drama Series (youtube)
- The Onion A|V Club's Internet Film School Feature: Bringing Breaking Bad into focus
- Washington Post: ‘Breaking Bad’ ends its run on Sunday still looking good, with credit to the man at the camera
- Marquette Tribune: Q & A with RJ Mitte of ‘Breaking Bad’
- THR: Aaron Paul Finale Charity Contest Nearing $1.5 Million
- THR: Walter White Mask Selling for $22,700 on eBay
- Huffington Post Supercut: Breaking Bad's Lighthearted Moments
- Fan Vid: Breaking Bad - Good Riddance (youtube)
- Rolling Stone Interview: 'Breaking Bad''s Lydia: 'She's a Clean-Cut, Bonkers Sociopath'
- NY Mag: See Breaking Bad Choose Your Own Adventure Books
- Slate: Why Walter White Can't Just Take His Money To A Swiss Bank
- THR: Stars Look Back at 5 Seasons of Acclaimed TV
- Slate: Jesse Pinkman: One Sorry Individual (video)
- NY Mag: Breaking Bad’s Michael Bowen on Uncle Jack and Todd, and Guitar-Playing With Jesse Plemons
- EW: 'Breaking Bad' Cast: My Favorite Moment Is...
- THR: The End of 'Breaking Bad': The Creator and Cast Reminisce and Reveal (Video)
- Forbes: Commercials During 'Breaking Bad' Finale Commanding A Cool Quarter Million
- USA Today: Whatever the ending, 'Breaking Bad' will be on high
- Forbes: Cinematographer Michael Slovis On 35mm Film, HDTV, And How 'Breaking Bad' Stuck The Landing
- Conan: Vince Gilligan Reveals His Next Project (youtube)
- Warming Glow: A Market Research Firm Asked Viewers How They Want ‘Breaking Bad’ To End, And The Results Are Surprising
- Time Interview: Breaking Bad’s Tio Salamanca: “My Bell is Worth More than Walter White’s Underwear”
- Warming Glow: Stephen Colbert Finally Got Around To Acknowledging His Ice Cream’s Cameo In Sunday’s ‘Breaking Bad’
- LA Times: Jon Hamm talks 'Breaking Bad': 'They overcame a lot of hardship'
- Huffington Post: 'Breaking Bad' Predictions: What Do You Think Will Happen In The Series Finale?
- Rolling Stone Interview: Director Michelle MacLaren weighs in on the 'Breaking Bad' final season
- AMC Q&A: Jesse Plemons (Todd Alquist)
- Sports Illustrated: MMA fighter? Breaking Bad actor? Keith Jardine little of both
- NY Mag: Take Vulture’s Breaking Bad Superfan Quiz
- Salon: How “Breaking Bad” made millennials watch live TV
- Funny or Die: Huell's Rules
- Breaking Bad Science Advisor Dr. Donna J. Nelson: the Boing Boing Video interview
- Warming Glow: The Internet’s Funniest Reactions To ‘Breaking Bad’s’ ‘Granite State’
- EW: Betsy Brandt interview
- Wired: Behold, the Ultimate Breaking Bad Finale Party, Complete with Heisenburgers
- LA Times: 'Breaking Bad' creator Vince Gilligan talks about the journey to the grand finale, and beyond

Youtube links to Conan last night. The whole thing isn't up, but this is what's available at the moment:
Reminders
- The finale is scheduled for a 75-minute time slot. Presumably it will run about 53 minutes of content and the rest will be commercials.

For more links & content, check out the OP of the S5 Interim thread, the content round up from the S5 thread., and the first three posts of the S5 Part 2 OT#2 thread

Let's do this!

unrv5.gif
i2Y7PtVl1vaK4.gif

ibmJyhnUFjs1l6.gif

ibkU4VwcJCUnyp.gif
iH3fwjrxNtb7W.gif

iEpJXpyVIXmar.gif

iFU7x2Xe20KUn.gif
ijRGnMarbFNnD.gif

ibxoY77pCL3Mn7.gif
ibbrnXrurGOObu.gif

Raxus

Walt shoots up Grey Matter, Jesse was dead all along, Skyler leaves Baltimore and it ends with a Brock looking into a crystal ball.

Everyone wonders what the hell just happened.
Also, Dexter dumps his sister in the ocean.

liquidtmd

Banned
Granite State was my highlight of the season. Thoughtful and so many wonderful moments as mentioned in the other thread. Hell it could have BEEN the finale - the playful, badass ignition of a Walt evading the police could have been an acceptable ambigious close to the season and I STILL would have been happy.

My fear for the finale is that if I come out of the end on Sunday feeling that I wish they'd stuck at Granite State but, and I never say this about one creative entity, in Gilligan I trust.

If only it could match the Dexter finale Id be happy ;)

Mayyhem

Lets. Do. This. SO excited but I sort of don't want Sunday to come because I don't want this masterpiece of a show to end :(

Man, I don't care how this ends...I'm just really sad that it's ending. I love this show because it's just like a really long fucking awesome movie.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Once again, thanks Cornballer for the great threads and the constant content roundups. You are a perfect representation of the helpful nature of the members of this site/community, and it's very much appreciated.

Mononoke

Banned
Sad I wasn't really on GAF for that show. Then again I only watched the first season, I wasn't a big TV watcher then either.

I've been reading GAF actively since 2004. I just applied for an account a year ago, because I decided I wanted to finally start posting on here. Kind of regret not joining back then, because I really loved LOST and talking about it when it was on air. Would have loved to have contributed to that discussion. I guess I was also busy at the time, so I kind of just read GAF during leisure time. Whereas what I do now, gives me a lot of free time to waste my day on here. It's a blessing and a curse.

ezekial45

Banned
Screw teamwalt, I'm on TeamMr.Lambert. He's probably gonna do something really horrible, but I'm not gonna pretend I'm not going to enjoying what exactly that is.

BFIB

Todd's .gif in the bottom left corner is genius. All that awesome, then...that.....

Odds on this thread hitting 100 pages on Sunday?

TCRS

Banned
Anna Gunn my waifu <3

bring it on. the last 7 episodes have been absolutely amazing, best final season ever. and I'm not even a BB fanboy!

You can tell by the number of people who approach Breaking Bad with the sort of theorycrafting mentality built and honed by LOST :)

You don't hear about people going on insane marathon runs with LOST on netflix/hulu/amazon - because I'm willing to bet a good 50-75% of the enjoyment came in the six days between episodes. Without that guessing game/puzzle element, the show just doesn't gain as much traction.

edit: 6th! Damn.

Wilbur

Banned
JESSE DIES, WALT DIES, HOLLY DIES, I DIE, BOBBYROBERTS DIES, WILBUR DIES, WE DIE DIE DIE DIE

leaving.gif

NEVERTHELESS

I'm fucking hyped

Predictions

* Skyler gets impregnated
* Is it Sauls
* Or Kuby's
* Or Ted Beneke Sr
* Jesse moves to Berlin
* Joins the Luftwaffe
* Adopts a small dog, ends up marrying it
* Marie kills herself but her ghost moves into a flat with Brendan Fraser
* Tom Clancy cameos
* Todd masturbates in a four minute long unbroken shot
* Walt dies

Solo

I was looking at the Lost OT....why was there a thread for every episode?

Because there were so many people posting. BB is huge here.....but LOST is easily the "biggest" show GAF has ever watched, in terms of # of ppl watching and amount of posts/discussion/arguing/flaming/Eriguing.

Top Bottom