• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC - OT2

Status
Not open for further replies.
192wWs0.jpg

Breaking Bad is back for the last half of Season 5 on AMC. The new season starts Sunday, August 11th at 9pm on AMC. The final eight episodes of Breaking Bad will hit Netflix in the UK the day after they air in the States.

Emmy winners Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul plus the rest of the superb cast are back for a final 8-episode season of meth-fueled suburban chaos. It seems unnecessary to lavish more praise on Breaking Bad at this point. As one critic said: "What more is there to say about Breaking Bad? After five seasons, it feels almost beside the point to praise the outstanding acting of its stellar cast, lead by Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, and Anna Gunn, to laud its cinematography, which raised the standards for television across the board, or to meditate further on the stark clarity of Vince Gilligan's moral vision." So let's dig into these final episodes together and enjoy the conclusion of a great television show.

Please take the time to read through the OP - in particular the spoiler rules if you're not familiar with how things are done on TV GAF. Let me know about any omissions, errors, dead links, etc... in the thread and I'll fix them up.

AMC said:
About the Final Episodes

AMC's Emmy Award-winning drama Breaking Bad returns to AMC for its final eight episodes on Sun., Aug. 11 at 9/8c. At the end of the first half of Season 5, Jesse (Aaron Paul) has abandoned the meth business and parted ways with Walt, who claims to Skyler (Anna Gunn) that he, too, is finished. Yet, in one of the series' most pivotal moments, Hank (Dean Norris) discovers that his unassuming brother-in-law is in fact the elusive Heisenberg he has been tracking for so long. In the highly anticipated series conclusion, the sun begins to set on Walter White's (Bryan Cranston) tenuous empire as the world around him begins to unravel and he finds himself as anything but "the king." Yet, even when all hope might be lost, Walt refuses to back down ó determined to fight until the bitter end.

About the Show

Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years left to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.

XObr8jn.jpg

Cast

Bryan Cranston - Walter White
Anna Gunn - Skyler White
Aaron Paul - Jesse Pinkman
Dean Norris - Hank Schrader
Betsy Brandt - Marie Schrader
RJ Mitte - Walter White, Jr.
Bob Odenkirk - Saul Goodman​

Wdqpj.jpg
ibtt4COdwBLYUR.jpg
Kw51z.jpg
inYfvQwIG9N3P.jpg
i1VxmXfhvXlit.jpg
ib0kRIWhQanlYv.jpg
ibxjxxSsxZlJJj.jpg

Other Links and Media

Videos (This is the best of them, check out the post below for a whole lot more)

U7dU5xD.jpg

On Spoilers:

Regular TV thread rules apply:
  • Once an episode airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
  • Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
  • Do not spoiler tag speculation unless it's informed by the preview, interviews, or other information about what's to come
There is a spoiler thread if you'd like to discuss leaks, photos, and other content without spoiler tags:

If anything leaks, please use the other thread for discussion.​

jbwrrHxGPydtPi.jpg

Etiquette and a Plea for Civility:

Things can get a little heated in Breaking Bad threads, and it's a testament to the quality of the show that opinions vary quite widely on numerous characters and plot lines. Please remain civil when you're discussing the show and do not derail the thread with personal insults and other antics. Focus on your side of the debate rather than belittling other posters. There's a lot of interesting content within the show that merits discussion - just be nice while you're arguing about it,
bitch.
:)

Please note the Member Etiquette section of the NeoGAF FAQ and adhere to the recommendations:
NeoGAF FAQ said:
Posting Etiquette

Be polite, please
In general when posting in threads, don't be a dick. Be respectful of other fellow members, and learn to argue against the points in a discussion without making it personal or insulting the other party. Present your points well and others will respect your opinion more. Using proper grammar and avoiding typos will also make it easier for others to understand your message.

Don't derail threads
Forums generally operate differently from chatrooms. While NeoGAF is faster moving than most, and some threads on Off Topic Discussions cover a more general set of topics, it is still best to keep within the perimeters of a discussion. Posting in a manner that would shift the subject of discussion to something completely unrelated to the thread's core discussion point is not welcome.

wQ6r24I.jpg

Hardware:

IsTpR.jpg
Kk9sm.jpg
QKgyU.jpg
cUyQn.jpg
4FmvH.jpg
jwofp.jpg
Vp78k2H.jpg
rmEWeuW.jpg

Twitter Accounts

Trailers:

Content Round Up - Episode 1 - Blood Money

2HlK7q4.jpg

AMC Vids:

Reviews:

Other Content:
- AMC Q&A with Aaron Paul
- NY Mag: Breaking Bad Postmortem: Vince Gilligan on Walt’s State of Mind, Fame, and Poor, Poor Jesse
- NY Mag: Dean Norris on the Breaking Bad Premiere, Hank’s Machismo, and Bryan Cranston’s Overachiever E-mails
- NY Mag: Breaking Bad: Does Badger's Star Trek Episode Hold Up Under Trek Rules?
- Warming Glow: Breaking Bad GIF Highlights - Blood Money
- Daily Beast: ‘Breaking Bad’ Creator Vince Gilligan Spills on the Midseason Premiere’s Big Plot Twist
- NY Mag: This Week’s Breaking Bad GIFs: Walt Gets Sick; Jesse Gets Stoned
- NY Mag: See the Animated Version of Badger’s Star Trek Pie-Eating Story
- Onion A|V Club review of Talking Bad
- Onion A|V Club's For Our Consideration Feature: The case against Breaking Bad (response from memles)
- NY Mag talks with Dean Norris: Under That Dome
- Gigaom: Breaking Bad’s science advisor fact checks some of the show’s greatest chemistry moments
- memles with a few thoughts on Talking Bad over on his tumblr
- TVbtN: 'Breaking Bad' Premiere Delivers 5.2 Million Viewers, 3.6 Million Adults 18-49
- Warming Glow: ‘Breaking Bad’ Rewatch: Color Schemes, Theories, And Foreshadowing
- Pop Photo: Interview: Photographer Frank W. Ockenfels III On Shooting Breaking Bad
- NY Mag: 5 Theories Based on Last Night’s Breaking Bad
- Grantland's BS podcast discussing the first episode
- The Atlantic: 'Breaking Bad' Is Too Good a Show to Read This Much About
- Wired: The Nerd Fails of the Imaginary Star Trek Script in Breaking Bad
- Breaking Bad recut as a romantic comedy
- AMC's Breaking Bad Insider Podcast

Content Round Up - Episode 2 - Buried

iBSRnf3.jpg

AMC Vids:
Reviews:
Other content:
- AMC Q&A: Anna Gunn
- Warming Glow: Breaking Bad Gif Highlights: Buried
- Breaking Bad's Betsy Brandt on Marie's Big Moment and Being Worried for Hank
- Breaking Bad Insider Podcast - Episode 5.10
- NY Mag: This Week’s Breaking Bad GIFs: Walt Falls, and Jesse Spins
- Variety: ‘Breaking Bad:’ Why the Ending Doesn’t Really Matter
- The Guardian interview: Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan: 'How long can anyone stay at the top?'
- Popular Mechanics: Breaking Bad Fact vs Fiction: Walter White's Secret Formula
- GQ: Today's Breaking Bad Nerd-Out: Did Walter White Have Enough Money in Those Barrels?
- Fast Company: Top Show Runners Explain What Made “Breaking Bad” So Good
- TVbtN: 'Breaking Bad' Ratings Down But Still Strong
- Funny or Die: Weird Science 2 with Alessandra Ambrosio (Features RJ Mitte and Glenn from Mad Men)
- Wired: What’s the Meaning of Breaking Bad’s Lost-esque Lottery Numbers?
- Walter White in "Bad Time to Talk: a Supercut"
- About a half hour of Breaking Bad discussion on this week's Fienberg/Sepinwall podcast
- Dean Norris and Anna Gunn interviewed on Larry King Now (Hulu link)
- Boing Boing: About that dude behind the epic Breaking Bad mustache
- NY Post Interview: Lydia shows off her ruthless side on 'Breaking Bad'
- SlashFilm's The Ones Who Knock podcast for this week
- Warming Glow: ‘Breaking Bad’ Theory: Does Walter White Intend To Use The Ricin On Skyler?
- Warming Glow: Exclusive Photos: Inside The ‘Breaking Bad’ Writers’ Room And A Glimpse At Storylines Not Pursued
- Grantland talking Breaking Bad on their Hollywood Prospectus podcast this week

Content Round Up - Episode 3 - Confessions

WgQl7hr.jpg

AMC Vids:
Reviews:
Other Content
- AMC Q&A - Betsy Brandt
- NY Mag Interview: Breaking Bad Writer Gennifer Hutchinson on Jesse's Best Interests and Saul's Hello Kitty Phone
- THR: 'Breaking Bad' Writer on 'Confessions': We Crushed Last 'Glimmer of Hope'
- Warming Glow: GIF Highlights
- THR: 5 Key Quotes From 'Confessions' Examined
- Reddit via Warming Glow: ‘Breaking Bad’s’ Salamanca Cousins Go On Vacation, Win The Damn Internet
- Breaking Bad Insider Podcast
- NY Mag: This Week’s Breaking Bad GIFs: Walt’s Video, Jesse’s Punch
- Poniewozik: On Anna Gunn, the Skyler-Hating Sexists, and the Billion-Megaphone Era
- Willa Paskin @ Slate: Hey, Anna Gunn: Not Everyone Hates Skyler White
- Maureen Ryan: Anna Gunn And 'Breaking Bad's' Skyler White: Just The Tip Of A Very Big Iceberg
- Andy Greenwald: Three Thoughts on Anna Gunn's Editorial
- Funny or Die: Dean Norris Spoils Breaking Bad Series Finale
- Collider: RJ Mitte talks Breaking Bad
- LA Times: Emmys 2013: Will this finally be 'Breaking Bad's' year?
- Lots of BB discussion on this week's Maureen Ryan / Ryan McGee podcast
- Hank and Marie Watch The Video Music Awards (youtube)
- Sam Adams @ IndieWire: 'Breaking Bad' "Confessions": An Autopsy in 22 Screenshots
- Huffington Post video recap: Where in the World is the Ricin?
- Warming Glow: Insane ‘Breaking Bad’ Theory Backed By Questionable Evidence Now Slightly Less Insane
- Rolling Stone: 'Breaking Bad' Q&A - Bob Odenkirk on the Soul of Saul Goodman
- The Millions: A Breaking Bad (and Beyond) Reading List
- Sunday Cable Ratings

Content Round Up - Episode 4 - Rabid Dog

f3joDjb.jpg

AMC Vids:
- Promo for next week's episode (please spoiler tag any discussion)
- Inside Breaking Bad
- Making of Episode 5.12

Reviews:
Other Content
- Warming Glow: GIF Recap - Rabid Dog
- NY Mag: Breaking Bad Writer Sam Catlin on Walt's Achilles' Heel and the Importance of Tighty-Whities
- AMC Q&A: Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman)
- Slashfilm's "The Ones Who Knock" podcast
- Insider Podcast for Episode 5.12
- Collider Interview: Bob Odenkirk Talks BREAKING BAD
- Warming Glow: From Mr. Chips To Scarface: The 10 Essential Films For Any Fan Of ‘Breaking Bad’
- Video Review of this week's episode from Matt Zoller Seitz
- NY Mag: Breaking Bad’s Jesse Is No Old Yeller
- Wired: Don’t Put Your Phone Number on Twitter. Even if a Breaking Bad Actor Tells You To
- About a half hour of BB talk on the Sepinwall/Fienberg podcast this week
- Irish Independent: A bad ending - Breaking Bad creator talks about trying to end the cult hit
- NME: Saul Goodman actor on 'Breaking Bad' spin-off show: 'I give it a 60% chance'
- Queensland prisoners use Breaking Bad trick to light cigarettes, destroying 400 TVs in process

For more links & content, check out the OP of the S5 Interim thread and the content round up from the S5 thread.

Let's do this!

unrv5.gif
i2Y7PtVl1vaK4.gif

ibmJyhnUFjs1l6.gif

ibkU4VwcJCUnyp.gif
iH3fwjrxNtb7W.gif

iEpJXpyVIXmar.gif

iFU7x2Xe20KUn.gif

ezekial45

Banned
The other reached a limit already? (post for subscription)

No, we're just getting ready for the last few episodes.

Anyway, I think it would be cool to have a fresh thread for the final episode. I think we'll hit 20K by then, but I feel it'd be really rad to have a thread just for the last episode. It'll be a good way to send out the BB OT.

From the previous thread:
I think it would be cool to have a fresh thread for the final episode. I think we'll hit 20K by then, but I feel it'd be really rad to have a thread just for the last episode. It'll be a good way to send out the BB OT.

It seems likely. The majority of the posts in the previous thread occured after Blood Money I think but as we get closer and closer to the final I imagine the volume of posts between episodes will steadily increase, particularly if/when something big happens. I'd imagine we'll get four to five thousand posts between this episode (13) and the next (14), up to nine thousand between 14 and 15, six/seven thousand between 15 and the final, and then a new thread for the final so it doesn't need to be split during the episode.

EDIT: Also the breaking of Cornballer's comprehensive original posts throughout was quite amusing.

EDIT 2: Oh if I might make one suggestion regarding the opening post, that Ozymandias teaser is restricted by region:
So it might be better for a region free video such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRTSxJwq5dA Not too much of a problem either way though.

kuppy

Hype. Let's see how it will end.
#TeamHank #TeamSkyler

Cornballer you are the best, thank you so much for all the awesome links and summaries.

Anustart

No way Jesse is killed before the finale. The show is as much about Walt breaking bad as it is Jesse breaking, badly.

Hype. Let's see how it will end.
#TeamHank #TeamSkyler

Cornballer you are the best, thank you so much for all the awesome links and summaries.

That and #TeamWalt are basically the same now.

Speevy

Banned
"Todd, I need you to kill Jesse."

"Jesse, I need you to kill Todd."

"Hank, I need you to kill me."

*closes phone*

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Anyone know when members of the press stop getting screeners? I seem to remember that being the case with the last 3-4 episodes last year, at least?

inm8num2

Jesse...Jesse...Jesse...now kill Jesse.

LOL I forgot about that BB comic. It encapsulates the Walt/Jesse relationship perfectly. Yes, the situation was more complicated since both of them were essentially on the clock until Gus could find a replacement. Nevertheless, still hilarious.

enhanced-buzz-3330-1341505333-20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom