• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC - OT2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuppy

That and #TeamWalt are basically the same now.
Nooo. Skyler was put into this and is on her still for the family, she always had a problem with accepting the circumstances, while Walter decided everything on his own.

Batigol

Banned
Wall of shame from OT1:

huAp3wx.png

Think this is the most I've ever posted in a thread

Mononoke

Banned
Not sure if anyone saw this, but:

“All I can tell you is…two things: A) You will not be disappointed, I promise. I promise, I promise, I promise. B) Every single storyline will be buttoned up, and there will be no loose ends. It’s going to redefine last seasons of television. It’s going to redefine series finales, which are almost inevitably disappointing. This one will not disappoint. I’ve seen all eight episodes. I’ve seen it through to the end, and I sat in front of my screen crying, myself, alone, during the last couple of episodes.”

— "Breaking Bad" DP Michael Slovis talks the end of the series.

Not sure if anyone saw this, but:

If that's the case the circumstances of Jane's death must arise sometime; it's the only dangling thread I can think of (I know others may consider Gray Matter one though I would disagree). I do suspect he's being a little excessive in his praise but I've confidence "this one will not disappoint".

EDIT: Also at the below regarding the flashback, we absolutely won't get one before the episode Jesse dies; it's far too predictable. It will either be the episode after his death, prior to the disposal of his corpse, or the final episode (where Jesse may still be alive). I can't see it being any other time but perhaps I'm wrong.

EDIT 2:
it's hard to keep up with megathreads like these. second ot gives me a chance but I fell behind on the first one and then just stopped visiting it..

Just my perspective of course but I think you're better off not trying to follow it absolutely (admittedly I do try but I generally end up skipping all of the posts made during an episode since there are so many) but instead go to the last page (or maybe five/ten pages from it) and then follow a specific discussion you find interesting (skimming to find it in the first place) rather than trying to take in everything since, as you've mentioned, there are so many posts it's easy to fall behind if you do try and follow everything.

MormaPope

Banned
Since Breaking Bad is in the same vicinity of GTA V, I've been counting down the days with my own Breaking Bad time scale. In two Breaking Bad's GTA V will be released.

God itself has planned this, the real second coming of Jesus Christ our lord and savior will be the month of September.

Mononoke

Banned
If that's the case the circumstances of Jane's death must arise sometime; it's the only dangling thread I can think of (I know others may consider Gray Matter one though I would disagree). I do suspect he's being a little excessive in his praise but I've confidence "this one will not disappoint".

EDIT: Also at the below regarding the flashback, we absolutely won't get one before the episode Jesse dies; it's far too predictable. It will either be the episode after his death, prior to the disposal of his corpse, or the final episode (where Jesse may still be alive). I can't see it being any other time but perhaps I'm wrong.

EDIT 2:

Just my perspective of course but I think you're better off not trying to follow it absolutely (admittedly I do try but I generally end up skipping all of the posts made during an episode since there are so many) but instead go to the last page (or maybe five/ten pages from it) and then follow a specific discussion you find interesting (skimming to find it in the first place) rather than trying to take in everything since, as you've mentioned, there are so many posts it's easy to fall behind if you do try and follow everything.

I don't feel like Jane's death really needs to be brought up though. I mean, do you really think Jesse not knowing is a hanging plot line? Why can't it be wrapped up in that, Walt felt guilt for it (The Fly) - but decides to take it to his grave. I personally like the idea of this, because it was really the catalyst, where Walt realized there would be things he would have to do to Jesse in order to keep him and himself alive (for the greater good), without him knowing. And it's been a snowball effect since Jane. The only way I could see Jesse finding out, is if Walt confesses to Jesse like on his death bed.

I think Jane got her thematic send-off with that one pre-titles flashback with her and Jesse in the car, smoking and bullshitting. I gotta imagine that was planned to be the curtain call for that character. She hasn't been brought up since, has she?

I don't understand the desire to see a flashback. I don't know what it could possibly show us that we don't already know. I feel like with only 4 episodes left it would just waste time.

Anustart

Dunno what I'm hoping for in tonight's episode! Other than I want Jesse to pay for his crimes against the empire!

I'm more curious to see what Jesse's planned. He doesn't come up with too many bright ideas, but when he does, they're typically pretty decent. So I'm curious to see how bright the lightbulb is going off over his head.

And then I'm curious to see just how it's going to go wrong.

Actiss

I hear there are spoilers out there for tonight's episode. You guys will keep me safe if I stay in this thread, right? :(

I don't feel like Jane's death really needs to be brought up though. I mean, do you really think Jesse not knowing is a hanging plot line? Why can't it be wrapped up in that, Walt felt guilt for it (The Fly) - but decides to take it to his grave. I personally like the idea of this, because it was really the catalyst, where Walt realized there would be things he would have to do to Jesse in order to keep him and himself alive (for the greater good), without him knowing. And it's been a snowball effect since Jane. The only way I could see Jesse finding out, is if Walt confesses to Jesse like on his death bed.

I agree it doesn't need to be tied up, with that I absolutely concur. As you've mentioned, him taking it to the grave would be absolutely an acceptable end. The only reason I'd consider it a hanging plot line is that the issue of 'will Jesse find out' still remains; they can still bring it back into play. The last line is certainly a possibility (the only other option I can see is Walter telling Jesse out of spite/to show how he was always 'helping' him), it's just that with his quote, I don't really know what else they could be referring to (the flash-forward details and ricin not included of course since they absolutely need to confront those). I actually don't think it's essential Jesse knows at all by this stage, it was more just in relation to "Every single storyline will be buttoned up, and there will be no loose ends." I don't really see what else is there to button up (again ignoring the things that are obviously in play at the moment). Curious to read what others think it may refer to (I assume just the flash-forward details?).

I hear there are spoilers out there for tonight's episode. You guys will keep me safe if I stay in this thread, right? :(

trust me I don't everyone would want to commit account suicide just for that and yeah the spoiler spoil anything that going to in episode

My first Wall of Shame appearance ever, and I'm glad it happened during the official thread for the greatest tv show ever :D

Mononoke

Banned
I agree it doesn't need to be tied up, with that I absolutely concur. As you've mentioned, him taking it to the grave would be absolutely an acceptable end. The only reason I'd consider it a hanging plot line is that the issue of 'will Jesse find out' still remains; they can still bring it back into play. The last line is certainly a possibility (the only other option I can see is Walter telling Jesse out of spite/to show how he was always 'helping' him), it's just that with his quote, I don't really know what else they could be referring to (the flash-forward details and ricin not included of course since they absolutely need to confront those). I actually don't think it's essential Jesse knows at all by this stage, it was more just in relation to "Every single storyline will be buttoned up, and there will be no loose ends." I don't really see what else is there to button up (again ignoring the things that are obviously in play at the moment). Curious to read what others think it may refer to (I assume just the flash-forward details?).

I just think, it's really the beginning of his downfall. Like Jane happened. He didn't intend for her to die. But he's presented with this opportunity where if she does die, suddenly all his problems go away. And then he also starts to justify it as...Jesse's problems too go away (since she was dragging him down as a junkie). So you have this moment where you start to see how Walt's train of thought is going. Where he starts to see that terrible things can happen that only he knows about, but that can be for what he believes is for the greater good. And you see this justification bloom in his decision to poison Brock. And they did a good job building this up, because Walt DOES initially feel guilty for Jane (against as per the Fly episode). But as he starts to go deeper and deeper down that path of corruption, and has these moments where he has to choose between life and death, making these decisions become easier and easier.
Avoided the wall of shame!

Very excited for tonight's episode, I have a feeling about it.

Hey I'm proud to make my very first wall of shame on GAF. Even if I know my posts can be very long winded, and obnoxious. I love you guys for putting up with me, and making this the best place to talk about Breaking Bad. It's made this season much more enjoyable than past seasons because I have people to talk about it with. maharg for instance, has really challenged some important aspects of this show, that has made me reconsider my stances.

Vibranium

Banned
Can't wait for tonight, bitch. I think Jesse will be alive to the end personally, Hank on the other hand has a good shot at buying it before the finale. I love the idea of Walt shooting him while on the crapper haha, it'd give a great opportunity to make a cool camera shot. Too bad I can only watch it after I come home from work.

I'm on both #TeamWalt and #TeamJesse, Hank can kiss my ass (it's like an onion).

inm8num2

That's less than a page! I say 173.

I think that whatever happens tonight might be too big for people to even bother posting simultaneous reactions.

I have a feeling we're all going to be staring at the screen with our jaws on the floor.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Has anyone found the Entertainment weekly copy of Breaking bad? Where did you find it? I want to buy it so bad but they don't sell them at any local drug stores.

Ashok

Banned
I'm so glad this show does NOT use the Netflix model. I love knowing that I'm going to be this excited for 3 more weeks. :D

Mononoke

Banned
I think the next episode is where shit really goes down. But this one should be good too.

Yeah, I'm thinking this will be more like "End TImes" from Season 4. It will be intense, and there will be a set up for something to go down, but it won't. And then something huge will happen in the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom