• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Three, Part Two - Sundays on AMC

i watched season 1 of this and was super frustrated as the writing is ao bad. The characters are just waaaaay to stupid. Its so bad.

I tried to watch season 2 hoping it would be improved and after like 4 episodes I just stopped and couldn't take the stupidity anymore.

I love the walking dead and while I knew this wouldnt be as good, my god this show is just on another level of bad and its only because of how fucking dumb the characters are and the decisions that are made. Its just so frustrating.

Im assuming it hasnt improved has it?

It's gotten better.

I still don't think it's GOOD TV, but its passable. I DVR it and watch it when nothing else is on.

Season 3 is better than 2, for sure, though I still think it started slow. The 2nd half of the 1st half (wut) was where things finally started going again.

They're working to get the gang physically back together again, which is good, I don't think the different stories in different locations really works well for this type of show.

I still don't really give a damn about any of the characters though. I still think sailing the high seas in the Abigail and visiting a different island each episode would have made a better show than Mexico/South West US.

There are still precious few walkers shown per episode too, which is kind of weird.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah, that really was a pretty good episode. The ending was one of the most upbeat endings I've seen from either of the two shows.

Bandit1

wow no love? Come on guys pretty good episode again!

Yep! Pretty good!

Yeah, that really was a pretty good episode. The ending was one of the most upbeat endings I've seen from either of the two shows.

I really liked that, nice to have those every once in a while.

I enjoyed this episode. It's getting good. Daniel and Strand is my favorite characters in this show.

I think they're my favorites too.

I'm still so confused by some of those decisions that characters make. Apparently it's a fact that the guys on the ranch are less than the people with Walker (dunno how both parties are even sure about this, but anyway). But even then... why would the ranch guys just give up and hope the others don't kill em? And now they have given them access to weapons, while the original ranch guys don't have access to them? I mean... what? Walker himself said last episode that it's his people first if things don't go well...

Could Nick not have used the grenade launcher to lure them away? And I feel like with the amount of guns and ammo they have at the ranch, combined with the grenade launcher, they could take out most of the horde.

Edit: Good episode outside of stupid decisions like still not killing Troy.

BizzyBum

Could Nick not have used the grenade launcher to lure them away? And I feel like with the amount of guns and ammo they have at the ranch, combined with the grenade launcher, they could take out most of the horde.

Yeah, it continues to be plagued by horrendous decisions from the cast.

- Troy still had a shit ton more grenade launchers and they could have easily distracted a lot of the walkers in a different direction.
- The ranchers could have just all hidden in the pantry to begin with while the walkers passed through.
- They saw how huge the horde was, why the fuck would you even attempt fighting them.
- Why the fuck is Ofelia using a wooden stick when they are stockpiled with AR's.
- No way they make it out of that huge horde going melee at the end there.
- How did Jake die? No way his forearm being chopped off would kill you that quickly if it was wrapped up under pressure. I just assume they were too slow in chopping it off and thus the virus already spread too far. Kinda shitty Nick killed him in a way to save Troy.

Bandit1

Not buying the part where the walkers tipped over the RV...

Kinda surprised Jake died and I wish it had been Troy instead.

Best part was Alicia with that mercy kill. Tough stuff.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was actually a pretty darn good episode.

Could Nick not have used the grenade launcher to lure them away?

I was wondering about that too, haha. I'm assuming they left the grenade launcher behind in their rush to get Jake to the hospital, but they could always go back to retrieve it (unless the zombies are blocking the road, which I'm pretty sure they are come to think of it).

Troy is a much more interesting character than Jake though - more complex. If only one of the brothers had to die, I'm glad it was Generic Jake.

Best part was Alicia with that mercy kill. Tough stuff.

That was a great moment.

I was wondering about that too, haha. I'm assuming they left the grenade launcher behind in their rush to get Jake to the hospital, but they could always go back to retrieve it (unless the zombies are blocking the road, which I'm pretty sure they are come to think of it).

Troy is a much more interesting character than Jake though - more complex. If only one of the brothers had to die, I'm glad it was Generic Jake.
Yeah, it's possible they just left it. I need to watch the episode again to see if Nick had it in the truck with them on the way back.

Troy is definitely a more interesting character, but maaan is he an awful person.

Is it just me or was this episode one of the first basic cable TV shows to use the f-word uncensored? Not even the main series has done that yet, which is odd considering Negan is apparently much more foul-mouthed in the comics. Maybe in this coming season Negan will be more like his comic version (which apparently exists in the home video versions of the show, which uses alternate, uncensored takes).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Troy is definitely a more interesting character, but maaan is he an awful person.

That's what makes him interesting!

Is it just me or was this episode one of the first basic cable TV shows to use the f-word uncensored? Not even the main series has done that yet, which is odd considering Negan is apparently much more foul-mouthed in the comics.

AMC allows one audible "fuck" per show per season. FX is a bit more lenient - more of their shows have uncensored "fucks" than any other channel on basic cable.

That's what makes him interesting!

AMC allows one audible "fuck" per show per season. FX is a bit more lenient - more of their shows have uncensored "fucks" than any other channel on basic cable.

Huh. That's cool. I wonder why the limit. It's not like the FCC has a say or anything. It's not broadcast TV.

Enforced

Yeah It's a good episode. I have feeling of the fear of the zombie. It's been while I have that feeling. The last time I had that was around Season 5 in the original walking dead.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Huh. That's cool. I wonder why the limit. It's not like the FCC has a say or anything. It's not broadcast TV.

It's to appease certain advertisers who don't like their ads being played on shows that have explicit content (in the US, explicit = hard language and nudity).

It's to appease certain advertisers who don't like their ads being played on shows that have explicit content (in the US, explicit = hard language and nudity).
Every time I see this brought up I get annoyed because of how dumb it is. Cursing and nudity? Can't have that. Extreme violence and gore? Perfectly fine! This country is dumb.

LQX

I'm really baffled at them seemingly taking a last stand behind the trailers rather than going up the mountain. You would think they were on cliff. It was ridiculous.

bitbydeath

I'm really baffled at them seemingly taking a last stand behind the trailers rather than going up the mountain. You would think they were on cliff. It was ridiculous.

They didn't even really do that, barely anyone had guns and those that did waited for the trailer to fall over before using them.

Should have just bunkered in the pantry from the start.

BFIB

I finally decided to give this another shot, and on binge watching (an episode a night), its actually a lot better this way, as opposed to week to week. I quickly lost interest in the group upon my first watch (terrible decision making, including teens doing teen things), but once season two kicked in and they got off the boat, this has really picked up well. I ultimately know Travis' fate (someone spoiled me on that before), but seeing his son turn his back on him, that really hit hard.

Strand is friggin awesome, by far my favorite character. I still don't understand why they made Salazar lose his mind so quickly when they were in the compound, he was/is a great character as well.

Nick and Troy on the way back to the ranch:

"sorry Jake, it's not looking good. I mean, I just don't think this show has the budget for an amputated arm on a regular basis. Maybe if it was your leg you could just do the flamingo thing, but your arm is gonna be like, super obvious"

They kill off Travis because he has other movies, but not Alicia who's in a scary movie this fall?

Not sure if this is a serious question but being in the next 4 movies in the Avatar franchise is significantly larger and quite a bit more demanding than your typical movie.

bitbydeath

Is the show any good?

I stopped watching when they were at the hotel with the bridge or something.

That was probably the worst part in the worst season this entire show.

Season 3 has picked up from season 2 but they still do a lot of stupid things.

Not sure if this is a serious question but being in the next 4 movies in the Avatar franchise is significantly larger and quite a bit more demanding than your typical movie.

Edit: replied to a comment saying what I'm saying basically instead of the original post. Must not drink and gaf :p

I think with the actor who plays Travis, he basically signed a contract for all of the Avatar films and they are filming like 3 in one go.

Legitimately thought Alicia was a gonner this episode on the retreat to the pantry. There was one point around 5-6 walkers just swarm her but then the next time you see her she's fine. I'm gonna call bad editing/directing/whatever on that

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

This Land Is Your Land

With the Ranchers trapped and without hope, Alicia is thrust into a position of leadership, where she's forced to make life-changing decisions.

Damn. This is actually really sad, but you gotta do what you gotta do to survive, and these folks are basically already dead.

Edit: Yes, let's keep lying for Troy.

Bandit1

Please don't tell me Alicia was the only one in the room that didn't suffocate... (besides Ofelia and that other guy.)

BizzyBum

Alicia with that oxygen reserve tank plot armor. lol

Also not the best time for a heart to heart talk between Crazy Dog and Ofelia when they were in the vents.

Otherwise a great episode.

Top Bottom