• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC - OT2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm thinking this will be more like "End TImes" from Season 4. It will be intense, and there will be a set up for something to go down, but it won't. And then something huge will happen in the next episode.

I just want one more ending like "Crawl Space." The sensation I got after watching the ending of that episode has been unrivaled by any other form of entertainment. It really felt like the show was about to go apocalyptic. I had been buying season 4 episodes one at a time over PSN, since they weren't available on NetFlix yet, and watching an episode a night. I immediately bought the last two episodes and downloaded them.

Wall of shame from OT1:

huAp3wx.png

"Top 10? Guys I'm JOKING! I'M JOKING! I got the primo shit right here."

(Since these days I only speak in Jesse impressions I decided I'm only going to post in them too.

IT'S GONNA BE ONE CRAZY SUMMER!™)

NotLiquid

Definitely have to echo the prediction that this next episode will probably be this season's End Times. It looks like it's basically going to be a race between Jesse and Walt, and we all know that the big one is next week's episode.

Shit is going to heat up fast.

Time to guess the cliff hanger.

Walt about to get fucked even though we know he won't get fucked given the flashforward.

Or

Jesse's plan blowing up in his face somehow

Or

Both!

We're getting close to the point where this flash forward has to come true already so Walt has to go on the run. So something has to happen tonight that would make him finally decide to do it. I mean there are only 3 left after tonight!

Robot Pants

"Top 10? Guys I'm JOKING! I'M JOKING! I got the primo shit right here."

(Since these days I only speak in Jesse impressions I decided I'm only going to post in them too.

IT'S GONNA BE ONE CRAZY SUMMER!™)

I'll join you with Arrested Development quotes.

"IT'S GONNA BE OUR BEST SUMMER EVER, MIKEY!"
photobfahj.jpg

These people are stupid. AMC are the ones who decided to split the season in two. Apple's just a reseller. It's like suing Walmart because your season five DVD set only came with part one.

I partially disagree. The complaint is with how Apple marketed the season pass. According to the suit it said "[t]his Season Pass includes all current and future episodes of Breaking Bad Season 5" in which case it is a reasonable expectation that one would receive both parts as AMC has consistently referred to this as the fifth and final season (the suit even mentions the fact that, prior to the beginning of the first part of the fifth season, it was announced to consist of sixteen episodes split into two halves). In addition, a worker in Apple supposedly stated to a customer that they would not have to purchase the remaining episodes. The issue isn't that the season was split in two, it's that it wasn't clarified that the season pass was only for half of the final season (when Apple supposedly explictly states that a consumer would get "all current and future episodes of season 5"). If Apple had labelled it as a season pass for "Season Five Part A" I would agree (I think that's how other sites such as Amazon have gotten around it? I'm unsure), but in this situation I don't think it's comparable to what you are describing.

It is worth noting that I'm not saying it's right to sue or that this split season is anything other than a new season without the name, but I can understand where the complaint is coming from, I certainly am not a lawyer though.

EDIT: I just checked the DVD and it is, in fact, just sold as "The Fifth Season". Very, very odd. I'm unsure what impact that would have on the case, particularly since AMC has explicitly stated this is still the fifth season (because they have to, I know).

EDIT 2: Wow, I just noticed they're selling this half on DVD as "Breaking Bad - The Final Season"... That's absolutely ludicrous.

I think the more bad press AMC gets for their asinine play here the better.

The balls of them for "The Fifth Season" and "The Final Season" is just fucking astonishing.

But I'm sure Chris Hardwick will have some incredible AMC.com swag tonight on sale to turn me around.

#RespectTheChemistry
#ClipsOnly

Guess Who

Banned
I have to disagree. The complaint is with how Apple marketed the season pass. According to the suit it said "[t]his Season Pass includes all current and future episodes of Breaking Bad Season 5" in which case it is a reasonable expectation that one would receive both parts as AMC has consistently referred to this as the fifth season (the suit even mentions the fact that, prior to the beginning of the first part of the fifth season, it was announced to consist of sixteen episodes split into two halves). In addition, a worker in Apple supposedly stated to a customer that they would not have to purchase the remaining episodes. The issue isn't that the season was split in two, it's that it wasn't clarified that the season pass was only for half of the final season (when Apple supposedly explictly states that a consumer would get "all current and future episodes of season 5"). If Apple had labelled it as a season pass for "Season Five Part A" I would agree, but in this situation I don't think it's comparable to what you are describing.

It is worth noting that I'm not saying it's right to sue or that this split season is anything other than a new season in name only, but I can understand where the complaint is coming from, I certainly am not a lawyer though.

The DVD set for Breaking Bad S5 is just labeled as "The Fifth Season", not "Season Five Part 1" or anything to that effect, and similarly has no explicit disclaimer that it does not contain the second half of the season. This is all down to how AMC is selling it. For production purposes, it's all considered season five, but for the sake of selling the episodes, it's considered a separate season (the title for the DVD set (and iTunes season pass, Amazon pass, etc.) of the second half of the season is "the final season", not season five part 2).

The DVD set for Breaking Bad S5 is just labeled as "The Fifth Season", not "Season Five Part 1" or anything to that effect, and similarly has no explicit disclaimer that it does not contain the second half of the season. This is all down to how AMC is selling it. For production purposes, it's all considered season five, but for the sake of selling the episodes, it's considered a separate season (the title for the DVD set (and iTunes season pass, Amazon pass, etc.) of the second half of the season is "the final season", not season five part 2).

It's not called "The Sixth Season" either.

Mumford

Hooray! New OT :) I'm excited for the final four. It'll kick off for me tomorrow, as I'll be watching it via my iTunes season pass.

Mononoke

Banned
I partially disagree. The complaint is with how Apple marketed the season pass. According to the suit it said "[t]his Season Pass includes all current and future episodes of Breaking Bad Season 5" in which case it is a reasonable expectation that one would receive both parts as AMC has consistently referred to this as the fifth and final season (the suit even mentions the fact that, prior to the beginning of the first part of the fifth season, it was announced to consist of sixteen episodes split into two halves). In addition, a worker in Apple supposedly stated to a customer that they would not have to purchase the remaining episodes. The issue isn't that the season was split in two, it's that it wasn't clarified that the season pass was only for half of the final season (when Apple supposedly explictly states that a consumer would get "all current and future episodes of season 5"). If Apple had labelled it as a season pass for "Season Five Part A" I would agree (I think that's how other sites such as Amazon have gotten around it? I'm unsure), but in this situation I don't think it's comparable to what you are describing.

It is worth noting that I'm not saying it's right to sue or that this split season is anything other than a new season without the name, but I can understand where the complaint is coming from, I certainly am not a lawyer though.

EDIT: I just checked the DVD and it is, in fact, just sold as "The Fifth Season". Very, very odd. I'm unsure what impact that would have on the case, particularly since AMC has explicitly stated this is still the fifth season (because they have to, I know).

EDIT 2: Wow, I just noticed they're selling this half on DVD as "Breaking Bad - The Final Season"... That's absolutely ludicrous.

Yeah, pretty shameful on AMC's part (or Sony?)

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
THE FINAL SEASON.

yeah okay.

you guys i am really fascinated by todd

can we talk a little more about him

remember the scene after mike shoves todd and warns him about bringing a gun to the job without permission?

todd gets in his car and pulls out the tarantula in the jar

what do you think this says about todd? i think todd used to play with tarantulas as a child too

i drew a picture of todd cause i like him so much *__*

Batigol

Banned
It'd be pretty funny if no one actually died in any of the remaining episodes. None of the main characters anyway.

I'm starting to think we won't see it. Todd, Lydia and people like that probably will, but I can't see Jesse, Hank or Skyler dying now :(

It'd be pretty funny if no one actually died in any of the remaining episodes. None of the main characters anyway.

I'm starting to think we won't see it. Todd, Lydia and people like that probably will, but I can't see Jesse, Hank or Skyler dying now :(

iI0kDmoTZFMM1.gif

god I will be so disappointing if #Team EveryonediesexceptWalt doesn't happen

Mononoke

Banned
you guys i am really fascinated by todd

can we talk a little more about him

remember the scene after mike shoves todd and warns him about bringing a gun to the job without permission?

todd gets in his car and pulls out the tarantula in the jar

what do you think this says about todd? i think todd used to play with tarantulas as a child too

i drew a picture of todd cause i like him so much *__*

Todd is an interesting wildcard. We know the guy has no conscience, and so I feel he's an x factor that will come into play in a big way. Obviously that is stating the obvious given how the last episode ended. But I can't wait to see what he actually does. You just know it isn't going to go well.

I still think that if anyone dies, it should be Hank or Skyler. Not because I dislike them (I actually like both of them btw). I just think it would have the biggest impact besides Jesse. And I can't see Jesse dying.

I did correct that before you quoted me, as you probably noticed! But it is sold and advertised as a separate season, if not the "sixth" season.

Not everywhere is it advertised as a seperate season though:

The issue that the suit takes issue with is that AMC advertised Season 5 as "The Final Season" before the first half aired which explicitly lists both halves as Season 5 (which is what the Season Pass was sold for):

"The fifth and final season of the Emmy-winning drama — which will air in two eight-episode chunks — is set to launch Sunday, July 15 at 10/9c. The second eight-episode batch, meanwhile, will air Summer 2013."

Which is what the suit takes issue with. Again, as mentioned, I completely agree that it's a new season in everything but name, but I can definitely see why issue would be taken. I'm very interested to see what the conclusion is. I would assume with the DVD it's saved by an episode count being listed on the back but I don't own it to check. If not it's a very deceptive practice.

EDIT: AMC also include episode recaps under Season 5 as opposed to a "The Final Season" section.

sappyday

I don't want to jinx it by saying this is the episode where it gets crazy since I thought the same thing before "Rabid Dog" (the episode wasn't bad or "filler" by any means though).

But! This is the episode where it gets crazy.

Guess Who

Banned
Not everywhere though:

The issue that the suit takes issue with is that AMC advertised Season 5 as "The Final Season" before the first half aired which explicitly lists both halves as Season 5 (which is what the Season Pass was sold for):

"The fifth and final season of the Emmy-winning drama — which will air in two eight-episode chunks — is set to launch Sunday, July 15 at 10/9c. The second eight-episode batch, meanwhile, will air Summer 2013."

Which is what the suit takes issue too. Again, as mentioned, I completely agree that it's a new season in everything but name, but I can definitely see why issue would be taken. I'm very interested to see what the conclusion is.

I agree, but this is true of every reseller who sells season five - Apple, Amazon, Google Play, and the DVD/Bluray sets (but not Netflix, because Netflix isn't selling them as sets). This isn't on Apple, it's on AMC.

Random question: Walt and Jesse's cell phones should have been in the vicinity of the house where Tuco took them after he tossed them, yes? Why did the police not find them after the shootout, then? Jesse could always fall back on "my car got stolen and had my phone in it", but given they should have had Walt's fingerprints after he got taken in for yelling at the cop, that would have been a smoking gun to prove his involvement in the business. Or were they away from the house when the burners got tossed?

If Walt DOES take out Jesse tonight, do you think he'll tell him about Jane before he offs him? If they wanted to cement that he's just a bastard now, nothing more, that'd be sick.

Random question: Walt and Jesse's cell phones should have been in the vicinity of the house where Tuco took them after he tossed them, yes? Why did the police not find them after the shootout, then? Jesse could always fall back on "my car got stolen and had my phone in it", but given they should have had Walt's fingerprints after he got taken in for yelling at the cop, that would have been a smoking gun to prove his involvement in the business.

If Walt DOES take out Jesse tonight, do you think he'll tell him about Jane before he offs him? If they wanted to cement that he's just a bastard now, nothing more, that'd be sick.

didn't they toss them in the desert or something

Lydia...gosh, I keep forgetting about her.

Yes we need more of those sexy legs... mhhhmmm, mah lawd!

Not everywhere tis it advertised as a seperate season though:

Which is what the suit takes issue too. Again, as mentioned, I completely agree that it's a new season in everything but name, but I can definitely see why issue would be taken. I'm very interested to see what the conclusion is. I would assume with the DVD it's saved by an episode count being listed on the back but I don't own it to check. If not it's a very deceptive practice.

EDIT: AMC also include episode recaps under Season 5 as opposed to a "The Final Season" section.

Wow. How in the heck do you get the latest episodes on netflix?

didn't they toss them in the desert or something

I thought it was after the car got to the house, but maybe I'm just crazy.

I also never liked that them not getting caught in that episode was entirely reliant on Hank not looking up and seeing, y'know, two figures running away from a crime scene into the wide open desert with nothing to visually block them. I enjoy the show for what it is, but sometimes, the contrivances just stack up a little too much.

I agree, but this is true of every reseller who sells season five - Apple, Amazon, Google Play, and the DVD/Bluray sets (but not Netflix, because Netflix isn't selling them as sets). This isn't on Apple, it's on AMC.

I absolutely agree with you that AMC is the cause, wholeheartedly. I don't think Apple purposely set out to deceive the consumer or is villainous in their approach. It is similarly true for everybody else (unless they have phrased their season passes in a different manner; Apple's phrasing is what got them into the situation), but the case is looking at Apple alone. Part of what makes matters worse is that after a consumer complained in July 2013, an Apple representative replied "Don, as you have purchased the season pass, whenever an episode aired, you will be notified. You do not have to purchase the remaining episodes again as well". It was, likely, just a standard response to an inquiry into the season pass, but it doesn't assist the defense.

EDIT: Anyway, it seems like we're both in agreement that the fault primarily lies with AMC and that they are the cause, we just differ in our interpretation as to whether or not the resellers need to use specific language to avoid such confusion.

EDIT 2: And your question has been answered anyway LastHope but, as has been stated, the UK and Irish Netflix sites get the episodes after they air. Usually they are put up sometime between 9am and 11am (BST).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom