• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC - OT2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batigol

Banned
If Walt DOES take out Jesse tonight, do you think he'll tell him about Jane before he offs him? If they wanted to cement that he's just a bastard now, nothing more, that'd be sick.

"Btw, I let Jane die"

912.gif

Guess Who

Banned
I absolutely agree with you that AMC is the cause, wholeheartedly. I don't think Apple purposely set out to deceive the consumer or is villainous in their approach. It is similarly true for everybody else (unless they have phrased their season passes in a different manner; Apple's phrasing is what got them into the situation), but the case is looking at Apple alone. Part of what makes matters worse is that after a consumer complained in July 2013, an Apple representative replied "Don, as you have purchased the season pass, whenever an episode aired, you will be notified. You do not have to purchase the remaining episodes again as well". It was, likely, just a standard response to an inquiry into the season pass, but it doesn't assist the defense.

EDIT: Anyway, it seems like we're both in agreement that the fault primarily lies with AMC and that they are the cause, we just differ in our interpretation as to whether or not the resellers need to use specific language to avoid such confusion.

I'll say this - Google Play and Amazon explicitly list the new episodes as "season 6", and Amazon/Apple/Google all number the episodes with Blood Money as "601", Rabid Dog as "604", etc.

Robot Pants

Random question: Walt and Jesse's cell phones should have been in the vicinity of the house where Tuco took them after he tossed them, yes? Why did the police not find them after the shootout, then? Jesse could always fall back on "my car got stolen and had my phone in it", but given they should have had Walt's fingerprints after he got taken in for yelling at the cop, that would have been a smoking gun to prove his involvement in the business. Or were they away from the house when the burners got tossed?

If Walt DOES take out Jesse tonight, do you think he'll tell him about Jane before he offs him? If they wanted to cement that he's just a bastard now, nothing more, that'd be sick.

Man that's ice cold as fuck. I don't think so though cause I don't think Walt really wants to kill Jesse.

Quidam

These people are stupid. AMC are the ones who decided to split the season in two. Apple's just a reseller. It's like suing Walmart because your season five DVD set only came with part one.

Not to be annoying or anything, but you do realise that your Walmart example is in theory perfectly possible? It doesn't matter that they're not the creator, just the distributor / retailer, as all those people can be sued if the item doesn't match description.

If you buy a faulty lawnmower from Walmart, you should probably go after Walmart before you go after the manufacturer!

Man that's ice cold as fuck. I don't think so though cause I don't think Walt really wants to kill Jesse.

I think it depends on what Jesse's plan is. If he does something with the money, or Skyler, or the kids, I can see Walt saying "fuck it" and going all out.

I think SOMEBODY significant is going to die, this episode. Maybe Jesse's plan puts Hank or Marie in the crossfire?

Guess Who

Banned
Not to be annoying or anything, but you do realise that your Walmart example is in theory perfectly possible? It doesn't matter that they're not the creator, just the distributor / retailer, as all those people can be sued if the item doesn't match description.

The question is whether or not the item matches the description, then, and the problem there is that AMC and Sony can't decide on what exactly the new episodes are. They consider them season five or a separate season depending on what suits their convenience at the time, really.

vgJames

Banned
Need to go to sleep early so I can get up early and watch this on Netflix. Ridiculously excited every sunday night.

every time somebody says "Future Walt" I imagine Walt literally traveling from the future to warn his past self about the dangers of starting a meth empire

I think Jesse will survive the series. It'll be amusing that the guy that was supposed to die a bit after he was introduced was the only one to survive :p

I also think Skyler/Jr/Marie will survive though.

I actually think Jesse might survive, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if I'm proven wrong tonight.

I've been thinking about Jesse's plan and I think I figured it out, he's going to tell everyone in Albequrque Walt has a tiny weiner thus emasculating him completely and damaging his pride.

iammeiam

I can't decide if Jesse is likely to die or not. Him dying before the end of the final episode would be the ultimate stakes-raiser for a large portion of the audience, but at the same time would be pretty discouraging as his frequent bouts of depression tag him as possibly the only person who hasn't gone numb to the terrible stuff happening.

While I don't think he's gone as bad as The Shield's Shane Vendrell, I have been thinking a lot about Shane's letter in the series finale lately because I think it might accurately reflect on where Jesse is at right now mentally. Specifically this part:

The guilty ones are me and Vic. Vic led, but I kept following. I don't think one's worse than the other, but we made each other into something worse than our individual selves. I wish I'd never met him. I see it all now. There's no apologies I can make, no explanations I can give, I was who I was and I can't be that person any more.

I'm pretty sure Jesse won't end up in the same place Shane did, at least, but it's sort of haunting me.

Jesse is staying alive until the last episode I predict.
If either one or both of the main characters die, it will be on the Final show

Rich!

Can't wait for this.

I feel this will be a roller coaster ride of an episode, with thrills, scares, spills and.....death and destruction. The final symphony of Heisenberg - a Requiem for Walter White.

It's gotta be. Last week was a slow burner, the calm before the storm...it's gotta hit now.

Dug

Banned
Dammit, just saw something that made my hype levels go even higher for this episode. Hope these two hours go by fast.

Mononoke

Banned
This is the only show that churns my stomach. I always get really nervous before an episode airs. Show is just too intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom