• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Pentagon says targeted airstrike carried out against Jihadi John

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This huge effort to go after the this deranged man filled with hate when they can't make half that effort to save the hostages while these young Americans were still alive," said Foley, who was been critical of the U.S. government's hostage policy.

Perfectly stated. This drone strike doesn't do anything for me. We'll drop the hammer on them, but only after they've killed "enough" innocent people.

Oersted

I read one report that said he was still a mid level Isis operative inflated in value for his "pr" value. So I have no idea what or where he was in or out of the organization.

I see, thanks. It always worries that these reports are always all over the goddamn place.

"This huge effort to go after the this deranged man filled with hate when they can't make half that effort to save the hostages while these young Americans were still alive," said Foley, who was been critical of the U.S. government's hostage policy.

I wonder how he would feel if a bunch of soldiers died trying to rescue those hostages. It would probably still be the government's fault.

cameron

Identity and death confirmed by ISIL.

BBC: "IS group confirms 'Jihadi John' death"
The Islamic State group's propaganda magazine has confirmed the British militant known as Jihadi John died in a drone strike in November.

The group published a eulogy for the jihadist, whose real name was Mohammed Emwazi, in its online magazine Dabiq.

In November the US military said it was "reasonably certain" it had killed him in the IS-stronghold of Raqqa.

The Telegraph: "Islamic State confirms identity of dead British terrorist Jihadi John"
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists have acknowledged the death of Jihadi John, saying that he "pretended to be unintelligent to trick MI5 officers".

The terrorist organisation pay homage to the British jihadi, who was filmed beheading British and American hostages, in their online publication.

They name Jihadi John, whose real name is Mohammed Emwazi, as Abū Muhārib al-Muhājir.

Detailing an attempt by Emwazi to travel from Britain to Kuwait, Emwazi was stopped by British security officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom