• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: SpongeBob is gay

cormack12

Gold Member
Season 13 guest starring

Q9JOCwE.png

Collin

Banned
spongebob being gay has been a topic of pop culture conversation since the beginning of the show. parents used to not let their kids watch because they were afraid it would turn their kids gay lol

i say let him be openly gay at this point who gives a fuck

ExpandKong

Banned
spongebob being gay has been a topic of pop culture conversation since the beginning of the show. parents used to not let their kids watch because they were afraid it would turn their kids gay lol

i say let him be openly gay at this point who gives a fuck

Probably the show’s creator who stated that he’s decidedly not gay.

But he’s dead now lol fuck that guy who cares woooooo everyone’s gay now fam let’s suck dicks

Nymphae

Banned
2002 - not gay
2005 - possibly asexual; definitely not gay
2018 - not gay
2020 - gay

my stance on this will never change. I'm 1000% on board with stories about LGBTQ+ persons in order to give them more representation in media if the story was written around this character. Retconning characters to fit a social narrative is really disappointing.

“It doesn’t have anything to do with what we’re trying to do,” Hillenburg tells Reuters.

You don't say

Anyone remember that episode where Sponge Bob and Patrick had to take care of the baby clam? Sponge Bob dressed as a woman in a scene. When I was a kid, I knew he was gay AF. But then again I don't put to much attention to this stuff.

REE Machine

Banned
I mean....this is my problem, either make a character gay from the ground up and stop just randomly picking which character is gay. I feel like if anything thats shitty representation.

Last edited:

Mypmarlo

Banned
So...
Gay kids n gays in general(me included) enjoyed having this wonderful gay character for years and years but fucking assholes at Nickelodeon decided to ruin it completely by officially declaring him gay to score cheap woke points...

So he WAS gay, now he is officially just a boring fag.
Piece of propaganda n nothing more

Hope Patrick ll not be outed, it ll be a sad day xD

JSoup

Banned
If this goes south, they can point out that they meant it literally. Most species of sponge are asexual, that's all they meant, right?

So are the people who watch it.....

Jokes aside, I'm still mad they discontinued the Sponge Bob cereal....that shit was delicious. It made your milk taste like pineapple.

uAKOzML.jpg

Top Bottom